It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting and looting in Stuttgart, Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Nutwigs out of control in Stuttgart, Germany

The southwestern German city has seen a night of rioting and looting, with several police officers injured as hundreds of people took to the city center. The situation was "completely out of control," police said.

Saw videos on Youtube. Looks like the swanky downtown district got hit.

Cheers

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

This happened after police inspected a 17 year because of drug use at a lake nearby. His friends did not like that. Like it, they solicited together with external friends against the police. Then a couple hundred people went into the city, destroying things and looting shops.

This has zero to do with police brutality or protesting it, it is rather an excuse used by these mostly juveniles and early adults, to be dickheads.

In some comment sections, people get downvoted to -30 because they want these rioters and lawless to be found and prosecuted.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Merkel will probably punish the police officers for not bleeding enough.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It feels like such a catch 22 we’re caught in, you fight back your a racist. You do nothing your a pu**y. But I for one have spoken with Close friends in my neck of the woods.

Protests most are fine with, violent hoodlums, well we’re all gonna take our chances with being labelled as those who fight back!!!

SaneThinking

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
They liberated some shoes I see.
Those young freedom fighters, everywhere trying to free merchandise from the slavery of capitalism.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I know some Europeans think they are more enlightened than us heathens in the states, but the simple fact is the Mob is a dangerous thing for everyone.

The Romans understood that, we have forgotten that and now the mob is running wild facing little to no repercussions.
edit on 21-6-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals
Even liberating glass, literally freeing it from tension.

I hope everyone involved get's a double spanking, first from the judge and then from the parents.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
my friend just sent me graphics, of 'peaceful protest' pamphlets.
same art, same graphic design, different languages.

sorros is distributing the graphics worldwide it seems.

ive seen u.s conngresssman calling out sorros, and for trummp to arrest him.
im wondering if they are all in on it.

i think republikans agree to be 'the bad guy' so a demokrat can come in next, instal totalitarian laws, and people will say, 'well at least hes not republikan.'

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I know some Europeans think they are more enlightened than us heathens in the states, but the simple fact is the Mob is a dangerous thing for everyone.

Never heard that, never got that impression. You may know the wrong people then.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I expect Germany to have a hot summer. Everyone is connected by cell phones now; the criminals in Stuttgart who feel upset at the police response will encourage their fellows in other cities to riot as well.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Police will use the cellphone data from those at the lake, that later went into town, also use corona app data and start to observe social media.

A lot of idiots will have boasted about their cool time in town, making other peoples life hell.
edit on 21.6.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: life, not live

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Lived in Germany for 4 years made some good friends but they are still convinced that we are essentially barbarians for clinging to things like the individual over the collective, the right to defend ourselves, freedom to say things others disagree with etc.

Folks would get seriously bent out of shape when I pointed out that Europe has the same problems we do, they are just better at pretending it doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Police will use the cellphone data from those at the lake, that later went into town, also use corona app data and start to observe social media.

A lot of idiots will have boasted about their cool time in town, making other peoples life hell.

Be good if that is the case. As it is, the criminals caught the Polizei with their pants down.

The Germans can muster all kinds of policemen to counter demonstrators . . . all I saw in the videos of this event were patrolmen in riot gear, alone or in pairs, facing off crowds of hostile people. Not a good moment for the notion of Ordnung.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Where was that, roughly?

The freedom of speech and gun culture is difficult to understand for some, was for me too until I read into the history of your country, then it makes sense that it is how it is.

Only real negative thing I ever heard was that Americans are loud. Only real life interaction I had was an American in a shop asking for a way description. He was friendly and open and a bit surprised I answered in English, although it must have sounded funny.

I think a lot of people here never met an American and are just going by the standard prejudices. However, I also saw some videos about Americans giving their opinions about Germans that does not make Americans look good in terms of what they know about other countries.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

It started from a two man patrol against hundreds of rioting. What you do not see is that around two hundred policemen were called into Stuggi asap, some arriving with helicopters. This was not a demonstration that went out of hand, nothing hinted towards it. A bit dishonest to talk about getting them with their pants down.

No one could have expected that. I myself heard some helicopters in the night so they activated some Eurocopters that are stationed near where I live.
edit on 21.6.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
They liberated some shoes I see.
Those young freedom fighters, everywhere trying to free merchandise from the slavery of capitalism.

Soon they will erect statues of said “freedom fighters” wearing the very Nikes they liberated. Ah history is healing.

Edit: these statues of our new “freedom fighters” sport trendy Che Guevara tee shirts.
edit on 21-6-2020 by ManSizedSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Ill freely admit most americans have never been more than like 20 miles from where they grew up and certainly never spent time over seas which leaves their opinion of other cultures in the hands of our putrid public education system.

we lived north of Achen about 30 mins drive in the tri border region fairly rural and for the most part we got along great with our neighbors.

Its not just Germans, about the only place we didnt get told how bad America is was in Ireland and Slovenia, though it was never a personal attack it was just their observations based off slanted reporting.

But every major city we visited I saw the same problems we have here in the states in the major cities, so I found it ironic when they would make their observations about us and they would get upset when I pointed out the failures in Europe in the major cities.
==================

On the main topic I will apologize for our failures to get control of the Mob, now the criminally inclined around the nations in the west will use our issues as justification to loot and pillage like in Stuttgart.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The glass is understandable since many keep walking in to it.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
You can blame the media after 9/11. I can still remember that pesky term world police going around when I was in Gymnasium (your College, pre-stage to University).

What I often see is that the ones that say things like above, they do not discern between the folk and the government. Just because the Bush and Obama administration did what they did, does not mean the people supported everything.

Something that cannot be denied is the huge amount of wars your country has fought though, since WW2. But that isn't the people either, it is politics and military industry lining their pockets.

===============
Back to topic, you do not need to apologize. This is why am on sites like this, commenting and sometimes just on the fence. Trends from the USA naturally swap over to us and it happens faster every year. Now it is around 1-2 months, if not instantly over night.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

A bit dishonest to talk about getting them with their pants down.

I'll disagree.

"Pants down" is fair IMO. The authorities launched an anti-drug action without understanding the organization and will to resist of those who they were going up against.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join