It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Republican Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyinHeadlock
Diversity is not a good thing. I'm not taking about race either. Have to have a common set of pillars a society honors. Morality, justice, language, respect and the most important; rule of law.

Community is a good thing for most people. And within the community there will be diversity because we're not robots, but people. Do you think tolerance of at least some degree of diversity is a good thing? Live it or live with it? Or do you think that unless everyone strictly conforms they should be removed - exiled or killed? Like if they don't go to church, or have an odd birthmark?

Because if you think the latter, I have an apocalyptic religious cult starting up you may be interested in. It'll be full of people exactly like you, and if anybody gets out of line, they'll be dealt with. For the good of the community, of course.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: network dude
are progressive northerners inherently less racist than conservative southerners?

Everyone's a racist, they just wont admit it.
The people aren't ready for that discussion 😐

Nope. People really don't like it when you do science on their hatred.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I think they are speaking in absolutes, which will not generally exist in humans. For example, a common set of pillars is that we agree to not murder, rape, etc. It is difficult to find people that would not agree with that, although rape is something that is a bit of an outlier, and likely relates as much to how humans are valued as anything.

But the point being, diversity (true diversity, not the spread of diversity found only within humanity) is not a good thing for an organized system. The more variables you have, the less order you can have.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's why you should take the Masonic approach.

Chipping, followed by internment, followed by processing.

Hmmmmm... now I'm worried... it's a Mason's wife who keeps our family's genealogy records for the DAR... maybe it's happened already and I just don't know!

The horror of it all!!!

Don't let anybody do your geneology but a Mormon. They're really meticulous and thorough, and as an added bonus all your ancestors get to be posthumously baptized as a Mormon. So you don't have to do it. Very convenient.
edit on 22-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
e.
Can I dispute any of that? No. Why would I. You have already clearly stated your complete dismissal of any and every thing associated with ''higher education''. So why would I bother? You, by your words '' University in my opinion, a degree in my opinion, a scholar in my opinion represents nothing of value, just a title with no prestige of note''

So as you point out, you have your opinion. PragerU has his. I"m not going to argue or discuss with you. That arguement could go on for ever. Discussing, in my opinion, is a dialogue with the intent of sharing varied perspectives with respect for other positions in the discussion, a respect that from your own admission would seem impossible to offer.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Any corrupt politician/official/business-person (from the world over) who stands to lose money or power by having the playing field leveled, will work to stop President Trump from being re-elected. This will become clearer as we get closer to the election.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Don't let anybody do your geneology but a Mormon. They're really meticulous and thorough...

Very good advice... but in my case, this is my mother's cousin, and she's been keeping these records since before I was even a twinkle in my daddy's eye... handed down from her own mother... so she already had the records.

...and as an added bonus all your ancestors get to be posthumously baptized as a Mormon. So you don't have to do it. Very convenient.

Maybe... maybe not... our name's already mud with Mormons! When my Mormon grandfather died young, my non-Mormon grandmother refused to turn my dad over to them, all manner of chaos ensured, but Dad stayed with his mother, and we're tainted forevermore!!! At least that's how the story goes...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
But the point being, diversity (true diversity, not the spread of diversity found only within humanity) is not a good thing for an organized system. The more variables you have, the less order you can have.

It's a lot like genetics, IMHO. If a group is full of members (or cells) that are completely identical they quickly inbreed and mutate. That's why most thoroughbred animals have high numbers of significantly damaged individuals, which are most often destroyed at birth. Not only are valuable traits carried along, but so are the flaws, which become amplified over multiple generations. One of the worst is lower intelligence. You want a smart dog? Get a mutt. And lower intelligence means that any good ideas that might actually help the group are lost or destroyed in favor of maintaining the status quo.

The best kind of society then would be one where just the right amount of diversity is not only tolerated but encouraged as a way to improve the overall group without destroying it (like a cancer). That's why the US was created to try and avoid the "tyranny of the majority" where everything stagnates to the point it either generates cancer internally or is becomes vulnerable to destruction by stronger outside forces. This is what Hitler got wrong. Cultural and racial flexibility is more important than purity and uniformity because of the need for adaptation to unforeseeable variables.

The question is, what is the proper amount of diversity allowable before it's necessary to divide and create a new community (or species or country or religion) for the benefit of both? That's what the debate/fighting is about.

But you gotta watch out. Because you may think you're an upstanding person in your community who believes and follows all the rules and laws and mores of your group, but upon closer scrutiny it could easily be determined that YOU are an unacceptable deviant. Then you'll really be in deep #.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes, I claimed that what she presented was half truth. This does not mean, from my understanding of the term, that what she said was only half true, that is half true and the other half not true. To me, half truth means what is presented is true but only half of the story, the other half being omitted and not presenting the '' whole truth''.

