It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Lies and Claims Black Trump Supporter is a Protester

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Whats worse is CNN fully expected Carter wouldn't dispute their twisted reporting of him.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kent04

Where is the twisted report? Have you read it? Have a link?

I don't know....they guy is standing in front of a bevy of cameras. I don't know why he'd be surprised that his picture was used. He's wearing a politically themed shirt and holding a sign. He looks like he's there, been there for 5 days he says, to passionately exercise his first amendment right to free speech and peaceful protest.

I'd have to see the actual CNN report to make a judgment.

edit on 21-6-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Jeez that lady is # reporter she does not allow them to finish and interrupts several times. CNN lying is par for the course though.
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't know....they guy is standing in front of a bevy of cameras. I don't know why he'd be surprised that his picture was used. He's wearing a politically themed shirt and holding a sign. He looks like he's there, been there for 5 days he says, to passionately exercise his first amendment right to free speech and peaceful protest.

you are posting the answer to your question, CNN posted that picture to fool you into thinking that that person was protesting, the OP provided the video of the person, did you watch it?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

CNN posted that picture to fool you into thinking that that person was protesting,

He looks like he's protesting something to me. Are you saying that Trump supporters can't be considered protesters? What was on the signs he was holding? Aren't counter protesters still protesters?

the OP provided the video of the person, did you watch it?

I did. He seemed surprised that his picture was used to illustrate expected "unrest", as the chyron says, when it appears that he was obviously making his opinion heard for the cameras, at the time. The chyron claims that Tulsa is "bracing" for unrest, not that there was currently unrest, or that he was at the center of illicit unrest.

He gave an interview, not claiming to have been personally misrepresented as a protester, but to say that there was no unrest in Tulsa. IDK, in that picture, he doesn't look "rested" to me, he looks "unrested".

Unless someone posts a link to a story that misrepresents Carter's intentions while in front of the cameras, I'm not seeing any lies.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
All of the media in US is political driven... should be illegal.

It's always been political.

But two things, one, we have the Constitution, and two, you don't live here. Both of those are a plus for America.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

CNN posted that picture to fool you into thinking that that person was protesting,

He looks like he's protesting something to me. Are you saying that Trump supporters can't be considered protesters? What was on the signs he was holding? Aren't counter protesters still protesters?

the OP provided the video of the person, did you watch it?

I did. He seemed surprised that his picture was used to illustrate expected "unrest", as the chyron says, when it appears that he was obviously making his opinion heard for the cameras, at the time. The chyron claims that Tulsa is "bracing" for unrest, not that there was currently unrest, or that he was at the center of illicit unrest.

He gave an interview, not claiming to have been personally misrepresented as a protester, but to say that there was no unrest in Tulsa. IDK, in that picture, he doesn't look "rested" to me, he looks "unrested".

Unless someone posts a link to a story that misrepresents Carter's intentions while in front of the cameras, I'm not seeing any lies.

you sound like Juan Williams on fox news

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
CNN lost their credibility, a long time ago.

They no longer practice journalism. They are the radical left.

Careful with that verbiage. Google will soon start censoring any negative speech towards far left news organizations.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

1. Send e-mails to companies that advertise on CNN, letting them know that your family will not buy their products until they stop advertising on CNN. (Just a few a week. Don't overtax yourself, or you won't continue.)

2. Send an E-mail to AT&T letting them know how their Anti-America CNN unit also disgraces the AMERICAN Telephone and Telegraph (AT&T) brand.

AT&T already has to deal with my rants on a regular basis. They run their techs as if they own every property they step on. If I sent an e-mail or made a phone call ranting about this stuff, they’d just be over there saying “This is at guy from South Florida telling us how poorly we do our jobs again. Last time he said he was going to bill us for his employees hours, now he’s saying something about being anti-American. Who wants to deal with him?”

That’s not a bad idea, though. Just wish enough people would do it.

And while I believe the 1st Amendment is very important, what’s currently labeled as “news” needs to be designated “Entertainment”. The hard part is finding an actual, non-biased party that could be trusted to verify what is being broadcasted is also un-biased.

I’m certainly not alone in the belief that MSM is playing a very large hand in ripping this country apart. The ones who use the MSM to also carry out the divisiveness should all be held to the flame as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So Trump definitely lied then at the beginning of his speech.
Which I already knew since two of my friends attended for giggles.

So, like always you decide to ignore what was presented for what? Your attempt at continuing fake news? CNN seems to have taken down that article, but not before Carter was able to get a section of the article showing CNN latest fake news story.

From VERY FAKE NEWS: Black Trump Supporter Bruce Carter BUSTS CNN in Fake News Stunt in Tulsa (VIDEO)

BTW, your idols at CNN haven't posted anything about this story being false. But I am sure you will find some new excuse for ignoring how CNN, and other left-wing media, have been lying and keep on lying to you for almost 4 years now. But it seems that you don't care at all. Perhaps you like being lied to because that's the only thing you have to keep your "orange man bad" attitude.

edit on 21-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment and add link.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So Trump definitely lied then at the beginning of his speech.
Which I already knew since two of my friends attended for giggles.

