It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-on-white violent crime much worse than I thought

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Be prepared.

Charlie? Charlie Manson?
Is that you?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Grambler

Yeah it's racist when clearly white people commit the majority of violent crimes and you and others are saying blacks do.

It's not racist to say that black people are more prone to criminality.
It's racist to say that the skin colour is the reason.

The reasons are long and convoluted but they are real.

By minimising this you are only easing white guilt.
But that's what BLM is about.

No black person will see benefits, but a bunch of rich white kids will feel like they made a difference.

You are all not even trying to understand the math. Here this gets to the point quick:

www.instagram.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man
Apart from enabling you to dodge questions, what point did that video serve?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

When you ask why has ATS died, this is why.

How is the crap in the poltics mud-pit above top secret? Are aliens from outerspace running for the presidency or what?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I think it's pretty obvious what changed around that time. The War on Drugs. It disproportionately targeted young, black, men.

If your government is enacting policies designed to put your people in cages what motivation do you have to play by their rules?

so rather than working within the system to change the rules, they what? rail against it and cause as much destruction as possible, not only to their own community but also to those they "blame". Of course those they blame aren't actually to blame, those who should get the blame don't because...why exactly? The ones that get the blame, only get it because they share the skin colour of those who enacted the laws. To me that is racist.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

edit. Your comparing.. eh nevermind.

Obviously a race bait thread.
edit on 24-6-2020 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

So I ask you: Who are the true victims of racial injustice in America?

The answer to your question is every single one of us, our race or color doesn’t matter. As long as Individuals choose to play this card we all lose, no matter or race, color, or nationality. When we learn each of us is a human without differences except what we are taught, learn, or what’s in our hearts. I say to you, please grow up now.
I assume you‘d say the same thing to every BLM supporter? Since race and color don’t matter? Perhaps the NAACP and La Raza (The Race) should disband or change their names to something more inclusive? No more affirmative action or Black History Month? There are so very many organizations and movements focused on specific races or ethnicities. Including white supremacist groups, of course
edit on 24-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

There’s irrefutable proof from a highly credible source — the U.S. Department of Justice

Absolutely the funniest quote I have ever seen on ATS ! Congrats as the end is near you could very well walk away with the title.
You do realize the DOJ was headed by two different black attorneys general for eight years during the tenure of a black president, right? I think you’ll find the stats re: black arrestees and white victims very similar during that time period, 2009-2017.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I'm a white guy from the suburbs of Detroit. Grew up here my entire life. I went to a school that had a lot of racial tension. The school was 50/50. I hated black kids and black kids hated me. I learned how to hate at an early age. I was surrounded by people full of hate. I had friends that were neo nazi's. I learned when I got older being hateful makes you a miserable person. I no longer judge people buy the color of their skin. I judge people by their character and I'm not going to prejudge anyone according to statistics. Bottom line is if you're friendly to me I'll be friendly back.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PharoahSpiderMan
Not to be a hater to the guy, but his mentality seems to be making decisions and operating from a place of Fear.

Oh, I’m definitely fearful. The riots, murders, assaults, destruction, vandalism and calls to disband police departments filled me with dread for the future of America. That’s what prompted my OP. The unquestioning belief that blacks, and only blacks, were being singled out for victimization. The news media, Hollywood, social media, Google search, every Democratic politician and pro athletes joined in support of BLM and the protests over Floyd’s death, never bothering to examine the statistics like those in my OP. Even giant corporations — including notorious exploiters of Third World wage slaves and POC — joined in the virtue signaling. Anyone with common sense should be nervous about where this is leading.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Absolutely I would. It's far past time we started fighting for human rights under one banner and become an unstoppable force, rather than under a million smaller banners competing for attention and conveniently given lip service individually by the elite because each cause is too small and weak by itself.

Black history month is both stupid and derogatory. Instead of black history month, they should have just, you know, integrated the history naturally. If they wanted to include more in our school, include it. It should be history, not some segregated aspect of it. Having black history month is like having a black only water fountain.
edit on 6/24/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

Here’s a link to a U.S. DOJ report on 2018 violent crimes. www.bjs.gov...

The violent crimes researched in the study are rape or sexual assault, robbery, aggravated assault, and simple assault.

Go to Page 13, Table 14 for a breakdown of interracial violent crimes (not including homicide or nonnegligent manslaughter).

The table shows about 548,000 violent crimes committed by blacks against whites in 2018.

In contrast, about 60,000 violent crimes were committed by whites against blacks in 2018. That’s only 11 percent as many as blacks committed against whites.

So I ask you: Who are the true victims of racial injustice in America?