From what I can see around here there is a strong assumption that the Democrat Party of today is the same as the Democrat Party of a hundred and fifty years ago. Or a hundred years ago or even fifty years ago. I also, as demonstrated by at least a couple of comments early on, find that the idea that parties morph and change over time is easily dismissed.

It's easier to believe that Dems bad than is is Dems good and bad. Same goes for the Repubs. But we are talking about the Dems here, right?

Wrong. What I am talking about is that yes indeed, both those parties morph and that the ''label'' of the mindsets of those who hide under them gravitate to which ever label suits their desires. Racists will hide under any label that will accept them. This goes for the Republican Party as well. Neither party is monolithic.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Maybe... maybe not... our name's already mud with Mormons! When my Mormon grandfather died young, my non-Mormon grandmother refused to turn my dad over to them, all manner of chaos ensured, but Dad stayed with his mother, and we're tainted forevermore!!! At least that's how the story goes...

Then I guess they'll have to wait another generation to get him. They'll "win" in the end as far as they're concerned, as long as they get it done before the end of the world. They're patient and have the time and money to do it.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Sounds like a personal issue, if you had a problem with the clip, just say it, don't beat around the bush and dismiss it as half truths because of how you personally view things.

Ever heard of Netiquette? It's how you carry yourself in the online space, but in accordance with the society, culture and jargon of the online space. In that what you personally percieved isn't immediately seen or observed, how can we? In this domain, we're but points of light introducing, disputing, culling, updating and citing information.

In other words, you have to carry yourself in that manner.

So when your issue stems from something deeper, express it, don't dismiss it, if you say half truths, it's on the ONUS to explain why and what.

I don't have an issue with your ideology, you do you, it's how you interact and try to shrug it off when faced with real merits in an educated video, which no one has disputed.
edit on 22-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Just making it clear to all and sundry that most modern universities have no claim to anything relevant to education.
That PragerU May indeed be a shopfront to nothing more than a propaganda factory but as I see it, as are most other universities

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Then yourselves, satan ain’t going to stop till every human being is dead, you will eat your own, guaranteed

LOL'ing at Satan. I'll worry about Satan about the same time I start worrying about other fairy tales like the Easter Bunny.

You and me both, my brother.

Back when I was playing in a band that utilized a lot of Satanic imagery, I had a not-so-friendly looking goat’s head with an upside down star behind it tattooed on my forearm. I then had the words “Man Made” written across the top of it. While I’m not so fond of this tat these days, I sometimes enjoy the double-reaction to people, first, seeing it and then the other reaction when I tell them Mr. Cifer is a crock of sh!t.

That time period also spawned my username, which the majority of my friends in South Florida still refer to me by in person. For a week it was Druselem, which we all got a chuckle out of and then my buddy pulled Drucifer out of his ass and it stuck. Not to his ass, just in my name.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Hail you!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

are progressive northerners inherently less racist than conservative southerners?

Everyone's a racist, they just wont admit it.
The people aren't ready for that discussion 😐

Too bad, because it's true.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

My mom is a pretty devout Christian. Her and I have had discussions that have shaken her faith, which I didn't want to have happen. But one of the main things that caused her pause was the fact that the Church of Satan embodies more Christian ideals than just about any Christian church.

Its hard for her. But the world has really laid bare the truth for anyone willing to see it.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

My mom is a pretty devout Christian. Her and I have had discussions that have shaken her faith, which I didn't want to have happen. But one of the main things that caused her pause was the fact that the Church of Satan embodies more Christian ideals than just about any Christian church.

Its hard for her. But the world has really laid bare the truth for anyone willing to see it.

Funny, I did the same thing to my (then) wife. She's an Evangelical. When I revealed it was the Church of Satan it did not go over well. It actually confirmed to her that I am an evil satan lover, even though I do not believe in the Church of Satan. It was truly sad to witness her mental breakdown over this.
edit on 22-6-2020 by testing123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Democratic Party Platform 1856

Highlights

1. Call for limited Federal Government

2. States Rights

3. Federal Government only has those powers EXPRESSLY given in the Constitution (no mucking about with Slavery, Yankees.)

Republican Party Platform 1856

1. Massive Public Works projects should be created by the Federal Government (Transcontinental Railroad, Improvements of rivers and harbors)

2. Civil Rights Overweigh States Rights (No Slavery in the Territories)

3. Congress has sole sovereignty over all Federal lands and territories.

Now, which party sounds the most like which party in 2020? Be honest.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Let me help you. Forget parties and answer these questions.

Which demographic mostly supported the Republican Party in the past, Progressive Northerners or Conservative Southerners?

Which group mostly supports them now?

As someone who grew up in a progressive northern area and later lived in a conservative southern area, I'd have to say no. If anything it's the other way around. I saw more racism growing up than I ever saw when I lived in the south as an adult. And as a kid you're not even that attuned to looking for it.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Like I said earlier that most just ignored, Progressive Northerners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join