It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sick of hearing yugo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I cant take it anymore. Its doesnt evan exhist anymore. At school I always find some old globe or map thats still in the room that sais yugoslavia and evan USSR on it. How much does a dam map and globe cost? Its just so frustrating. Then at school today there was something about Europe I dont know i wasnt paying attention and this dam kid said yugoslavia really quickly. Whenever I hear someone say that I want to kick the S out of them. I mean after all the suffering and genocide on my people it gets me so mad. Dont they know what happened? It doesnt evan effing exhist anymore! Next time I hear someone say yugoslavia and it not be about history then im gonna

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree with you croat!!!! I love your country.
Yes I will go to your chat tonight k?
Shay
Thanks again..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shai_lene
I agree with you croat!!!! I love your country.
Yes I will go to your chat tonight k?
Shay
Thanks again..

No prob Shai lene. You should come visit me there sometime.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
..lol .....maybe ..someday I will..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

..lol .....maybe ..someday I will..

I feel less angry now. Thank you Shai lene!:w:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I like yellow popscicles and yugo was always yellow on the map so I don't see anything wrong with that...wait

beer is yellow too!!

[edit on 14-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You're welcome but only if my other half lets me visit....then I will...
Shay

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You're welcome but only if my other half lets me visit....then I will...
Shay

lol youd better hurry all the plane tickets are being bought!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Oh no, I don't think it will be soon then.......lol

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hmmm:

Alot to be said about Yugoslavia, no ethnic cleansing, no genocide etc etc. I actually lived in Skopje for 3 years 1976-1979. Went to school, was a Tito Pioneer believe it or not.

Regardless, many maps have not been updated so have a little patients.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Hmmm:

Alot to be said about Yugoslavia, no ethnic cleansing, no genocide etc etc. I actually lived in Skopje for 3 years 1976-1979. Went to school, was a Tito Pioneer believe it or not.

Regardless, many maps have not been updated so have a little patients.

Tito was a crazy messed up idiot. We're all glad he's dead.
Makes me sad when I think about the worst genocide thats not evan mentioned in history books. No mention of concentration camps, sniping children on the streets and through windows. Takin people out of hospitals and shooting them there on the street. Makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Croat56, I totaly understand what you mean.
I am sick of it too.
My family suffered a lot under Tito's rule (they were against comunism), I am glad yugoslavia is history and I HATE being called yugo.

Yugoslavia worked as an illusion of idealistic society. It all looked shiny and happy on surface, but it was very rotten inside. A lot of people suffered under Tito's "idealism". I hope he is burning in hell right now.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Croat56, I totaly understand what you mean.
I am sick of it too.
My family suffered a lot under Tito's rule (they were against comunism), I am glad yugoslavia is history and I HATE being called yugo.

Yugoslavia worked as an illusion of idealistic society. It all looked shiny and happy on surface, but it was very rotten inside. A lot of people suffered under Tito's "idealism". I hope he is burning in hell right now.

Exactly we suffered so much. My family was cought when they tried to escape and were thrown in jail! Poor baba and mama.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

This just makes me more mad
He didnt evan do anything wrong.

All the bad stuff said about hm isnt true.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
It is to bad that people just dont know or care about the truth anymore.
Or even just updateing the history books.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maninblack
It is to bad that people just dont know or care about the truth anymore.
Or even just updateing the history books.

Thats what im sayin. Im sick of looking at a globe from 20 years ago. Things have changed since then

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There are alot of countries like that,,,,

Serbia, Hungary, Yugo and Georgia (not the state for ya'll rednecks)
to name a few have the wrong names on maps

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
school's put profits before education. It is so obvious. There are so many kids these days, the only way to help prevent millions more of crimes, complaints ect, the government's made a school system that is about the same as daycare, with education to please the parents. and, school boards are basiclly parts of a company, so if they want to get a profit, they find more and more ways to not spend money. Like, now, most schools make it apparent that all supplies are to be supplied by parents, which can end up costing 100s of dollars (all the brand name school supplies that everyone wants, the "Back to school" camera sales.)

Another way to cut down costs, they dont bother getting better education material. Like you were stating, not supplying every class with an up to date map.

The world is now about making money, and education is feeling the bite.

top topics

join