It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-on-white violent crime much worse than I thought

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
So I am afraid to say you are completely wrong in saying the OP was wrong.

The OP was implying racial intention without reason.

I won't say wrong but I'll say...
Nah, I'll just say wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Bloodworth

A dominant claim I see from African-Americans who think they're being intellectual is that being white means you never have to be afraid because of the color of your skin or feel uncomfortable because of the color of their skin. Clearly, they have never thought to ask a white person about that or if they have, they haven't believed the answers they may have gotten because I have gone to places where I have felt uncomfortable or just plain unsafe/in danger because of the color of my skin. I worked at one for three years.

I think for many blacks it is a more a shell shock of being around a different culture. You have to remember that society by in large is still some what segregated. Throw in the class factor and it can be a real shock to the system.

I recall in the 80s getting bused to the rich white part of town when I was a kid as part of a desegregation program. It was a complete shock to me. I had been around white people before, but it was more in passing (a few white neighbors and whites were a minority at my previous schools).

Totally different vibe when you are the only black kid in the class. You can feel somewhat isolated.

I imagine white kids can feel the same way when they are a minority as well.

Over the years, I've found the trick is to find things you have in common with people and not focus on the things you don't. Also, don't be afraid to try new things or expose others to your culture.

When I got into the professional world, I was one of the only blacks at my firm. I never had a bagel, sushi, or some other kind of things until I got into that environment. Turned out I like them (particularly sushi). I also shared my love of hip hop and other things with colleagues and they got it.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ketsuko

Of course Black lives matter BECAUSE all lives matter.

If you -- or anyone -- don't have whatever it takes to think beyond the political and media hype to actually expand and expound on the many related factors and issues, that's not on me.
But why so very much more concern about black deaths than white deaths? There’s irrefutable proof from a highly credible source — the U.S. Department of Justice — that several times more whites are murdered by blacks each year than vice versa. And 50 percent more whites were killed by LEOs in 2019 (it was 100 percent in 2017). Aren’t our lives worth something? And aside from our lives, more than half a million of us are annually victims of violent crimes inflicted by blacks. Half a million. So why do blacks get all the sympathy? Why are their lives more precious?

I get the distinct impression the Left hates us, even though, strangely, most Leftists are white. I have no doubt they want us dead ASAP, especially old white men like me. If there was ever any doubt, BLM, the protests and riots made it crystal clear.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Why are their lives more precious?

They aren't!

They are statistically less precious.
That's the point.

When was the last time you thought about how white people feel with the po po?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Ah, that part I get, but I love trying news things like that. Take me to an Ethiopian restaurant and teach me how to use the little pancakes (forgive me for not knowing what they're properly called) to eat with my hands, and I'm all in for that. I don't even care who all else in is the place or what they look like. I've been wanting to find that experience for a long while.

Training with and rooming with the other sprinters in college was that sort of thing in a way. We all had our shared athletics to go on and worked out from there.

And there are differences, but I think it's a mistake to think that's all solely because of skin color in that instance. A group of folks of European descent don't behave the way we do because our skin is white anymore than African-Americans have their own cultural preferences because their skin isn't.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

How do you know the implications of the OP?

Meanwhile the claim made in the OP is true, black on white crime is far more prevalent.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Meanwhile the claim made in the OP is true, black on white crime is far more prevalent.

That isn't the claim!

The claim is that any interracial crime needs to have a racial component.
Sometimes people are robbed because they have money.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

So I ask you: Who are the true victims of racial injustice in America?

Wouldn't higher crime rates be an indicator of injustice?

Unless there is any implication of racial motivation behind these attacks, this doesn't help your argument.
Sounds like some serious justification on your part.
I mean really... your argument is: whites are horrid people who treat others bad so others are justified in criminal retaliation....

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: ketsuko

I forgot to respond to this:

Maybe eventually you'll see this is another matter similar to the trans movement in its intensity and aims...

Unless and until someone can definitively prove to me that there is something inherent in being Black that makes them violent criminals, then the problem is not race, but something else. Therefore, focusing on race and racial statistics only tells us there are external factors impacting on that demographic, and those are the factors which need to be addressed and resolved. Not race.
I most definitely do not think it’s something inherent in blacks. Nigerian Americans and immigrants do great here, so I don’t think the problem is bad genes.

As others have pointed out, the majority of the problems are caused by a small percentage of young, male African Americans raised and residing in poor inner city neighborhoods. I would bet must of them had or have dysfunctional family lives with few good male role models.

I have no idea how to correct this sad state of affairs. We can’t force people to become good parents, we can only punish them for being very bad ones.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

That isn't the claim!

The claim is that any interracial crime needs to have a racial component.
Sometimes people are robbed because they have money.

Title of OP

"Black-on-white violent crime much worse than I thought"

The data shows blacks are 47 times more likely to commit a violent crime against whites than vice versa.
He claims this shows whites a more of a victim of this sport of racial injustivce than blacks, whihc based on the data is true.

This does not mean every black on white violent crime is because of race. Why is the motivation important?

Should a victim of a violent crime feel better knowing they were just targeted fir a reason that doesnt involve their race?

I think you are reading in to things in the OP that i just dont see written.

Nonetheless, the data shows the claim in the op that black on white crime is worse than vice versa is true.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Wouldn't higher crime rates be an indicator of injustice?

Unless there is any implication of racial motivation behind these attacks, this doesn't help your argument.
Sounds like some serious justification on your part.
I mean really... your argument is: whites are horrid people who treat others bad so others are justified in criminal retaliation....

That's not my argument at all.

Are you too stupid to understand my point, or am I too stupid to understand yours?

edit on 23-6-2020 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
I focused on the last line...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Nonetheless, the data shows the claim in the op that black on white crime is worse than vice versa is true.