LOL...oh boy... There were some people attempting to stop others from going into the stadium, and there were some protesters around with signs, but that is a far cry from "Tulsa braces for clashes" or the fact that CNN attempted to make a Trump supporter into a protester...

Ironic how you ignore the actual fake news and instead you make up another fake story to try to blame President Trump. You should quit your day job as a provocateur, you are not good at it.

edit on 21-6-2020 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

ROFLMAO...what are you now, CNN's poster boy? Are you part of their propaganda/fake news team?...

You put a photo of a man that appears to be angry, and yelling at people, and CNN's article proclaims "Tulsa braces for clashes, COVID-19 risk at Trump Rally" and you want to claim CNN wasn't lying when they used a TRUMP SUPPORTER and made him look like he was part of the protesters?...

You just admitted you don't care that CNN/your left-wing media keeps lying to you, and you will make up excuses for their lies. No wonder left-wing propaganda poster boys/girls like you keep falling for the lies your left-wing media and left-wing leaders have been telling you for what soon is going to be 4 years...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

You just admitted you don't care that CNN/your left-wing media keeps lying to you

He also just admitted that CNN's deception worked as intended.

He looks like he's protesting something to me.

Nice of you to admit their propaganda worked on you, sookie.

No one here is surprised.

Now keep pretending it wasn't a deception, even though you just demonstrated how effective the deception was. As someone stated earlier, you like being lied to so much you'll celebrate and defend them having lied to you.
edit on 22 6 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

ROFLMAO...what are you now, CNN's poster boy? Are you part of their propaganda/fake news team?...

You put a photo of a man that appears to be angry, and yelling at people, and CNN's article proclaims "Tulsa braces for clashes, COVID-19 risk at Trump Rally" and you want to claim CNN wasn't lying when they used a TRUMP SUPPORTER and made him look like he was part of the protesters?...

You just admitted you don't care that CNN/your left-wing media keeps lying to you, and you will make up excuses for their lies. No wonder left-wing propaganda poster boys/girls like you keep falling for the lies your left-wing media and left-wing leaders have been telling you for what soon is going to be 4 years...

4 years?

Try 140+
edit on 2262020 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yeah, but the lying has picked up pace since Trump announced he was running for POTUS. Since then it has only gotten worse. Around 90%, if not more, of the anti-Trump stories that MSNBC, CNN, etc have been posting/showing are all fake. The other 10% were/are exaggerations.

(post by MrSensible removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

C'mon now. If you truly believe that, then you are either being intentionally obtuse or you're fooling yourself.

Are you really saying that CNN was simply meaning "protest" in general and were not even attempting to elicit the idea of racial unrest protests that have been going on for several weeks? They used the word "clash", which is a word thrown around in the media a lot over the past few weeks to describe some of the rowdier BLM protests.

I mean, in this current climate, if they post a picture of an angry-looking African American at a Trump rally -- in Tulsa of all places -- with that caption about bracing for clashes, you'd think they would have HAD to realize that THIS image with THAT caption would cause their viewers to assume this man was protesting against Trump.

For you to try to convince people otherwise is like you trying to sell someone the Brooklyn Bridge.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Are you saying that man, who said that he had been out there for 5 days, was NOT protesting anything, while wearing his political shirt and hold some kind of sign,?
LOL

You just admitted you don't care that CNN/your left-wing media keeps lying to you,

No. I said that there was no lie there. Are you saying that Tulsa authorities were NOT preparing for clashes? That would be highly irresponsible of theme, don't you think?

edit on 26-6-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

C'mon now. If you truly believe that, then you are either being intentionally obtuse or you're fooling yourself.

What's not to believe?

CNN was simply stating the obvious.

edit on 26-6-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Box of Rain

What's not to believe?

CNN was simply stating the obvious.

But they were wrong. They made an assumption based on their own bias and ended up assuming a black man must equal angry Trump protester simply because he was black. CNN is guilty of painting all black people with the same brush, assuming they must all vote as a block rather than vote as an individual with individual ideas. They are also guilty of poor journalism by running with that assumption before checking it out for themselves (maybe they could have just asked the guy?)

Look, I'm no Trump supporter, but I am a supporter of treating people as individuals rather than lumping them into racial groups. CNN made an assumption about this guy based solely on the color of his skin.

But even forgetting that CNN mistakenly believes a person's skin color dictates their political ideologies (even though political ideologies are much more complex than race issues), there are larger problems resulting from the poor and unfair journalism CNN employed here. This time they happened to make the mistake against Trump, whom I don't support anyway. But what happens next election when CNN decides they don't like the candidate that I DO support and start making assumptions that result in mistakes that hurt MY candidate.

That's why fairness always is important -- no matter if I like the candidate or not.

Sure, when their mistaken reporting is unfair to Trump, it might be easy for me to overlook it and feel it was OK because I don't like Trump anyway. However, if I do that, then next time when CNN's (or any media group's) unfairness might go against MY candidate -- simply because they might see that as a way to pander to their audience to keep their ratings/revenue up -- I would have no right to complain.

tl;dr version: Systematic bias in journalism that leads to a mistake is not OK simply because the mistake went against a candidate I don't support.

edit on 2020/6/29 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join