It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is far and away the best country on earth for black people

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Wait a minute. Some of their ancestors put them is chains and sold them. Some of their ancestors also owned slaves in the US. One estimate is blacks owned over 5000 slaves at one point. I really admire Native Americans because they never sold their own people into slavery and would rather die than be slaves.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyinHeadlock

Mate, that is a pretty weak “but but but” don’t you think? Just because a minute percentage of Africans and African Americans participated in the slave trade is not indicative of widespread collusion.

It’s the same flawed argument conservatives are using to demonise the protests by pointing to the small minority looting and burning.

So you’re saying you DONT admire African Americans because a small number participated in slavery?

Curious, what do you think of whites? Do you admire whites?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I really admire Native Americans because they never sold their own people into slavery and would rather die than be slaves.

Really?

Where did you hear that?

www.slate.com...< br />

edit on 22-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

The slave trade in Africa really has a deep and dark history. And it's all mainly rooted in religion, not really about skin color.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
America still provides the most opportunity for anyone with ambition or talent to make good. Where else is freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of assembly to protest and the right to self defense a core part of their legal system? Trial by a jury of your peers, no cruel or unusual punishment? Equal rights for all races and religions?

I'll be the first to admit corporations and banking have a stranglehold on our government and it has only gotten worse. If a revolution could free us of their rule and restore it to the people then I'm all for it. I dont know what banning monkeys from cereal or tearing down statues will accomplish. Everything has become a target of opportunity to express outrage. What we need to do is focus on the structural issues and corruption that plague our system. That may mean dirty cops, DA's, bloated bureaucracies with overpaid employees, groups like the NEA can be abolished for the benefit of all students. Fact is easily 50% of our federal government is either useless or counterproductive.

Sudden changes reap instability so a slow process of fundamental change is necessary and is long overdue. How about phasing out all preferential hiring based on race? Student loans and grade curving need to go if we want actual equality. Perhaps most importantly the welfare system needs to be changed to discourage young women from having children as a source of income. This has led to single parent households, lack of discipline and widespread criminality. It is proven that 2 parent households raise healthier, happier children which statistically is more common among white and asian populations though all races are suffering from increased rates of single parent households.

Many of today's issues stem from dissolution of traditional families and communities irrespective of race. Religion has lost it's place as our moral arbiter only to leave a void of morals and social cohesion. Healing the wounds can be accomplished and we can come together as a people, the people of the Unite States. It won't be easy and will take generations to achieve just as it's taken 60 years to tear it apart. Communism is being displayed in all it's ugliness for America to see and more and more the average American is ready to see it gone. It doesnt work, it isn't democratic and if you value freedom at all you don't want it. It may take a while to deprogram the last generations from their indoctrination to be 'world citizens' willing to give their lives to stop climate change and structural racism. Sanity can return but we must stop fighting each other and recognize the real enemies of the people.

sorry for the ramble.
edit on 22-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

Jesus man. Can you possibly miss the point any more?

You judge a nation on how it treats its poor, not its celebrities

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What?!?!

Every culture. I repeat every culture has had slavery. And we have all been enslaved. Humans are assholes.

link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: incoserv

Clearly saying:

Hey, folks, look how far we've come! Let's move forward from here together.

Didn't work the first like nine times black American's tried that. So what else was there to do? Ask nicely again?

I love how people focus on that aspect of his presidency so much, and call him a divisive POTUS, and will guarantee defend the clown in office right now whose currently watching his nation burn to the ground, on the verge of civil war, and hasn't called for unity once. But it's OK right?

"Unity" doesn't come out of nothing. Unity is based on civility, respect for the rule of law, a society where respect goes both ways. You don't build that by doing the kinds of things that are being done.

He's called for civility, He's called for respect of rule of law. He's called for respecting other people's property. Without those things, there is no unity.

No, the world is not perfect. There will always be jerks. There will always be people who want to oppress other people. Let's all whine about it and tell the world how everybody else is bad then break their stuff and hurt them. That'll fix it.

Never mind. I am embarrassed that I was not able to see that you've figured it all out.
:
edit on 2020 6 22 by incoserv because: formatting

link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Mate, that is a pretty weak “but but but” don’t you think? Just because a minute percentage of Africans and African Americans participated in the slave trade is not indicative of widespread collusion.

