It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-on-white violent crime much worse than I thought

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:29 AM
link   

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Checking in to see if the op thinks skin color causes violent criminal behavior.
Seems like that’s what you are saying, is that right?

All other factors not considered, do you think blacks are predisposed to criminal activity?

Because that’s what you are saying here.
Have I misconstrued the point you are making?

Did you know there are more white people than black people the us? A lot more.

Also, I might have missed the white on white criminality stat.

are you disputing the facts, or just attacking the OP for bringing them?

They are facts, and to my knowledge, they are not in dispute.

Please clarify your post.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Scapegrace
Because the White population is the MAJORITY race in America, they will be the victim of violent crimes more often than individuals from other races. Bigger target.

That’s the kind of rationalization I was expecting. But there’s a big problem with your logic. There are only five times as many whites as blacks in America. Yet blacks violently victimized whites nine times as much as vice versa in 2018. How do you rationalize that?

whites are 9x less violent when reacting to an assault / robbery?
whites are 9x less likely to resort to violence to defend themselves.
The statistics beg for further analysis

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

All other factors not considered, do you think blacks are predisposed to criminal activity?

Yes... but not because of their race. It is because they fell for the democrat lie long ago, and their culture has been degraded to the point that it creates this problem.

I know some very fine foilk that happen to be black. I also know some real pos' that happen to be white.

Listen to Candace Owens. She explains it very well.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Yes... but not because of their race. It is because they fell for the democrat lie long ago, and their culture has been degraded to the point that it creates this problem.

I know some very fine foilk that happen to be black. I also know some real pos' that happen to be white.

Listen to Candace Owens. She explains it very well.

Came here to post something similar. The blacks of America have been duped. Social programs are in place to have these kids raised without fathers. They are raised at the corner store, cause mom works two jobs to pay the bills, and the guys they look up to are dealers, and unsavory characters in general. They see these young black entrepreneurs/street pharmacists, getting money the wrong way, in the new car with the nice rims, and they want to emulate that cause they haven't ever had anything. Seen it all my life.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

of course Whites are less violent because they have more to lose when going against authority, whereas most blacks already have nothing and always live in fear, to blacks authority is oppression while Whites see it as security.

the only way past that is to elevate blacks to a more stable position where they feel safe and secure, honestly it'll probably never happen because Whites are slipping from their high position too as the worlds quality of life rises and the population grows.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Okay. Lots of number crunching here... BFD. I've seen the numbers before. So what's your point?

Are you literally just trying to say "Black people are racist"? Or that "Black people are MORE racist"? Is that your whole point?

Or are you trying to say "Black people are violent"? Or that "Black people are MORE violent"? Is that your whole point?

Or just that MORE Black people are violent and racist than White people per capita?

Are you suggesting that the entire Black demographic is violent and racist? Or MORE violent and racist?

Are you trying to say that it's okay for White people to be violent and racist BECAUSE Black people are violent and racist?

Are you trying to say that it's okay for cops to kill Black people in cold blood in broad daylight on a busy street corner because Black people are so violent and racist? Because by golly gee they're ALL violent and racist???

What's your point?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: acackohfcc

of course Whites are less violent because they have more to lose when going against authority, whereas most blacks already have nothing and always live in fear, to blacks authority is oppression while Whites see it as security.

My dad used to say the most dangerous people in the world are those with nothing to lose... close behind are those with everything to lose.

I think we're seeing both play out these days. The protesters and rioters are those with nothing to lose... the authorities are those with everything -- power! -- to lose.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Checking in to see if the op thinks skin color causes violent criminal behavior.
Seems like that’s what you are saying, is that right?

Because that’s what you are saying here.
Have I misconstrued the point you are making?

Did you know there are more white people than black people the us? A lot more.

Also, I might have missed the white on white criminality stat.

I hadn’t thought about skin color as a causative factor, but I have to dismiss it after considering the possibility for about 10 seconds. Indian Americans are some of the least violent people in the nation. Many are quite dark, almost black in some cases. So skin color is out.

