It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Election Loss, Trump Changes Party

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: 3sixand9

That makes sense, he’s an opportunist and sensed an opportunity to lead cult-like fringe conservatives.

Yes, liberals got a bit crazy in the past decade so it is good for balance to have a crazy right-wing party as well... although a bit risky when *everyone* In the nation is crazy and polarized. I’m interested to see how it plays out.

Anyone who is a fan boy of any politician has probably drunk some or other cool aid.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

That does seem to be how it works... and the media (Fox News, CNN) fuels it.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake
They should 'play the ball, not the man'.
When ever I hear people attacking someone personally, I assume they are projecting a covert agenda of some sort.

If you attack someones character, you need to pony up the details.
Not just generic demonization.
US politics is childish, for most part.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3sixand9

So, let me get this straight...

Being pro business, being for less taxes, being in favor of the U.S. Constitution, wanting to defend the second amendment, being in favor of free speech, being in favor of bringing jobs back from overseas, not wanting globalism/Not wanting a One World Order, not wanting to give away American sovereignty, etc, means that you are not a Republican anymore?... In what planet? Mars?

edit on 24-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
“Facing election loss”

BWAAAAH HAAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Trump was never a democrat and not a true republican - he is a conservative, in that he adheres to the constitution which is libertarian.

“If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals — if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.”
― Ronald Reagan

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Trump was never a democrat and not a true republican - he is a conservative, in that he adheres to the constitution which is libertarian.

lolwut?

Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'

Trump says his ‘authority is total.’ Constitutional experts have ‘no idea’ where he got that.

Trump is the opposite of a Libertarian

Libertarians Should Stand Against Authoritarianism

Trump is an authoritarian nationalist.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
lol thanks for reminding me those sources hate the president and place their pure idealism far above the reality of politics and compromise as they chastise others as perceived authoritarian.

Jesus wasn't a perfect christian either, he must therefore be hitler

Trump - literally wrote a book called the art of the deal - authoritarians don't make deals.

next.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

Trump didn't write that book. I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join