It’s the same flawed argument conservatives are using to demonise the protests by pointing to the small minority looting and burning.

So you’re saying you DONT admire African Americans because a small number participated in slavery?

Curious, what do you think of whites? Do you admire whites?

That is exactly NOT what I said. I said I admire Native Americans. My main point however goes right over your head so..meh. If someone is 90% guilty of something and another person is 10% guilty of causing that something they are still guilty of causing it. They can't say they had nothing to do with it.

The media and standard history books let them off the hook for it but I'm not letting them off the hook. They are still on the hook for causing some of it. No way around it. They are an accessory to slavery whether they like it or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

When was the last time a black man stormed a church and shot up a bunch of white people?

So it's how you kill someone that is important to you? Not that someone is killed?

You've fallen into the white supremacist trap here. Are you going to ignore that majority of domestic abuse and non firearm related crimes are committed by white people?

White supremacist trap? Don't be that guy. The guy that only talks about racism like it's just a white thing. At least be real about it. Racism is in every race. Not just one, but it is the only one that people get really uneasy talking about for some reason. Why is that?

I don't give a damn about who is committing what crimes, but don't put the blame on black people. Because that's what you're doing, you're separating them from everyone else.

Me? I was responding to your comment,

Are those crimes driven by racism or what?

with a question about race related issues... and you went there? It seems you are more about virtue signaling and projection of how you think than having a discussion which makes you all triggly.

Why is that?

Probably because your just a douche that likes to insinuate that other people are racist because deep down you think you are.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I know exactly what you are saying, you wish to dissolve the guilt you feel for the perpetration of slavery in the US committed in majority by whites by pointing out a minuscule group of Africans who also participated.

There were Jews who ratted on their own people to save their skin....does that make the holocaust ok?

You clearly don’t admire African Americans because you made a point of saying you admire native Americans.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What?!?!

Every culture. I repeat every culture has had slavery. And we have all been enslaved. Humans are assholes.

Sub Saharan Africa and much of Asia still have slavery.
Doesn't seem to be a big issue though..

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I really admire Native Americans because they never sold their own people into slavery and would rather die than be slaves.

they didn't survive, their history truly erased, culture, lineage... extinct, reduced to just obscure genetic traces in less than 300 years....

they really should have 'vetted' the skittles or impose strict travel bans
edit on 22-6-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm quite sure anyone who does not have empathy will enslave another, given the opportunity.
I think there are degrees of slavery.

Industrialized slavery is evil.
In a way, humanity are somewhat parasitic toward it self.
edit on 0000006053465America/Chicago22 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

The black President who had to undergo the whole birther he was born in Kenya movement? In which the current president was very vocal about? The black President who was portrayed as a monkey in numerous memes? The black President who wore a tan suit and people lost their minds?

The black First Lady who showed her shoulders and it was scandalous and shameful but the current first lady has nude photos everywhere?

The black President who was also featured in memes with a noose around his neck?

And really this thread should have been two posts. The original and the second post stating a person who is not black does not get to judge where a black person is treated best. Seriously.

And to add. America is not a country.
edit on 22-6-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
It's only in America where a black man could be elected to the presidency by popular vote then spend the following eight years whining about racism.

And he did nothing to fix the cops.

Instead he forced people to buy healthcare,illegally spied on the next prez, and framed Flynn.

They had 8 years to do something.

And the best they've got is 'get rid of the cops' and give them money to give to a token seniled old white guy.
edit on 22-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453
Yep
The American people elected a black dude to lead us.
Canada hasn't
Uk hasn't
Australia hasn't
New Zealand hasn't

Tho Baraks actions have ensured he will probably be the only black American president.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The American people elected a black dude to lead us.

I didn't vote for that guy.

I don't vote for commies.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: 99problems99

Jesus man. Can you possibly miss the point any more?

You judge a nation on how it treats its poor, not its celebrities

You judge a nation on how it treats people that can't defend themselves.

On that one issue alone-abortion.

This country is an epic failure, and many of them are from minority groups.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
I voted for him the first time.

His opponent was poo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join