It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I fear it's time.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I would still be in
Goth

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Soo so sorry it didn't seem to work. I've been holding off saying goodbye to everyone cuz I was hoping all would be well..

I too have learned so much and admire so many people here. I don't really post much or anything of significance but like many others, I lurked for many years before actually joining. It's the only site I visit daily and the only one I try to get the real story of whats happening in the news from.. I don't know if I will land anywhere else. I doubt there will be a place we all are happy but I will keep an open mind.

I thank you all for the laughs, stories, eerie tales, amazing research and knowledge, all the teachings, gardening advice, compassion and words of support and encouragement, recipes..oh man.. I will miss everyone!

Thanks FCD for all your efforts and funny, entertaining and informative posts.. BIG hugs to everyone.. Best wishes for all for magic, wonder, love, and laughter wherever you may be!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: KKLOCO

Holiday? What's that? There are no holidays in my world. No vacations either.

You go out and do what needs to be done, every day, rain or shine.

I was working this weekend, and I worked on this project this weekend.

Like you, I'm not patient either. What is this 'patience' thing you talk of? If there's a fire, I'm going to go put it out, and I'm going to do it right now. It's just how I am.

And that’s exactly why we appreciate you! We also appreciate every last ounce of the efforts you’re putting in!

I implore you FCD, you as the LEADER of this movement, we have to be patient. This will not be solved in one day.

Please do not give up.

Free speech MUST SURVIVE!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I always love your posts. Thank you for keeping things entertaining! 😊

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Thank you very much, and I got it. I'm going to send a message back. I know, and I understand.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   

FCD? You know where to find me.....peace always..... Mysterioustranger/HDT

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It's just a website, lol. Most of the interesting members left years ago anyway.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, despite all the expressed interest, when it came down to it, only a select number of members even showed up to discuss it. Less still to actually do it.

Not unexpected /SMH......

A case of 'too many chiefs and not enough Indians?

There I've said it ...... don't even know if ^^^that^^^ is pc any more!

edit on 22-6-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
My understanding of that comment and the opening post is the other way round- OP was looking for chiefs, but they failed to turn up at the council fire.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
My understanding of that comment and the opening post is the other way round- OP was looking for chiefs, but they failed to turn up at the council fire.

To many chiefs and not enough Indians?

Whatever!!

I seem to remember lots of members offering their services/knowledge,

but when push came to shove only FCD appeared to take a lead while

others melted into the background......

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Exactly. Not enougb chiefs.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I belief is you have to balance some decent chiefs with enough peons to keep it going. Since most the moderators are free(I think) it comes down to all the other stuff.

Look servers cost money. If there is revenue generated, taxes are due. Who is going to own and control? Who has ultimate authority? There is alot of things involved in all this. Trust me, being a project manager, you need a game plan, a transition team, a post implementation team, and a clear understanding of how things will work. There is alot to this.

Camain

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: camain
My comment was only made about the situation described in the opening post; that this initiative lapsed because the OP needed people with particular technical skills and they were not coming forward to act. I just thought that "too many chiefs" was exactly the wrong way of summing up that state of things.

edit on 22-6-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

I don't think anyone is disagreeing or missing your point.

The impression that I get is that no one wants to take the helm nor are their enough officers to command the ship. Without all those people to do work, it makes the risk go up considerably and not many are in a spot to throw money away.

In other words, the investment some may have saw isn't looking as prosperous.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I use the handle "Michigan Swamp Buck" on all my posts except FB where I use a similar name. You will know me by this pen name in whatever forum you may find me in.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

totally agree. Look, you need a business man, to run the business. Like it or not, this site is a business, so you need to have someone with previous business background to run the ship. Next, I'd say you need a good programmer, with some .net and web experience to maintain the code/website. Next comes a sys admin to maintain everything else the programmer shouldn't be doing. Next is the marketing/advertising program. You need to manage that data where its going to, who is buying it etc. Then you need some sort of reporting mechanism, A LLC of some sort, how is revenue going to keep the lights on, what the business plan is, how are profits divided, and lets not even start on the moderator workforce, the legal implications, and the storing of data.

All I am saying is this is a big project, to transition to a new team. You need buy in from the current owner, you need a plan, and you need the right people. Its not impossible, but it sure isn't easy. A lot of people would love to help out, I am sure, but as someone said above, volunteering to help, and actually bring skills that can be used are two separate things, additionally, most people like to be paid if they are going to be working 10+ hours a week on a project. Getting this started is a full time job, transitioning it, is a full time job. Once all that is done, ok, the hours will go down, but initially someone is going to be busting their ass with 40+ weeks, just like any time you start a new business.

Camain

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I wanted to thank you, FCD, for all your ATS threads and for your unasked for efforts to keep ATS alive. However I see that doing CPR on the dead horse ATS has become is not the way to do so. To bring back life we need to bring a new pony to the rodeo. I believe that you agree that ATS need updating if not a new website for us to continue at.

Wishing you well in any efforts to keep things going here and with your own life as well.

What use I can be through all this is questionable as I am nothing but a cashless disabled (getting older) man who is only awake when the pain pills let me do so. I other word I'd help if there is a way to do so.

edit on 6 22 2020 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
ATS lost its focus on high strangeness to become a politically right wing gathering place which drives off members with different ideologies and interests. The atmosphere just became to toxic and it killed the community spirit.

I would have gladly invested in the "old" ats, not this one. I'm not interested in investing in an echo chamber for Matt Drudge or Breitbart.

As much as I enjoyed the "mudpit" it infected the whole site.

edit on 22-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
ATS lost its focus on high strangeness to become a politically right wing gathering place which drives off members with different ideologies and interests. The atmosphere just became to toxic and it killed the community spirit.

I would have gladly invested in the "old" ats, not this one. I'm not interested in investing in an echo chamber for Matt Drudge or Breitbart.

As much as I enjoyed the "mudpit" it infected the whole site.

I agree. Too much is too much. I'd rather read stories showing that Bigfoot was the mastermind of 9/11 than any of the blue vs red stories.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

How do you make that out?

ATS didn't have a focus ...... it is membership driven therefor representative

of the 'members'?

I think I have read every post on peoples feelings at the demise of ATS and

what surprised me most was the members who had been on the site for 10/15

plus years who posted little (They were new to me
) but came to ATS on a

daily basis, so it can hardly be considered a sea change of new members......

not to mention over that period many would have changed views from when

they first joined.......grown up.

If you can't pit your wits against someone who has a different, a very different

viewpoint to yourself perhaps you need an echo chamber and NOT ATS

To feel like that it is you who is entrenched in the past. After all politics is at

best/worst 49/51% ? and majority wins...... just happens someone has to be

on the losing side......there will always be sore losers! Thats life.

By the way it is still the *old ATS* only grown up
along with its members of

long standing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join