It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inconvenient Truth About the Republican Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yep. Meanwhile the black KKK marches through streets ripping down anything they don't like and beating anyone who doesn't think like them.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Everyone's a racist, they just wont admit it.

You got me...

I'm pretty darn disgusted with the WHOLE HUMAN RACE these days!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Given todays politics I would vote ABD.
Anyone but Democrat.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

That's why you should take the Masonic approach.

Chipping, followed by internment, followed by processing.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hmmmmm... now I'm worried... it's a Mason's wife who keeps our family's genealogy records for the DAR... maybe it's happened already and I just don't know!

The horror of it all!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Carol Swan is a well spoken spokesperson. She presents herself well and if we are to believe the biography, a woman who has done well for here self in life. And now it seems she is a spokeswoman for Prager University. Nice.

One might suppose that she is a tenured academic there, maybe a department head or some such prestigious position. I sure did. One thing I thought though when watching this well produced video was ''gee all that she is saying is true, but somehow it all sounded like it was a half truth. There was no in depth recitation of the fluctuating majorities in either party over the last hundred and fifty years. No recitation on the general state of racism across the board, it was just kept to pointing out the goodness of the Republican Party and the badness of the Democrats.

That has a familiar ring to it. This is, from reading threads here on ATS , now seems to be a regular talking point of those who would dismiss the the Democrat Party as demonic and the Republican Party real good guys.

But those half truths in her presentation were interesting.

So I looked up Prager University, the sponsor of the video. I did this because at the end of the video, You Tube automatically brought up a whole page of other videos that Prager University has published for You Tube.

What I found was that Prager University is not a university at all but rather a a right wing propaganda machine...

Updated January 2020
PragerU, short for Prager University, is an American non-profit organization that creates videos on various political, economic, and philosophical topics from an American conservative or right-wing perspective. The organization was co-founded by talk show host[ and writer Dennis Prager and Allen Estrin.[1][2] The videos are posted on YouTube and usually feature a speaker who lectures for about five minutes.[3][4] The organization relies on donations, and much of its early funding came from fracking billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks.[2][4]

PragerU is not a university or academic institution.[5][4] It does not hold classes, does not grant certifications or diplomas, and is not accredited by any recognized body.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

So this propaganda outlet is not a university at all. It has chosen to use the term ''university'' to impress the unwary into the belief that they are not what they are, a propaganda machine.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just to note, "chipping" is known as "crisping" in the UK.

We are an international site after all.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just to note, "chipping" is known as "crisping" in the UK.

We are an international site after all.

The results are still deliciously the same.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Much of the information is true, vetted and reported.

You said "Half Truths", can you dispute any part of the video as "half truths"?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Much of the information is true, vetted and reported.

You said "Half Truths", can you dispute any part of the video as "half truths"?

Yes he can by merely sticking his fingers in his ears and uttering “La La La”

Facts to Liberals is like the cross to a vampire.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

does the kkk allow black people to join?

blm does allow white people to join
edit on 22-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Come on Arnie, you are a smart guy ain't ya? Half truth? Half truth is half truth, not full truth, not part lies to be disputed but rather truth only as far as it goes.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Then yourselves, satan ain’t going to stop till every human being is dead, you will eat your own, guaranteed

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I enjoyed your singing Razor. So,can YOU dispute the nature of the source of that video? And you dispute that it is not a university ? Can you dispute that it is an''opinion outlet'' for a well known conservative talking head? Can you dispute that it has taken the name ''University'' to give itself a more prodigious presentation as I suggested?

If you are serious here, did you notice how did not dispute what that woman was saying? I did not. What I said was ''yes'' what she was saying was true, but only part of the truth.

So, that's the ''fact'' of my reply Razor. Dispute that.

Better yet, how would you define ''half truth''?
edit on 30America/ChicagoMon, 22 Jun 2020 11:12:12 -0500Mon, 22 Jun 2020 11:12:12 -050020062020-06-22T11:12:12-05:001100000012 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: 727Sky

The Republican party is, for now, the lesser of 2 evils. Its become a place where Libertarians find a voice, which has moderated the party to a large degree.

The Republican party of 2004 was hot garbage.

This is my current view too especially within this last year. I have voted dem my entire life exception being 2016 when I went third party. When your in the cult of political party's you are taught the other side is evil that is why Im happy to be an independent. Right now its so clear to me the democrats at this point are the greater of two evils so I am willing to vote a republican ticket that doesn't mean I'm joining their team and the political cult around them . They just strategically seem to be the best thing going since the democrats have seemed to embrace the radical left and I can not stomach that garbage. Ideally I would like to see the democratic party collapse and be replaced by a strong Libertarian party to rival the republicans. I don't think they would agree on everything but they would agree on enough things to compromise with each other way more then the current democratic and republican party's do. They are too polarized at this point to offer any compromise.
edit on 22-6-2020 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

So what were the half truths

Irrespective re Praeger U, I don’t rate half of the crap going on in the education systems these days as valid or truthful. I don’t rate the intelligence of those coming from government run funded universities, don’t buy into the crap I hear from people being educated by those people you are espousing as “better”
Education is at a loss

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: RazorV66

Can you dispute that it is an''opinion outlet'' for a well known conservative talking head? Can you dispute that it has taken the name ''University'' to give itself a more prodigious presentation as I suggested?

Can you dispute that state run, private universities are leftist propaganda shills?
Education levels are abysmal?
Professors and other educators have an agenda?
Society is collapsing?

University in my opinion, a degree in my opinion, a scholar in my opinion represents nothing of value, just a title with no prestige of note.

Universities have devalued education, disagree?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Then yourselves, satan ain’t going to stop till every human being is dead, you will eat your own, guaranteed

LOL'ing at Satan. I'll worry about Satan about the same time I start worrying about other fairy tales like the Easter Bunny.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Arnie123

Come on Arnie, you are a smart guy ain't ya? Half truth? Half truth is half truth, not full truth, not part lies to be disputed but rather truth only as far as it goes.

That's a very nice deflection, however that didn't answer my question, you said there were half truths in that video, so I'm asking, what did you dispute in that video?

If you make a claim, its on the ONUS of you to back it up, or were just simply reacting because, "Politics Muah".

Perhaps, in my opinion, PragerU did an incredible job outlining the infomation so profoundly, you found yourself agreeing, but realized this might be too good to be true, so you looked at its source and dismissed it and tried to rationalize it as half truths and propaganda.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Recognizing that PragerU is not a university but rather an ''opinion'' outlet given the title ''University'' by the owner of the site, likely to enhance the perceived credibility of the outlet, is not an endorsement of other established universities.

Reading my post again Mr. Man, I did not find any espousing of other people as '' better. That, I think was read into your understanding by your own above stated beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join