I don’t think blacks are predisposed to criminal activity because most blacks are law abiding, decent people. But without a doubt, blacks commit a hugely disproportional amount of violent crimes in America.

Personally, I think it has a lot to do with the 70 percent or more rate of illegitimate births among blacks. I believe the rate of illegitimate births among whites has risen to 30 percent, so my race has little to be proud of in that regard. It’s just one indicator among many of America’s cultural decline.

I also think there’s more glorification and acceptance of violence among lower-income, less-educated blacks, but that’s purely speculative.

I suspect you’ll blame the higher crime rates on racism. I hope you do, because I can prove the absurdity of that theory quite easily.

Yes, I was aware that whites outnumber blacks by five-to-one. I’m about to show that blacks commit a higher percentage of violent crimes than their percentage of the population. But first, some stats you requested on same-race violent crime.

There were about 2,225,000 white-on-white violent crimes in 2018, or about 62 percent of all violent crimes committed against whites.

There were about 396,000 black-on-black violent crimes, or about 70 percent of all violent crimes committed against blacks.

Now for a few eye-opening stats from the 2018 FBI UCR table 43 re: all arrests nationwide by race. Keep in mind that blacks comprise 12 to 13 percent of the population and non-Hispanic whites about 61 percent.

Homicide/nonnegligent manslaughter:
53.3 percent black
27.7 percent white

Rape:
28.6 percent black
46.6 percent white

Robbery:
54.1 percent black
24.3 percent white

Aggravated assault:
33.6 percent black
40 percent white
edit on 22-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Clarification

edit on 22-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm not black and I've never been messed with by black people. In fact all my worst experiences have been with white people. Of course I never had but a hand full of personal friends that were black and I avoided the worst neighborhoods when I lived in Detroit.

But I've danced with black girls at the bars, partied with black folks in their communities, and would hang out with black guys at work in the break room. My first two teachers in grade school were black, I just loved Mrs Tobias my 1st grade teacher, plenty of woman to hug on.

I grew up in the era of MoTown music and the 70s image of blacks, but it seems something went wrong in the late 70s and early 80s about the time Hip Hop and then Rap music emerged in the black culture. The innocence of MoTown music with lyrics about being in love or what have you changed to street gangs capping homies, beating on hoes, and killing cops. Rap became a worldwide trendy music style and IMO has spread the violent gang attitude with it.

I'm not saying Rap music is the cause of the violent attitude of the black culture, but it's a big indicator that something changed about the time it appeared.

Bottom line is that if you hang with a bad crew, you'll end up in trouble regardless of your skin tone. In my case, every bad situation I've had I walked into, it just happened to be with white people.
edit on 22-6-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I think it's pretty obvious what changed around that time. The War on Drugs. It disproportionately targeted young, black, men.

If your government is enacting policies designed to put your people in cages what motivation do you have to play by their rules?

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Good question. The Left never wants to talk about it, and I suspect must Leftists aren’t even aware of it.

That's because they don't actually want to discuss race past a bumper sticker.

But these crime rates are a result of racism and higher incarceration rates more single mothers etc.

I don't have the answers but you can't point to higher crime rates and say it proves there is no racism.
I’m claiming just the opposite. I say the grossly disproportional amount of violent crimes committed by blacks against whites proves there’s much more racism among blacks than whites.

Remember when “microaggressions” were getting so many black and woke-white college students all worked up? I think of violent interracial crimes as “macroaggressions” that are much easier to prove than possibly misinterpreted facial expressions.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If I had a $ bill for every time this conversation was raised, using the exact same statistics, and the exact same facts, that encounter the exact same kind of pushback, evasion and deflection from black crime apologists, I would have a much higher net worth than today, probably to the point I could just write a check and keep the lights running on ATS for another decade, purely from let's call it "arguing with 'feelz' against facts" money.

All you need to do, generally speaking, the chop the crutch of excuses out from underneath these apologists is reference the experiences of other minority communities that have been immersed in the "Great Melting Pot" of America and have NOT descended into a pit of communal violence and depravity.

