It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Today: Democrats wearing slave trader cloth is okay because of cultural significance

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Native Americans were also slave traders during the early days of America.

I am sure the 1619 toilet paper leaves that out as well.
edit on 22-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So then the obvious solution to make a liberal head explode is to wear a single kente cloth with Confederate flag embedded in the middle. The fact that both represent one of two sides of the slave trade while both have other cultural significance will cause a logic fail.

I'm sure the fall back defense would be "well done was black and then other white". When they are reminded of the racist Democrats who fought to keep slavery, the reeeeee will commence.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Broader cultural significance like, maybe, states rights? I've always wondered why people hated the South for buying slaves that were captured and sold by Africa, after Africa offered those slaves.

Haven't you noticed slavery's only bad if white people are the slavers.

-African slave trade. No problem
-Middle eastern slave trade A. Ok
-Modern day near slavery in many countries. Well people need their shiny things and fancy clothes

-American slavery. Every white person needs to feel perpetually guilty for their continued existence, whether they're american or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

When will BLM and their supports get over it ?

I can't answer that.

You will need to get the answer from BLM.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

It was a rhetorical question.

As long as it keep raising their masters millions..

It's never going to end.
edit on 22-6-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It was a rhetorical question.

As long as it keep raising their masters millions.

It's never going to end.

I think BLM also have other issues apart from historical slavery.

They have just joined the dots.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Other issues ?

Getting Bad Orange man out is their rason d'etre.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Other issues ?

Getting Bad Orange man out is their rason d'etre.

That is included of course.

The police shootings and killings of African-Americans are obviously a major issue.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I’d LOVE to see Pelosi sit down with someone active in the BLM movement and explain this. Then sit down with someone who has been held up to the court of public regarding a confederate flag and explain this.

While the southern cross doesn’t evoke an emotion from me, I can understand that it does for many and I don’t mind being sympathetic to that.

After spending some time reading through comments in protest videos, there’s an definite shift in people discussing the ineffectiveness of the 2-party system. There’s also many black people trying to stress the point that the Democratic Party is using them. I can only hope that we’re witnessing the downfall of this 2-party system.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No it isn't.

Attacking minority small business owners,destroying private and public property, getting rid of the cops,murdering BLACK cops,burning churches, attacking the White House.

Tells everyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty this snip isn't about race at all.

It's about taking back power, and using any means to accomplish it.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No it isn't.

For BLM it is.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: network dude

If you're trying to be clever at least get your facts correct.

Portugal and Britain were the two most ‘successful’ slave-trading countries accounting
for about 70% of all Africans transported to the Americas. Britain was the most
dominant between 1640 and 1807 when the British slave trade was abolished. It is
estimated that Britain transported 3.1 million Africans (of whom 2.7 million arrived) to
the British colonies in the Caribbean, North and South America and to other countries.

www.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

facts. Yes, let us get them straight.

Please point out where i have actually stated that Britain was not involved in The Slave Trade.

We all know we where,as where American Slave Traders after 1776.

No one comes out " whiter than white " who was involved in the evils of slave trading.

you just omitted that part. But were happy to pile on the Scots part in order to have an issue with their kilts.

Shall we have some actual facts.

The English banned the wearing of The Kilt in 1746.

The Scots where in the business of buying and selling of slaves long before that date. When wearing The Kilt was legal.

I think at this point we all know that times and mindsets were vastly different back then. And I doubt you have the ability to do the maths on this, but the point some of us continue to attempt to make is that today we do think vastly different and to judge a man from that time by today's standards will almost always lead to a negative conclusion.

obfuscation won't help with facts, it just points to your true motive.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Ignorance of the PC Laws is no excuse.
Pelosi, Schumer et al = Racist

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But were happy to pile on the Scots part in order to have an issue with their kilts

Actually No I was pointing out The Scots and The Kilt.

By the late 1700s, one third of Jamaican plantations were owned by Scots. Some Scots liked to dress their slaves in their clan tartan. In 1790, the combined worth of exports and imports between the West Indies and Scotland totalled at least £50 million in today’s currenc

www.nts.org.uk...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: face23785

One of my favorites is how the UK pretends they're better than us

The British don't go around spouting off that " We are the greatest country in the world ", which appears to be an American trait.

I've lived in the UK. They're just as arrogant about their country as Americans are.

100 per cent agree.

That wasn't meant as a knock, either. The UK is a great country. Sadly both it and America have been going downhill lately. Still, I enjoyed being there, even though this was mid-00s when anti-American sentiment in Europe was still fairly high because of the Iraq War.

The anger Brits had toward us was somewhat puzzling, since ya'lls intel agencies told you the same thing ours told us, and that was why you went in on the war with us. It's not like we forced you into the war at gunpoint. But after watching your media for a few years, I understood why. Lots of anti-American slant in the BBC and the like, just like most of our media.

Still, I was proud to serve alongside my British allies. Good people.
edit on 22 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

So then the obvious solution to make a liberal head explode is to wear a single kente cloth with Confederate flag embedded in the middle. The fact that both represent one of two sides of the slave trade while both have other cultural significance will cause a logic fail.

I'm sure the fall back defense would be "well done was black and then other white". When they are reminded of the racist Democrats who fought to keep slavery, the reeeeee will commence.

You can't cause a "logic fail" in people who have no logic to begin with.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
To the OPs image of all those people kneeling. I am reminded of the the quote by that Mexican guy (what's his name)...

"I'd rather die on my feet, than live on my knees".

I am also reminded of the masses cracking out Nazi salutes everytime somone mentioned Hitler, or saw a fellow Nazi, as in Jo Jo Rabbit.

edit on 22/6/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I can't answer that.

Looks like the POPE is apologizing to the BLM.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I can't answer that.

Looks like the POPE is apologizing to the BLM.

twitter.com...

Considering the Vatican's long history of atrocities, I think he should sit this one out.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

BLM is a wing of the DNC (with the proof being where the money donated to BLM goes). Its a PAC for the DNC, nothing more. What the BLM says is political propaganda.

Many of its followers may have ideas of their own, but they are manipulated at this point and I am not sure where to even begin. One thing I know is that when the statistics do not match the rhetoric, i will not align my viewpoints with what is not truthful.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join