It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Didn't Make the News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Thought I was having a kidney stone the other day - pain my low right ribcage, fatigue, loss of appetite, all things I was familiar with from having a stone vex me on my left side years ago. So I go to the hospital hoping to get it resolved before the excruciating pain hits, they run some tests, and by golly it's not a kidney stone but rather viral pneumonia!

Apparently you no longer need to have a painful cough with phlegm or burning lungs. Just vague pain and feeling like crap.

So they did one of those nasty Covid tests where they jam a swab so far up both nostrils one at a time (the second one is worse because you know what's coming) you can practically feel them on your brain stem. The results? No Covid! So I didn't add to those wonderful statistics. As far as I know. They sent me home with antibiotics to heal.

But I have to wonder just how strong this pneumonia is that laughs at Covid precautions. It wasn't fatal but it could have been for somebody who didn't have insurance anymore and avoided going to the hospital. Makes me wonder that with all the focus on Covid just how many other deadly diseases are out there that could easily become more aggressive and blow through the population regardless of the precautions.

Something to ponder while I drink my juice and wait for the last of the pain to fade.
edit on 21-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Is that a virus you catch like covid or is it one most of us have like staph or shingles types?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Is that a virus you catch like covid or is it one most of us have like staph or shingles types?

I'm not a doctor, but I don't believe it's like herpes where it just goes crazy after a while. That doesn't sound right.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Pneumonia is inflammation, and the fact they sent you home with antibiotics more than likely indicates a bacterial infection. Antibiotics take up to a week to fully kick in, so you should be fine within 5 or 6 days. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It can be a virus, bacteria or both.

It is contagious.

That's about all I know.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Good thing you are not coughing and spreading it to other people around you. Get better brother.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Good thing you are not coughing and spreading it to other people around you. Get better brother.

The no cough thing was odd. Maybe I was just too proactive for it to develop that far.

Thanks. I'll be okay until the next thing, I guess.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
They sent me home with antibiotics to heal.
Make a point of eating some serious yogourt. Often a blast of antibiotics can wipe out your gut flora, and cause all kinds of grief. Get well quick!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Make a point of eating some serious yogourt. Often a blast of antibiotics can wipe out your gut flora, and cause all kinds of grief. Get well quick!

They're already making me smell funny. But you're probably right. Read an article the other day about microbiomes. Interesting stuff.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

They gave you antibiotics for viral pneumonia?
Did they test for viral pneumonia?

Because I thought antibiotics were ONLY for bacterial infections?

Feel better....and I am glad you do NOT have WuHuFlu!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

They're already making me smell funny. But you're probably right. Read an article the other day about microbiomes. Interesting stuff.

Your gut biome plays a huge role in your health and well being, it's worth looking into it could change your life.
Here is a good place to start if you're interested.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

When you take antibiotics fungus grows on you.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
poster didn;t say it was viral pneumonia they gave them an antibiotic indicating it is a bacterial infection

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Feel better....and I am glad you do NOT have WuHuFlu!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Tested and confirmed viral by CAT scan and chest X-ray, which showed "broken glass opacities," which was apparently the bacterial component. The antibiotics were for the infection, not the viral component. So even after I heal from the symptoms, I'll likely still have the virus. So no French kissing please.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Makes sense.
I had walking pneumonia about ten years ago, and got antibiotics as well, even though they told me it was viral.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

from the OP:

and by golly it's not a kidney stone but rather viral pneumonia!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

edit on 22-6-2020 by YouSir because: There was snoop site...in the force...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Ummm...why would they give you antibiotics for a viral infection...?

I mean...I can see it for a secondary bacterial infection...but it does diddly for fighting a virus...

Edit:...D’oh...I guess I should have read further down the thread before commenting...

YouSir
edit on 22-6-2020 by YouSir because: It burns...it burns...

top topics

join