It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eskimo Pie no more. Ice cream owners will drop ‘derogatory’ name

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think the Vikings are cool with having a football team named after them. However, the Raiders might want to change their name to the Counterinsurgents.

The scumbag POS team should be called the Carpet Baggers for the amount of times they've moved around.

Anyone who buys season tickets for the Raiders is an idiot who likes being abused by a football team.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think the Vikings are cool with having a football team named after them. However, the Raiders might want to change their name to the Counterinsurgents.

The scumbag POS team should be called the Carpet Baggers for the amount of times they've moved around.

Anyone who buys season tickets for the Raiders is an idiot who likes being abused by a football team.

The baseball Los Angeles Dodgers started out as the Brooklyn Tolley Dodgers, so maybe the Carpet Baggers could just be called the "Baggers."

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The baseball Los Angeles Dodgers started out as the Brooklyn Tolley Dodgers, so maybe the Carpet Baggers could just be called the "Baggers."

I'm all for renaming the Boston team the Beaneaters.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Chance321
a reply to: 99problems99

Were well past the crazy mark here. So is it PC in the winter to have a white out? How about black ice? Can we still call a power outage a black out?

Nope, being changed to ‘jerry ice’ and ‘jerry out’. Sorry for all the years of confusion.

Insensitive to persons of Teutonic heritage.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
They're Inuits. NOT ESKIMOS! Deal with it. All the outrage here over changing a derogatory name for an icecream bar, is worse than the "lefties" you're all sooking about.... Honestly, this isn't about lefties, it's about cleaning up our cr@ppy use of language anmd fixing up some of the cr@p historical things we've done. Get over it, the world is changing.

Insensitive to persons with left-handedness.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Eskimo is the n word for those people. And always has been.

I can't believe so many people don't know that.

We haven't had the cancel culture around long enough to let us know...

So when you say "those people", who are you talking about, Eskimos? Because I don't know what else to call them.

Inuits.

It was the inuit themselves that let us know way back in 1977.

the term Eskimo to denote Inuit and understood it to mean “eaters of raw meat.” This use was a catalyst for change in the 1970s. In 1977, Inuit met in Barrow, Alaska, for the first Inuit Circumpolar Conference. Delegates from the United States, Canada and Greenland formed the Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC). The ICC Charter, signed in 1980, defined the Inuit as “indigenous members of the Inuit homeland recognized by Inuit as being members of their people and shall include the Inupiat, Yupik (Alaska), Inuit, Inuvialuit (Canada), Kalaallit (Greenland) and Yupik (Russia).” In defining Inuit as such, they rejected the use of the term Eskimo.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They rejected it. They don't own it. Take the Inuit looking person off the packaging and make up something else to go with it. Problem solved.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: scraedtosleep

They rejected it. They don't own it. Take the Inuit looking person off the packaging and make up something else to go with it. Problem solved.

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yea. After taking the Inuit off the label, they can just call it "Raw Meat Eaters Pie".
Then they would only be offending the vegans.
edit on 25-6-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

This nonsense is like showing card tricks to my dog

now carry on with your semantics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join