It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is far and away the best country on earth for black people

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: UKTruth

Don't know and it wasn't really relevant since the question from the Original Poster was to show him a country with a larger number of successful black people, I think having more millionaires is a pretty good answer to that. We can debate the merits of this but if you want to pull historical growth data knock yourself out, I'm not digging around for it.

I saw an article that said that most millionaires in SA were white. Not close to 40k black millionaires, but recently (over the last 10years), it's shifted as more and more white millionaire shave fled the country or had their assets stripped.

It's not really a good country to use to argue against the point that black people have it good in the USA.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

Another person who has not been to any countries outside their own country
Yet seems to know everything about other countries!
edit on 25-6-2020 by Jay-morris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The source was on the last page, the numbers are accurate.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yes, that was overall millionaires, not black millionaires.
In 2015 there were just over 17,000 black millionaires in SA.
businesstech.co.za...
There are about 40,000 in the USA
The USA and SA have about the same black population.

The poverty levels for millions of black people in SA is truly sickening, much worse conditions that the USA.
It would take some kind of master sales pitch to buy any notion that black people have it better in SA than in the USA.

I think it is pretty accurate to say that America has provided black people with the best opportunity for success than anywhere else on earth.

edit on 25/6/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesilver

UK, Sweden, Australia, Denmark, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, New Zealand, Holland, Norway.. that would be just a few. You are caught up in the whole U..S..A...... U..S..A thing. There are a lot of other countries out in the big world who are doing ok thanks.

I didn't say other countries were not doing OK. The US is equaled to 50 different countries and this offers a lot more possibilities than lets say Iceland where there isn't very much that immigrants can do to achieve past low end jobs. We see this throughout EU that immigrants/blacks do not really have many paths to prosperity. This is one of the reasons so many immigrants want to come to America.

I have spent time in each country you have named and lived for years in a couple, The quality of life is OK in them but with limitations. I spent 5 years in Tokyo too, great city, but boy unless you make really good money you live very minimal. Think of buying a small house somewhere at 1500 per sq ft as example. So you end up packed in small apartments 500 sq ft or less and still you pay big. EU is like this too in unless you make top incomes you tend to live very minimal lives with few choices. Last time I was in Holland about 10 months ago, most live in small flats, don't have a car and if they do they have a very simple car for a group of people. Not much in their apartments and live a very minimalist lifestyle even for their middle class. If that is what you want in life then great, but there isn't too many other choices if you don't.

edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Threads like these prove ats has long been infiltrated by white supremacist. a bunch of fragile white dudes smelling their own racist farts. Like 400 years of oppression goes away when a few token black people get money. World class pendejos

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Killeonidas
How do you tell the difference between regular farts and racist farts?
Do you have a specially calibrated nose?
Is it a hobby or full time occupation?

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I'm showing the number I provided earlier.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So SA has 38,000 black millionaires and the US has 1.5 million black millionaires.

SA has about 45 million blacks
US has about 40 million blacks

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Pretty sure the source I gave was assets only without owner occupied real estate.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Listen, Queenie, the Original Poster didn't ask who had a longer history of slavery, he asked what countries may have more successful black citizens. I gave him one; South Africa. Which you're geographically-challenged ass thinks is a continent.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I wonder where most would-be immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa would choose to live if given the choice: South Africa, or the United States? I’m sure it would be a tough decision for most of them.

The 2.8 million African immigrants in America have done pretty darn well, especially Nigerians, who hold more graduate degrees per capita than any other ethnic group.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Pretty sure the source I gave was assets only without owner occupied real estate.

I just took your number and then figured 8% of 18.6 million millionaires in the US that have 1 million or more in savings of some kind to not include real estate.

Maybe 10 million in assets would be a better number to use. SA has about 2000 that have 10 or more million. I'm sure there is much more than 2000 black multimillionaires in the US.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

You know what? You should poll them. Take your time and make sure you ask each one.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm showing your 18.5 number is not accurate.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That doesn’t distinguish between white and black millionaires in South Africa.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm showing your 18.5 number is not accurate.

That would be still close to 700k black millionaires to your 40k. But it really is more about quality of life for all blacks in this case. SA is not a very good place to live these days, and that is a understatement...lol
edit on 25-6-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Listen, Queenie, the Original Poster didn't ask who had a longer history of slavery, he asked what countries may have more successful black citizens. I gave him one; South Africa. Which you're geographically-challenged ass thinks is a continent.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I wonder where most would-be immigrants from sub-Saharan Africa would choose to live if given the choice: South Africa, or the United States? I’m sure it would be a tough decision for most of them.

The 2.8 million African immigrants in America have done pretty darn well, especially Nigerians, who hold more graduate degrees per capita than any other ethnic group.

Very true statement. I'm on the East Coast and I see it every year all across the counties, of black graduates, a distinctly higher percentage of Africans are comprised within that group. It warrants discussion.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I'll see if I can locate another source.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I'm finding that your estimation is not correct. It appears hard numbers on exact amounts are not easily accessible, as I just replied to the poster above, I'm looking for more info.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yes, which is all millionaires in a country, not black millionaires.
The last count of black millionaires that I found, and linked is 17,000 - or about half the rate per capita as in the USA.
Anyway, it's the more broad standard of living across the entire community that is more important.

To be honest I don't know what is so controversial about the point (well fact really) that America provides more opportunity to black people than anywhere else in the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join