It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First Electronic Pop Song

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

I am mostly an acoustic musician, and as such I am not as articulate about electronic instruments generally or drum machines specifically, but I am basically just an inveterate gear junkie.

Arturia makes several drum machines of which I'm aware, but the one I own is called DrumBrute. It's a nice machine that has a friendly user interface and is well-implemented for live performance (instead of strictly in productions), with real-time controls that make it a snap to do drum fills (versus, for instance, the 808, in which fills are programmed).

Might look into that, depending on what your situation is.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Now that was weird af.

Produced by Jeff Wayne, he of War of the Worlds no less.. Explains the creative mish mash of styles i suppose.
I got the vibe that he was trying to be different just for the sake of being different.

Interesting track though

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
On the subject of electronic music. This is from 1967

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellmutt

!!!! Years ahead of its time

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Time4Nostalgia

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

edit on 21-6-2020 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Time4Nostalgia

Then came Kraftwerk , formed in 1970 with this released in 74.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Electrionica overload, not listened to Tomita in ages.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Delia Derbyshire who constructed The Dr Who theme was an inspiration to Kraftwerk. A high honour indeed.

Also referred to as the “Godmother Of British Electronic Music”, her career inspired untold numbers of musicians – such as Aphex Twin, Orbital and Kraftwerk – and her music has been sampled by the likes of Pink Floyd and led to happenstance exploratory meetings with Paul McCartney and his idol sound maker Karlheinz Stockhausen (whose image appeared on the cover of Sgt Pepper). A purveyor of electronic music, Sir Paul even wanted this musical pioneer to remake “Yesterday” and his pursuit of this dream led to several borderline stalking episodes

niche-appeal.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight
Drool!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure when this is from, but it might be old. This compilation album was an unofficial release from 1990, but it was recorded much earlier. They started in the late '60s / early '70s, so it could be from back then.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join