LMAO you read that completely wrong and got so many stars and flags 🤣.

Victim........Race of offender (highest percentage)
White..........White
Black...........Black
Hispanic......Hispanic
Asian............White/Black/Asian

Side note, white supremacists always leave out the demographic population of the US when analyzing crime statistics.
Since you’re so much smarter, what did I write that was wrong? Specifically. And now I’m a white supremacist for stating indisputable facts? I’m not saying the truth can’t be used for racist purposes, but can the truth itself be racist?

White supremacy means a person puts white people as the supreme race of the earth.

Total victims of all races: 5,061,940.

When you multiple the offender percentage by race and tally up those numbers, then divide by total victims, you get this:

Offenders by race for all 5,061,940 victims
White 50%
Black 22%
Hispanic 15%
Other 8%
Asian 3%

Adds up to 98%, just double checked I'm off 2% somewhere, but doesn't matter. If a republican or conservative feels the need to leave the Trump party, they can get more accurate including population demographics and the picture will be clearer.

One can go even further a look at prison populations in the US by race and what crimes they are behind bars for, and the length of their sentence.
Well I don’t think whites are the supreme race. We’re neither the smartest nor the most athletic.

I double checked your stats and they’re correct. No offense I hope; just making sure we’re on the same page.

So non-Hispanic whites, who are 60 percent of the population, committed just over 50 percent of all violent crimes (not including homicide or nonnegligent manslaughter).

Blacks, who are 13 percent of the population, committed 21.8 percent of all violent crimes (not including homicide or nonnegligent manslaughter).

Blacks committed a total of 1,106,874 violent crimes, of which 396,349 were black-on-black.

So 35.8 percent of violent crimes committed by blacks victimized other blacks, while 64.2 percent of violent crimes committed by blacks victimized
non-blacks.

Almost two-thirds of the violent crimes blacks committed victimized non-blacks. Care to guess if any other race or ethnic group comes close to that?

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

But these crime rates are a result of racism and higher incarceration rates

So it isn't at all possible black people actually commit more crime? Sounds like you are making excuses based on no facts just opinion!

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Good question. The Left never wants to talk about it, and I suspect must Leftists aren’t even aware of it.

That's because they don't actually want to discuss race past a bumper sticker.

But these crime rates are a result of racism and higher incarceration rates more single mothers etc.

I don't have the answers but you can't point to higher crime rates and say it proves there is no racism.

edit on 24-6-2020 by sirlancelot because: typo

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

edit on 24-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: screwed up my post

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Oh this thread. Again. And just as always, the same few will read a graph and immediately stop as soon as they think they've found something that confirms their world view.

Ok:

African-American prisoners who are convicted of murder are about 50% more likely
to be innocent than other convicted murderers. Part of that disparity is tied to the race of the
victim. African Americans imprisoned for murder are more likely to be innocent if they were
convicted of killing white victims. Only about 15% of murders by African Americans have
white victims, but 31% of innocent African-American murder exonerees were convicted of
killing white people.

My question, and I’d really like to know, is how many African Americans convicted of murder were exonerated in the study or studies you cite? What percentage of African Americans convicted of murder do they comprise (sorry, Boadicea, I’m going to keep on using it, right or wrong ;-)?

And since blacks were arrested for killing at least five times more blacks in 2018 than for killing whites, I have to wonder why the racist justice system gives a damn if they kill other blacks.

You’d think the racist police, prosecutors, judges and wardens wouldn’t waste so much of their time and budgets on finding, prosecuting, adjudicating and incarcerating someone for killing a black person. You almost get the feeling the justice system cares about black homicide victims.

As for your drug-related stats, all that may be true, I really don’t know, and frankly, I’m just not interested in sentences meted out to drug dealers. They knew what they were doing was illegal. Incidentally, I think marijuana should be legalized nationwide, and I’d like to see a registered drug addict program like there used to be in the UK. I’d rather treat drug addicts and spoil the market for dealers and drug lords than incarcerate addicts.

I do get angry over what I perceive as light sentences for violent crimes. I don’t care what the race or ethnicity of violent criminals; lock ‘em up for life if they’re murderers or rapists. Ditto for those who repeatedly commit aggravated assault.

The OP and conversation is primarily about violent crimes; who commits them and who their victims are. If you want to start a thread about unjust convictions and sentencing of blacks for drug-related crimes, I promise to participate.
edit on 24-6-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I like your ideas, though I think there has to be a movement within the black community to change self-destructive behavior.