Let's look at the track record of Asian immigrants. Do you think the red carpet was rolled out them as they arrived here? Anyone with a lick of historical context knows about the Manifest Destiny period of the 19th century, the expansion of the US rail system to the West that was built in large part on the backs of a Chinese labor force that was maltreated, abused, victims of bias and racism. ..... How'd they react to this ill treatment? Forming a trans-generational lineage of broken homes, criminal gangs and violence? Nope, I don't think so.

How about Hispanics? Someone in this thread already made reference to US crime statistics covering that demographic. FUN BUT LITTLE KNOWN FACT: a slice of original ancestors of Native Americans and Spanish/Portuguese/European explorers were themselves enslaved. That's right, if you read the history books, you'll learn that there were in fact a % of slaves toiling on the sugar cane plantations of the New World, mainly in the Caribbean, who did NOT arrive in the Americas compliments of the classic "Triangle Slave Trade" touching Africa, Europe and the New World. This includes a population of Native Americans and as mentioned the ancestors of today's Hispanics. ...... They had the exact same experiences as African slaves, yet we don't see a similar participation in violent crime activity in their population segment. I can recommend an excellent history book for those interested in reading more about the full chronicle of the slave trade in Cuba and the experiences of ALL involved, native Cubans, descendants of Spanish settlers and natives, African slaves; the book is entitle "Sugar is Made With Blood" by Robert Paquette.

I'm running out of time for this post, but you can continue researching the subject, and look into intra-African slave trade routes into the interior of the continent, into Middle East, and East to Indian Ocean. There are many different dimensions of the historical slave trade, and many different facts that rebut this mythology that "White American slave owners are to blame for today's Black Americans". Read up on the trade networks across Africa involving precious stones, the Kola nut and yes slaves. You will then see that many different players, form many different geographical areas, including Africans themselves, were participants in the slave trading.

Don't settle for emotive, 'oh my feelz' counter arguments to facts. Yes, enslavement of African slaves and importing into the Americas WAS AN ATROCITY AND CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY, but other peoples have dealt with tragedy as well, and they are not pan handling for reparations in the one hand while pistol whipping you with the other.

"Deny Ignorance"
edit on 22-6-2020 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Faulty math going on in here. You need to take population size into account.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I’m claiming just the opposite. I say the grossly disproportional amount of violent crimes committed by blacks against whites proves there’s much more racism among blacks than whites.

Looking at the murder stats above from 2013 it seems they are killing a lot more of their own.

I would think white people are more likely to involve the police which probably skews the stats a little.

But regardless, not all interracial crime is racially motivated. I actually think it would be a minority.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Okay. Lots of number crunching here... BFD. I've seen the numbers before. So what's your point?

Are you literally just trying to say "Black people are racist"? Or that "Black people are MORE racist"? Is that your whole point?

Or are you trying to say "Black people are violent"? Or that "Black people are MORE violent"? Is that your whole point?

Or just that MORE Black people are violent and racist than White people per capita?

Are you suggesting that the entire Black demographic is violent and racist? Or MORE violent and racist?

Are you trying to say that it's okay for White people to be violent and racist BECAUSE Black people are violent and racist?

Are you trying to say that it's okay for cops to kill Black people in cold blood in broad daylight on a busy street corner because Black people are so violent and racist? Because by golly gee they're ALL violent and racist???

What's your point?
First, let me ask you: Why aren’t you disturbed by these statistics? You say BFD, like it’s not important that blacks annually comprise more than 50 percent of all homicide arrestees, and 58 percent of all juvenile homicide arrestees. More than 50 percent of robberies.

You’re not helping black Americans by rationalizing these crime rates. It’s not good for them. You get that, don’t you? Most of their victims are blacks. They go to prison for these things, become felons. It’s hard to get a job if you’re an ex-felon. You can’t support your family while you’re in prison. Black people, even the majority who are law-abiding, get a bad reputation. So, yes, it’s a BFD.

