It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eskimo Pie no more. Ice cream owners will drop ‘derogatory’ name

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Haven't you heard? Being (whisper) white is baaaad. So of course Snap, Krackle and Pop have to go, no diversity.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's just a brand of ice cream. Who cares if they change their name. Native Americans have been treated terribly, I wish I knew more about their history.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Eskimo pies are great, so are the klondike bars. Now why would anyone want to have a name like that removed from the bars, if the bars sucked, that would be a very different thing.

I am 1.7 percent Eskimo/Inuit now according to my heritage genetics, I think I should be able to eat Eskimo pies. Maybe it should just be that you have to be Eskimo to buy the bars. I actually like Uncle Ben's rice too, it sucks.

What is happening to our society when you cannot buy anything that might be racist. Like Coronal Sanders.....He is white so they must take his picture off of the signs and the boxes.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321
I heard that rice krispies: Snap, Krackle and Pop are heading for the chopping black, they were deemed racist. Suppose the Keebler Elf will be soon.
pjmedia.com...

But Coco Pops will still be on the shelves, feeling like they've been offended in some way.

Next it'll Snap, Krackle and Pop on the front of the box - kneeling down.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's hard to believe that the Eskimos complained about this. Isn't Eskimo the language they speak?

It's the Pie part that always bothered me, as I always get it mixed up with that other soggy bread ice cream bar.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Did it occur to anyone that maybe your addiction to consumerism as an American has you so outragged for a brand that is changing it's name and/or logo? This happens all the time with branding, and the motivation could be anything, but always has it's root in sales.

Dreyers HAS to sell ice cream at the end of the day. Their portfolio of product is so huge, people crying about this sounds like they need a bowl of ice cream.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Did it occur to anyone that maybe your addiction to consumerism as an American has you so outragged for a brand that is changing it's name and/or logo? This happens all the time with branding, and the motivation could be anything, but always has it's root in sales.

Dreyers HAS to sell ice cream at the end of the day. Their portfolio of product is so huge, people crying about this sounds like they need a bowl of ice cream.

No, what has us out ragged is we're getting sick of being told by rioters/looters/media that whatever we say, do, watch, read, ect is (gasp) racist. We're sick of these thugs trying to erase our history by tearing down monuments. History is to be learned from not erased. No, it's not consumerism that has us out "outraged".

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm seriously worried now about what might happen to my favorite snack food, Honkey Bites.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I'm seriously worried now about what might happen to my favorite snack food, Honkey Bites.

WTF? That’s a messed up thing to say.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Cancel it all and let it burn. Everything is offensive to snowflakes. I say we ban all human images from any advertising, no Italians on any cans of spaghetti sauce, no Mexicans on any cans of refried beans, no chinese on any bottles of soy sauce, no germans on a can of beer, sorry St.Pauli Girl RIP

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Wait until they get to the racist Saltine crackers.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I prefer English muffin.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

Saltine Crackers should have been discontinued decades ago. They have so little flavor, they actually kill the taste of whatever you put on them. As if their flavor is a negative value!

I wonder if some of this is just the brand owners seizing the opportunity to re-launch sub-par brands. I mean, Uncle Ben's rice is just about the worst rice you could ever find. Aunt Jemima rates below frozen waffles you put in the toaster, in my book. And to be honest, the best pancake syrup out there actually comes from McDonalds! It manages to be sweet, without being overwhelmingly sweet like most pancake syrups are.

As for Eskimo Pie, let's face it: If you want a chocolate-covered ice cream treat, you go get a Klondike Bar.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
It's hard to believe that the Eskimos complained about this. Isn't Eskimo the language they speak?

It's the Pie part that always bothered me, as I always get it mixed up with that other soggy bread ice cream bar.

FTR, "Inuit" became the preferred name 20+ years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
I prefer English muffin.

That’s racist isn’t it? IDK anymore.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I

I prefer English muffin.

I suppose "Inuit Icicles' would be cultural appropriation.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is a bandwagon jump for the company. All of one woman spoke up about the name being offensive-

thehill.com...

originally posted by: Chance321
I heard that rice krispies: Snap, Krackle and Pop are heading for the chopping black, they were deemed racist. Suppose the Keebler Elf will be soon.
pjmedia.com...

How dare you bring up the Elf race in jest? Are they a joke to you? Just some funny looking people born to make cookies and toys? Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I

I prefer English muffin.

I suppose "Inuit Icicles' would be cultural appropriation.

LOL, try it and in a matter of time it will be deemed ‘racist’ (somehow) too.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: panoz77

Saltine Crackers should have been discontinued decades ago. They have so little flavor, they actually kill the taste of whatever you put on them. As if their flavor is a negative value!

I wonder if some of this is just the brand owners seizing the opportunity to re-launch sub-par brands. I mean, Uncle Ben's rice is just about the worst rice you could ever find. Aunt Jemima rates below frozen waffles you put in the toaster, in my book. And to be honest, the best pancake syrup out there actually comes from McDonalds! It manages to be sweet, without being overwhelmingly sweet like most pancake syrups are.

As for Eskimo Pie, let's face it: If you want a chocolate-covered ice cream treat, you go get a Klondike Bar.

Saltines are great when you’re so hungover you can barely keep water down. That period of my life also coincided with all times I crushed them up and put them in a bowl of Ramen noodles.

As for syrup, the best stuff is in Vermont and Maine and isn’t as thick as the corn-syrup crap. It can be, depending on what kind you get, but IMO, the best stuff was a little clearer and not as thick as commercial stuff. For the same reason you dig McD’s, it’s sweet without feeling like your teeth are going to fall out.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
this thread is probably sexist too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join