Yes, definitely... and there is, but there sure is a lot more political and media and celebrity attention to glorifying the thug life, or magnifying their perpetual victim status, anything but encouraging education and a good work ethic and self-sufficiency and on and on. This is where we have to "know them by the fruits of their labor." There are so many groups and organizations dedicated to helping inner city youth in various ways, in practical and productive and fruitful ways that will serve them well for their entire lives. But instead of those groups being promoted and that route being encouraged, all the national focus and outrage is on their victimhood -- real, imagined and hyped up beyond all recognition.

When we're talking about already compromised youth -- in various ways and for various reasons -- being hit with diametrically opposing messages, I guess it's no surprise that so many choose poorly. I don't know how to fight that, except perhaps to remove them from the negative influence/environment. Boarding schools would be one way to do so.

At the same time, if we had the will, we could do so much to offer free and easily accessible education and PSAs with our current technology, and give so many more kids (and their parents) more and better tools for success. Such programs could be offered by either public or private interests. Who didn't love Schoolhouse Rock? Conjunction Junction? How a Bill becomes a Law? Wouldn't you love to see some of these preachy celebs actually doing something with the wealth and privilege they've been afforded, rather than lecturing the rest of us? Television, radio, internet... the possibilities are literally endless. And, obviously, not just for inner city kids. Such would be available to ALL kids. But in theory at least, it would be inner city kids and other disadvantaged kids who most need access to such programs, and would benefit most.

I would also like something like this for adults -- anything from budgeting and finances, to childcare and parenting issues, managing a household, simple home repairs and maintenance. We know are kids are being taught crap and are not prepared for adulting. Better informed and educated parents raise better informed and educated adults.

And fathers must marry the mothers of their children, or better yet, girls and women should either abstain from sex until marriage or use contraceptives/condoms.

I tend to think the high teenage/unwed pregnancy rates have much to do with absentee fathers also, as daughters look for male attention in all the wrong places and all the wrong ways.
I like everything you said. We’ve found common ground.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
There are too many unwanted and un-loved children who grow up angry at the world.
There are aspect of modern culture that allow for this, or perhaps it's all ways been the case.
To boil it down, I think there is a empathy deficit.
Cultures that do not cannibalise themselves during times of hardship, survive.
It’s depressing how many people ill-equipped to be parents nevertheless procreate. Their children frequently become problems for the rest of us. This is by no means limited to African Americans. I don’t know what can be done about it.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Another thought... we know that most high crime rates have very high recidivism rates. We need to do more with prisoners to prepare them to live a life of NO crime after they are released. If they don't know any better, they can't do any better.

Years ago, Sheriff Joe had a local radio talk show that I used to listen to. Many ex-prisoners would call in to the show to thank him for providing educational programs and services in jail, giving them tools to do better when they got out. They'd say he was tough, but fair, and if the prisoners were willing to put in the work, Sheriff Joe gave them the tools to make a better life. They could study and get their GEDs, as well as learn trades, and there were job training/placement programs to help them find jobs. I don't remember many details now. But I do remember sometimes thinking that for lots of these guys, Sheriff Joe became the "dad" they needed to give them a good swift kick in the butt. Some said they appreciated that Sheriff Joe believed in them enough to even offer them the opportunities he did.

Sheriff Joe wasn't perfect, but he did a lot of things right.
I agree Sheriff Joe isn’t perfect, but I really like what he did, mainly making time served as unpleasant as humanely possible, and as cheap as possible for taxpayers. I didn’t know about the educational programs. I’m all for that. Anything that’ll keep ‘em out of prison and make them productive citizens. I also like the Second Step Act. I want every American to be successful and happy.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfred33

When you ask why has ATS died, this is why.

How is the crap in the poltics mud-pit above top secret? Are aliens from outerspace running for the presidency or what?

I’m truly sorry about that. But this is the only site I’ve found where intelligent folks on both the right and left vigorously debate issues of the day. And the issues can be very controversial, like this thread is about. I think it’s good that we can say exactly what we think — as long as we’re reasonably civil — without being censored. But I take your point about the dearth of conspiracy threads.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I'm a white guy from the suburbs of Detroit. Grew up here my entire life. I went to a school that had a lot of racial tension. The school was 50/50. I hated black kids and black kids hated me. I learned how to hate at an early age. I was surrounded by people full of hate. I had friends that were neo nazi's. I learned when I got older being hateful makes you a miserable person. I no longer judge people buy the color of their skin. I judge people by their character and I'm not going to prejudge anyone according to statistics. Bottom line is if you're friendly to me I'll be friendly back.
I can’t disagree with anything you said. Hatred isn’t healthy. It makes you miserable.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join