No other race or ethnic group comes close to committing as many violent crimes percentage wise. Not Nigerian Americans or immigrants, nor Chinese, nor Indians, nor Koreans. Does the white man love Nigerians and Indians for some reason? Are they using white privilege to be wildly successful in racist America? Obviously, the answer is no.

My main purpose was to show the disconnect from reality that’s driving the riots, protests, BLM, self-hatred among whites and calls to disband law enforcement agencies. It’s getting crazier and crazier and could provoke a violent reaction from conservative whites if they’re pushed too far.

Yes, I’m saying there’s more racism among blacks than whites. I’ve experienced plenty of it myself and I know many others — not just whites — who’ve also experienced black racism. Neither I nor other victims I know did anything to deserve the racism directed at us.

I’ve seen so many videos, usually recorded by blacks, of whites being subjected to violence or intimidation by blacks. Often, the one recording is amused by what’s going on and encourages the ugliness. You’d be hard-pressed to find more than a few videos showing the opposite, except for police incidents.

Almost all of the police incidents that became cause celebres began with blacks breaking the law and resisting arrest. That seldom ends well for anyone, including the roughly 370 whites killed by cops in, I think, 2018. One stat I’ve seen on Statista showed more than 95 percent of the 235 (?) or so blacks killed by cops in 2018 were armed (armed with what I don’t know), and about 85 percent of whites killed were also armed.

I assume you were referring to St. George Floyd’s death re: the daylight death on a street corner. No, that was inexcusable. I’m not saying cops are always in the right. But I also understand there are 700,000 sworn LEOs at the local, county and state levels. There’s bound to be a wide range of competence among them and ability to deal with angry, combative people. And if you’ve dealt with a number of jerks during your shift, the next one might just be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. You might be having problems in your personal life. Personally, just one argument will ruin most of my day and put me in a bad mood. You couldn’t pay me enough to be a cop.

Cops have to deal with people no one else wants anything to do with. Wherever people are known to be doing something illegal, the worst thing going on in a jurisdiction, that’s where they go.

It’s become open season on cops. You can say anything you want to them and be just as disrespectful and ugly as you please. I’ve seen so many videos of black people doing exactly that. No one should have to take that kind of abuse, even a cop.

But we expect them to be like robots, with no feelings, just taking all that hate and disrespect. People getting right in their faces and deliberately provoking them. We wouldn’t tolerate any other person being so disrespected. If someone treated a black person like that and it was recorded, just imagine the uproar.

edit on 22-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Faulty math going on in here. You need to take population size into account.
Huh? I’ve done exactly that. I pointed out the percentage of population comprised of blacks (12–13 percent) and that by whites (61 percent). Then I showed the percentage of blacks and whites arrested for homicide, rape, robbery and aggravated assault. What more do you want me to do? I noted that blacks commit nine times as many violent crimes against whites as vice versa, although there are only five times as many whites as blacks. I don’t think anything I say could change your mind. I think your mind is closed to the truth.

If you were referring to those who rationalize the high crime rates by blacks, I sincerely apologize.
edit on 22-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Addition

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

No, not if the convictions correspond with arrests equally. For example, African Americans are arrested on drug charges at comparable rates to all other races, including caucasians, but the conviction rate is disproportionately higher for African Americans. That would point to a fairly obvious issue within our justice system. Actually committing way more crimes though? No one wants to touch that issue.
The numbers in this post are more than a little misleading. I'd suggest that if all races were victims at rates proportionate to their particular demographic, this is roughly about what it would look like. One would need more info to make an informed opinion, something the OP clearly isn't interested in. I guess I could take the time to do that homework, but I'm also not the one making the claim, so....

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

And 100% of black on white crime never makes it past the middle section of the local newspaper.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Wouldn't higher crime rates be an indicator of injustice?

Unless there is any implication of racial motivation behind these attacks, this doesn't help your argument.

What? How so? IDK but the vast majority of crimes against blacks are from blacks... is that injustice too? Could it be cultural driven?

Absolutely it is culture driven.
How does being owned effect a people?

Look at the Irish.

160 years after being owned was abolished? I don't know, there's nobody alive to ask.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join