I don't disagree.

I just think we should look deeper into the reasons.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_UkharSometimes people are robbed because they have money.

and sometimes the robbers are massively disproportionately representative of one social group than another.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
and sometimes the robbers are massively disproportionately representative of one social group than another.

Absolutely!!!!

When was the last time a Prince stole a car.
Why aren't the rich out there picking pockets?

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Here’s a link to a U.S. DOJ report on 2018 violent crimes. www.bjs.gov...

The violent crimes researched in the study are rape or sexual assault, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault.

Go to Page 13, Table 14 for a breakdown of interracial violent crimes (not including homicide or nonnegligent manslaughter).

The table shows about 548,000 violent crimes committed by blacks against whites in 2018.

In contrast, about 60,000 violent crimes were committed by whites against blacks in 2018. That’s only 11 percent as many as blacks committed against whites.

LMAO you read that completely wrong and got so many stars and flags 🤣.

Victim........Race of offender (highest percentage)
White..........White
Black...........Black
Hispanic......Hispanic
Asian............White/Black/Asian

Side note, white supremacists always leave out the demographic population of the US when analyzing crime statistics.
edit on 23-6-2020 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

But why so very much more concern about black deaths than white deaths?

Hmmmm... Personally, I am no more or less concerned about Black deaths than White deaths or any other deaths. If you are asking why others are more concerned about Black deaths than White deaths, then there are probably countless reasons. In theory, it is because some people think that Black lives don't matter to others. In practice, it is because the feelings of the former can be propagandized and weaponized for political purposes.

There’s irrefutable proof from a highly credible source — the U.S. Department of Justice — that several times more whites are murdered by blacks each year than vice versa. And 50 percent more whites were killed by LEOs in 2019 (it was 100 percent in 2017). Aren’t our lives worth something?

Of course White lives are worth something BECAUSE all lives are worth something... that's why it's a crime for anyone of any color to murder anyone else of any color. The laws don't make it a crime for Whites to murder Blacks and not vice versa. And police use of excessive force -- lethal or otherwise -- is excessive no matter what color the cop is and what color the perp is. What else can be said? What else should be said?

I'm all for making very clear to the whole world that cops are killing White folks in the same ways as they're killing Black folks... like Tony Timpa and Danny Shaver... that it comes down to policing and police training... that we have all had a target placed on our backs... and that this isn't just an issue of Black lives mattering... it's an issue of all lives mattering.

And aside from our lives, more than half a million of us are annually victims of violent crimes inflicted by blacks. Half a million. So why do blacks get all the sympathy?

Of course Blacks don't get "all" the sympathy. You cannot honestly believe that there is not one person in the whole wide world with absolutely no sympathy for White people. So I assume you are really asking why Black Lives Matters and these protests are focusing their sympathy (and/or empathy) on Black people.

Why are their lives more precious?

There is a meme going around comparing saying "all lives matter" to firemen putting out a house fire and others saying "but all houses matter." The message is supposed to be that, yes, all houses matter but all houses aren't on fire.

The real message should be, yes, all houses matter and if we don't put out this house fire then every damn house is in jeopardy of catching fire and burning to the ground. Or that, yes, all houses matter, and if we don't have folks to put out this house fire, then there will be no one to put out any other house fires.

I get the distinct impression the Left hates us, even though, strangely, most Leftists are white. I have no doubt they want us dead ASAP, especially old white men like me. If there was ever any doubt, BLM, the protests and riots made it crystal clear.

"The Left" is an awfully big umbrella. And that's an awfully big accusation to make against every single person on "The Left." And not really reasonable, is it? It's about as reasonable as anyone making a blanket statement about White people, wouldn't you agree? Why play their game? Those exploiting, propagandizing and weaponizing this whole brouhaha are counting on their enemies to do exactly that. It thus allows them to control the narrative. As long as people are willing to make race the issue, race will be the issue. Period.

(post by MrSensible removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Side note, white supremacists always leave out the demographic population of the US when analyzing crime statistics.

How dare you make generalisations about the white supremacist community.

This is the sort bigotry which makes peace unattainable.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

I most definitely do not think it’s something inherent in blacks. Nigerian Americans and immigrants do great here, so I don’t think the problem is bad genes.

Excellent. Then let's move past the raw numbers, and consider what factors are driving those numbers.

As others have pointed out...

Including me.

... the majority of the problems are caused by a small percentage of young, male African Americans raised and residing in poor inner city neighborhoods. I would bet must of them had or have dysfunctional family lives with few good male role models.

Agreed. I would even go so far as to say it was by design. Destroying the Black family unit by devaluing the father's role in the family weakens the individuals as well. Much like the PTB have gone on to weaken and destroy the family unit in general. In many ways, I suspect the Black community was the guinea pigs for how to weaken and destroy all of us. It seems clear that the "equality" being pushed is to bring the rest of society down to the level of the inner city, NOT to raise the level of the inner city to the so-called "privilege" of the rest of society.

I have no idea how to correct this sad state of affairs. We can’t force people to become good parents, we can only punish them for being very bad ones.

Neither do I. Maybe a few half ideas... I'd start by tackling the high rates of lead-poisoning plaguing inner cities. We cannot hope for any better if we don't stop poisoning and compromising minds. Then focus on schools, creating courses in schools that actually teach real valuable life skills like child care, cooking, shop classes, consumer economics, etc. We need to prepare our kids to be responsible and productive adults, and that means giving them the skills necessary to actually be responsible and productive adults. I think in some/many cases, a boarding school -- perhaps even military schools -- could be beneficial in teaching many of these kids the structure and discipline they need but are lacking in their homes. Especially in single parent homes. Perhaps mentoring programs for both boys and girls, and even men and women, who can benefit from the experience and wisdom of others who have mastered their fields.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join