It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is far and away the best country on earth for black people

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I found the same number, that was 2015 and showing very high growth while decreasing for whites. I'd suspect if the trend continued the delta is now reversed but I'm still sifting through some sites seeing what I can find.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have no idea how many black millionaires live in the USA, but Credit Suisse provided a list of the countries with the most millionaires in 2019.

The United States is No. 1 with 18.6 million millionaires. If each of them gave me six cents, I’d be a millionaire, too.

China is No. 2 with 4.4 million, followed by Japan with 3 million, the UK with 2.4 million, Germany with 2.1 million and France with 2 million. No other country had more than 1.5 million.

What’s even more interesting to me is the number of millionaires per capita. Not surprisingly, Switzerland is the leader by far with an amazing 9,428 millionaires per 100,000 people — almost one-tenth of its total population of 8.57 million people. That includes its non-adults.

No. 2 per capita is Hong Kong, with 6,917 millionaires per 100,000 Hongkongers. That’s also astounding; about 7 percent of its 7.5 million people.

But would you believe No. 3 is the United States, with 5,671 millionaires per 100,000 people? In other words, one out of every 17.7 people in America is a millionaire, and 330 million people live here.

I suspect there are far more black millionaires in America than all of Africa, with its 1.3 billion people. The link provided by AugustusMasonicus shows no more than 120,000 millionaires in the 19 African nations with the most.

I would be surprised and disappointed if at least 1 percent — equal to 186,000 — of all the millionaires in America aren’t black. About 40 million black people live in America.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I found the same number, that was 2015 and showing very high growth while decreasing for whites. I'd suspect if the trend continued the delta is now reversed but I'm still sifting through some sites seeing what I can find.

Yes, I think you will be correct there. It rose dramatically as a percentage vs whites from 2002, so would not surprise me at all to see higher than 50% in 2020 of all millionaires in SA being black. I also suspect many white millionaires have left the country to protect themselves and their assets.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm finding that your estimation is not correct. It appears hard numbers on exact amounts are not easily accessible, as I just replied to the poster above, I'm looking for more info.

I'm seeing consistent percentages that 8% of millionaires in the US are for both blacks and Asians, but yes hard to find exact information.

edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
According to Statista, in 2013, about 8 percent of all millionaires in America were black. If true, and the same percentage applies today, that’s almost 1.5 million who are millionaires. A bit more than all other black people in the world combined I would guess. Black Americans: 40 million people. All of Africa: 1.3 billion people, including Egyptians, who most definitely do not consider themselves to be sub-Saharan blacks. I believe France has the largest number of blacks (sub-Saharan ancestry) in Europe with 4.6 million. I wonder how many are millionaires?

This will undoubtedly disappoint a lot of people.
edit on 25-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

I would be surprised and disappointed if at least 1 percent — equal to 186,000 — of all the millionaires in America aren’t black. About 40 million black people live in America.

A consistent percentage is for both Blacks and Asians there is 8% each of the total millionaires.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

But would you believe No. 3 is the United States, with 5,671 millionaires per 100,000 people? In other words, one out of every 17.7 people in America is a millionaire, and 330 million people live here.

That is crazy numbers in you really can't compare a place like Hong Kong or Switzerland with extremely small populations and places where millionaires would migrate too in larger numbers, especially Hong Kong to the 3rd most populated country in the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Killeonidas
Threads like these prove ats has long been infiltrated by white supremacist. a bunch of fragile white dudes smelling their own racist farts. Like 400 years of oppression goes away when a few token black people get money. World class pendejos
Are almost 1.5 million black millionaires mere tokens? That might offend some of them, who had to work damn hard to get where they are today.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Don't know and it wasn't really relevant since the question from the Original Poster was to show him a country with a larger number of successful black people, I think having more millionaires is a pretty good answer to that.
So I guess America is the best place for blacks according to your definition. It’s 3,720 percent better if we generously suppose all 40,000 South African millionaires are black, and 8 percent of the 18.6 million U.S. millionaires are black. Good to know.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm showing your 18.5 number is not accurate.
The Economist seems to agree with the Credit Suisse estimates.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

