It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is far and away the best country on earth for black people

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: baburak

So am I to blame because of the stupid people from 400 years ago? What I said is that it's stupid to blame to blame people that are alive today for what people did centuries ago. They were burning witches in those times for gods sake. It's on us to live and to make a better world and this stupid blame game won't help.

Its not even that point of blame as to how wrong it is. They twisted pretty much everything about history such as slavery started in America, the North fought the civil war to preserve slavery...so on and so forth. 100s of articles and a number of other Pulitzer Prize winners in history pretty much slam it as a whole...

Here is an example.

Bad Writing

edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ras321
First off no one is hating white people. You are interpreting it that way because of your own guilty feelings. If you are still being oppressed to this day by the same system that was around 250 years ago then you should hate that system, not the people. a reply to: baburak

I have no guilty feeling and I am not oppresed. I have a happy and succesful live. And if you didn't see, my original comment was reffering to the comment that said: Like 400 years of oppression goes away when a few token black people get money. World class pendejos. And that part is just plain stupid.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

It's saying those people were wrong, not people that are alive today.

You don't change history to fit your own narrative in doing so as the 1619 project did in one big virtual signally brush stroke.

edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Oh, I thought you were talking about this project in a different context. My bad. But everything that I wrote stays

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
That is good that you are no longer being oppressed. The system that oppressed your ancestors from a couple hundred years ago was dismantled. Meanwhile, the system that started about 400 years ago that was designed to oppress black people still exists to this day. a reply to: baburak

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ras321

You didn't read me correctly .. my relatives were killed and oppresed in the last 100 years. Or to be more exact in the last 75 years. Both of my grandparrents were even killed by Russians and Germans. And I am not blaming todays Russians or Germans for that; I have no reason to. Those idiots that did that, are not alive anymore. The system changed. The system also changed in the United States. Your future depends on what you do, not on what people did 100 or even 400 years ago.

Systemic rasicm exist everywhere. In Europe it's not the color of your skin but where you come from. Southern countries are considered "backwards" and people are treated as such. But it doesn't mean they can't succeed, it just means they have to work more for it and are better off in the future. It's on us to make a better world, not to destroy it and blame everyone else for it.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Ok so 75 years ago my mistake. Iike you said that system changed and that is good that it did. This sytem that has been around for 400 years also needs to change and really there is generally no blame on any group of people that I see it just a system of opression that needs to be fixed. That is done by changing the laws to make everything more equitable. What do you mean by destroy the world. Who wants that? Ridding ourselves of systematic racism will help make a better, safer world for everyone. How you do that is by fixing our criminal justice system and trying to make it so anyone who works hard and is decent can make a decent life for themselves. reply to: baburak

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Totally agree ...

American criminal justice system is flawed and shouldn't every be privatised. Their goal is to keep people incarcerated, not rehabilitated.

But overall I know a few people that lived or still live in the USA. Every single one of them said that it is much easier to make a decent life in the USA if you work hard than it is in Europe. Those people have experience in a few European countries and in the US too so I believe them. I personally have no first hand experience with the US system.

In regards of destroying the world, I could say that is what is going on in the US right now. All of the criminal activities that are happening right now or were happening in the last weeks are doing just that. It's just an escalation of violence, not deescalation as it should be happening. Everyone should just stop protesting and start talking. You can't fix anything by protest. The protest should be an entry point for talks and reforms, not for crime to skyrocket.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Scapegrace

And there's differing data as evidenced by the people who posted it saying so.
Even if there are far fewer millionaires in America — let’s say only half as many — as The Economist and Credit Suisse maintain, that would still be 9.3 million millionaires in America.

And let’s say that instead of 8 percent of those being black millionaires, it’s only 4 percent. That’s still about 372,000 black millionaires in America.

Even half of that — 186,000 — would still be 50 percent more than the 19 African nations with the most millionaires.

Even one-third would be slightly more than all 19.

And it’s doubtful that all 40,000 South African millionaires are blacks, and Egyptians don’t consider themselves to be black, so you can subtract 12,000 Egyptian millionaires from your total, and probably half the South African total. So I’m guessing only a quarter of the already low-ball estimate of 372,000 black American millionaires would be equal to all of Africa.

Why don’t you just admit there are more millionaires among the 40 million black Americans than all of Africa? What’s so awful about that? Aren’t you happy that blacks have done better here than anywhere else?

Now I’ll be the first to admit African Americans could and should do much, much better. But we’ve certainly made a good faith effort over the last 55 years to improve their lives, beginning with LBJ’s Great Society program and War on Poverty.

According to the Cato Institute, $15 trillion has been spent on welfare programs since the mid-1960s. I’ve seen estimates 50 percent higher. Not all of that went to black Americans, of course — not even close. But if black Americans received no more than 13 percent (their percentage of the population), that’s $2 trillion out of $15 trillion spent.

