It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eskimo Pie no more. Ice cream owners will drop ‘derogatory’ name

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Maybe that was a good thing?

Stop making it into something and it won't be anything. However, they should consider that now that sushi is a thing, most everyone eats raw meat.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
the should call it "su-they'
edit on 00000061028610America/Chicago22 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
the should call it "su-they'

Post of the day!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
this thread is probably sexist too.

I’m sure by the time CNN gets done with it, it will be.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
This is a bandwagon jump for the company. All of one woman spoke up about the name being offensive-

thehill.com...

originally posted by: Chance321
I heard that rice krispies: Snap, Krackle and Pop are heading for the chopping black, they were deemed racist. Suppose the Keebler Elf will be soon.
pjmedia.com...

How dare you bring up the Elf race in jest? Are they a joke to you? Just some funny looking people born to make cookies and toys? Disgusting.

LOL! I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Putting it out there. Both the crappy Indians and equally crappy Redskins will be forced to change their names causing Yankees and Giants fans to howl with laughter at them.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So is Hawaiian Ice and Hawaiian Punch on the chopping block?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

im with you people should flip those names and make them their own.

Like rappers did with the n word.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

is hawaiian considered a derogatory word to those people?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

When did Eskimo even become a derogatory term? This as stupid as not being able to call a midget a midget because it's considered derogatory. I'd think the term was better than "little person".

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Does it matter?

The Cancel Culture is running out of product to be offended by. Besides, some tubes were upset over renaming conventions in the name of Political Correctness. Like the Miami tribe was when it went from Miami Redskins to Miami RedHawks. Rumor has it that the movie PCU was made about it and there was a scene of a large red outdoor sculpture that is on Miami’s campus...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

He's not the one you should be asking...

It's always the same with you people. Someone screams and cries and pisses and moans to change a name they're dumbfoundedly offended by, someone asks why the name should be changed, you come along and ask why HE cares so much. Come on, dude.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Eskimo is the n word for those people. And always has been.

I can't believe so many people don't know that.

We haven't had the cancel culture around long enough to let us know...

So when you say "those people", who are you talking about, Eskimos? Because I don't know what else to call them.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
All this outcry and no one has said anything about Oreos and the generic term Cracker...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
They're Inuits. NOT ESKIMOS! Deal with it. All the outrage here over changing a derogatory name for an icecream bar, is worse than the "lefties" you're all sooking about.... Honestly, this isn't about lefties, it's about cleaning up our cr@ppy use of language anmd fixing up some of the cr@p historical things we've done. Get over it, the world is changing.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: homerJ
They're Inuits. NOT ESKIMOS! Deal with it. All the outrage here over changing a derogatory name for an icecream bar, is worse than the "lefties" you're all sooking about.... Honestly, this isn't about lefties, it's about cleaning up our cr@ppy use of language anmd fixing up some of the cr@p historical things we've done. Get over it, the world is changing.

They did deal with with it, back during the marketing meetings. I'm sure that 'Inuit Pie' tested a lot lower with the audience than 'Eskimo Pie.' Sheesh. Some people have no clue about a catch phrase...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm seriously worried now about what might happen to my favorite snack food, Honkey Bites.

WTF? That’s a messed up thing to say.

Wait until they get to the racist Saltine crackers.

Saltine Crackers should have been discontinued decades ago. They have so little flavor, they actually kill the taste of whatever you put on them. As if their flavor is a negative value!

I wonder if some of this is just the brand owners seizing the opportunity to re-launch sub-par brands. I mean, Uncle Ben's rice is just about the worst rice you could ever find. Aunt Jemima rates below frozen waffles you put in the toaster, in my book. And to be honest, the best pancake syrup out there actually comes from McDonalds! It manages to be sweet, without being overwhelmingly sweet like most pancake syrups are.

As for Eskimo Pie, let's face it: If you want a chocolate-covered ice cream treat, you go get a Klondike Bar.

You said dike, DOX HIM!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: 99problems99

When did Eskimo even become a derogatory term? This as stupid as not being able to call a midget a midget because it's considered derogatory. I'd think the term was better than "little person".

How does 'Vertically Challenged' sound, is that any better?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Putting it out there. Both the crappy Indians and equally crappy Redskins will be forced to change their names causing Yankees and Giants fans to howl with laughter at them.

I think the Vikings are cool with having a football team named after them. However, the Raiders might want to change their name to the Counterinsurgents.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
So is Hawaiian Ice and Hawaiian Punch on the chopping block?

They can call it "Howlie Punch."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join