That is crazy numbers in you really can't compare a place like Hong Kong or Switzerland with extremely small populations and places where millionaires would migrate too in larger numbers, especially Hong Kong to the 3rd most populated country in the world.
The USA isn’t nearly so dominant in billionaires. It has the most, with 614 according to Forbes, followed by China with 389. Then Germany with 107, India with 102 and Russia with 99. There’s a big drop to 66 in Hong Kong, followed by the UK and Brazil with 45 each. Hong Kong is amazing; only 2.3 percent as many people as the United States, but almost 11 percent as many billionaires.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Killeonidas

Stop with that 400 years #. I am from Europe and reading stuff like this over and over again feels stupid. Did any of people on ATS oppresed anyone or had slaves? Did anyones parrents had slaves? Why does it matter what happened hundreds of years ago if not a single person from that time is alive? So the whole Europe should hate Germany and Austria because of Hitler. We should also hate Italy because of Mussolini. We should hate Russians because of Stalin. We should hate France because of Napoleon. We should hate Poland, Hungary and actually most of the European countries because most of them had imperialistic ambitions at least once in the last 400 years.

How is anyone guilty of rasicm because of what their relatives from 200+ years ago did? It's just stupid.

Or maybe because I am white and from Europe, I am also guilty of the slave trade that was going on 400 years ago? It's nonsense.

I wish all people in the world would become completely blind for a week ...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: baburak
Good post. It is all just a big excuse for black pity. Black poverty is not the result that there were slaves a hundred years ago, it is due to the modern welfare state.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

And there's differing data as evidenced by the people who posted it saying so.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Do you seriously think the past has no connection to the present? It is not about what happened 400 years ago it is about the systems of white supremacy that were established 400 years ago and still persist to this day. Though that system affects black people worst of all it is detrimental to all people outside those elitists that pull the strings. a reply to: baburak

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

My relatives in the last 100 years were directly oppresed, enslaved or killed by Russians, Germans and Ukrainians ... so by that logic I should hate around 250 million people. But how can I blame people that are not even alive today? So I won. I am alive and well and they are not. My future is on me and my actions not on some folks that were stupid and are long gone.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: baburak

Stop with that 400 years #. I am from Europe and reading stuff like this over and over again feels stupid. Did any of people on ATS oppresed anyone or had slaves? Did anyones parrents had slaves? Why does it matter what happened hundreds of years ago if not a single person from that time is alive? So the whole Europe should hate Germany and Austria because of Hitler. We should also hate Italy because of Mussolini. We should hate Russians because of Stalin. We should hate France because of Napoleon. We should hate Poland, Hungary and actually most of the European countries because most of them had imperialistic ambitions at least once in the last 400 years.

How is anyone guilty of rasicm because of what their relatives from 200+ years ago did? It's just stupid.

Or maybe because I am white and from Europe, I am also guilty of the slave trade that was going on 400 years ago? It's nonsense.

Ya the old NYT 1619 project that pretty much suggests everything wrong with the world whites did it starting in 1619...
Sorry to see the Pulitzer Prize get turned into a decoder ring from a cracker jack box in worth anymore.

edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: baburak

Ya the old NYT 619 project that pretty much suggests everything wrong with the world whites did it starting in 1619...
Sorry to see the Pulitzer Prize get turned into a decoder ring from a cracker jack box in worth anymore.

So am I to blame because of the stupid people from 400 years ago? What I said is that it's stupid to blame to blame people that are alive today for what people did centuries ago. They were burning witches in those times for gods sake. It's on us to live and to make a better world and this stupid blame game won't help.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's saying those people were wrong, not people that are alive today. Huge difference. By the logic to blame todays people for what some idiots did 400 years ago is exactly the same as to blame Jewish people for death of Jesus. Some people did that over the centuries and the results were horrible.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
First off no one is hating white people. You are interpreting it that way because of your own guilty feelings. If you are still being oppressed to this day by the same system that was around 250 years ago then you should hate that system, not the people. a reply to: baburak

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join