Consider how these Great Society programs have helped — at least tried to help — poor Americans of every race and ethnicity: Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security (hugely increased spending since 1965), food stamps, Head Start, the Economic Opportunity Act, the Job Corps, Work Study, Adult Basic Education and Neighborhood Youth Corps.

Many of these programs produced disappointing results considering their outlays, but it can’t be denied they were sincere attempts to reduce poverty across the board.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Do you seriously think the past has no connection to the present? It is not about what happened 400 years ago it is about the systems of white supremacy that were established 400 years ago and still persist to this day. Though that system affects black people worst of all it is detrimental to all people outside those elitists that pull the strings. a reply to: baburak

But it’s a question of where blacks have done best in the world, yes? They can do much better here — as Nigerian Americans have shown. Blacks have done relatively well in the United States compared to the rest of the world. I have to admit blacks have done very well in the Bahamas, with its per capita GDP of $33,000, but there are 385,000 Bahamians and at least 40 million black Americans.

In Africa, Equatorial Guinea, with 1.2 million people, has the highest per capita GDP at $35,000. It falls rapidly after that, with the Seychelles, population less than 100,000, having a per capita GDP of $29,000. Mauritius, with 1.2 million people, is third at $22,000. Gabon, population 2.1 million, is fourth at $19,000. South Africa’s is $14,000.

I copied the following data on black American incomes from BlackDemographics.com, which got it from the 2018 (2nd quarter) Bureau of Labor Statistics, American Community Survey, conducted by the Census Bureau.

Black Median Household income: $41,361*
(all races $63,179)
All Black Workers 2018 weekly earnings: $683
(all races $876)
Black Men weekly earnings: $720
(All men $959)
Black Women weekly earnings: $644
(All women $780)
edit on 25-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Tidying up

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

That is good that you are no longer being oppressed. The system that oppressed your ancestors from a couple hundred years ago was dismantled. Meanwhile, the system that started about 400 years ago that was designed to oppress black people still exists to this day. a reply to: baburak

I wonder why it oppresses only African Americans? How is it that Nigerian, Indian, Muslim, Chinese and Korean immigrants, many arriving with practically nothing, manage to do so well here? Do white people love them for some reason? Nigerians?

You can’t say these immigrants and their children born here use white privilege, or that a system of institutionalized racism assists them while holding African Americans back. No, the problems lie elsewhere. They’ve been discussed ad nauseum in other threads.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   

You didn't read me correctly .. my relatives were killed and oppresed in the last 100 years. Or to be more exact in the last 75 years. Both of my grandparrents were even killed by Russians and Germans. And I am not blaming todays Russians or Germans for that; I have no reason to. Those idiots that did that, are not alive anymore. The system changed. The system also changed in the United States. Your future depends on what you do, not on what people did 100 or even 400 years ago.

Systemic rasicm exist everywhere. In Europe it's not the color of your skin but where you come from. Southern countries are considered "backwards" and people are treated as such. But it doesn't mean they can't succeed, it just means they have to work more for it and are better off in the future. It's on us to make a better world, not to destroy it and blame everyone else for it.
I can’t think of any people who were oppressed more than the Jews of Europe before and during WWII. Look how their descendants thrive today. They don’t forget the horrors perpetrated on their people, but they don’t let it hold them back.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I'm going to wait until someone has actual numbers and not estimates. Let me know when and if you find them because I'm not seeing hard data.

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So lame! How do you treat black people? Oh i see, you treat them like gods. Bow to BLM, plant your face in the ground while Colin kneels over you. Kee yuck
a reply to: 99problems99

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Wait, this absolutely silly thread is still alive?

You can't make this stuff up. Non-black people defining what country is best for black people. LOL

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
Wait, this absolutely silly thread is still alive?
You can't make this stuff up. Non-black people defining what country is best for black people. LOL

People who roll other people into categories of oppression to 'rectify/re-write' history are intellectually dishonest and morally not what the appear to be.
Good and Evil, start with truth and lies.
The truth of history is brutal, the regurgitation of it, and the demonization of entire racial categories tactics is insidious abuse and disgusting.It is the essential driver of chaos, always and perhaps forever.

Once again the guilt ridden switcharoo is not going down so well.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
Martin Luther King, Jr

To belive any one skin color has a monopoly on virtue, or cruelty, is racism of the first order.
I think this is something worth fighting for, and the world has fought brutal wars in it's service.

The heros coming out of this debacle are not very impressive in their philosophy or self righteous indignation.

The Privilege of the covert narcissist is soon squandered.
The Privilege of the pure of heart is ever lasting.
edit on 0000006091269America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ooops..
edit on 2/7/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: 99problems99

America is far and away the best country on earth for black people

This can't be serious, this must be a clickbite topic...

Name a country with more successful rich black people than the USA.

Thats not so very difficult to find..

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join