It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just have to say...

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sad, shy girl here of 53 years old.  Sorry to hear of ATS's impending doom...such brilliant and intelligent minds here that I have enjoyed being in the presence of for years. Long forgotten are the days of aliens, paranormal and ancient civilizations...intelligent conversations, thought provoking conversations. It has been replaced with nothing more than condemnation and judgements of other people. People I don't even know personally. Condemning and judging. This is all I hear anymore. My friend, who is white, was almost attacked by a mob the other day while trying to give his black friend a ride. The mob automatically condemned and judged wrongly, a friendly gesture. Why are people so reactive?  Why are people automatically condemning and judging situations they have no business in?
I decided in my youth that to conquer prejudice was not to acknowledge it, to treat everyone as a human that just wants happiness in their own way and to be respectful of that. Have I ever been prejudiced against? Yes, and in that moment I knew their prejudice was only fear. Fear of what, I don't know. That was for them to figure out, not me. I could only handle the situation as delicately as I could and leave. That was years ago of course and not a reflection of how things are today.
I think it was Einstein who said, you can't solve a problem at the level of consciousness it was created...or something like that. We must all rise above this level of madness to create harmony in our own community. Be the change you want to see. A small spark can turn into a big fire. That's the only solution I can think of to help our poor world.
No responses needed, I just felt the need to say my peace. Stay safe, stay well and thank you again for years of learning from such wonderful people.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Doesn't it look better now ?

You know ATSers, we don't read walls of text. Nothing wrong you said sister.

originally posted by: Clinicallyinsnae
Sad, shy girl here of 53 years old.  Sorry to hear of ATS's impending doom...such brilliant and intelligent minds here that I have enjoyed being in the presence of for years.

Long forgotten are the days of aliens, paranormal and ancient civilizations... intelligent conversations, thought provoking conversations. It has been replaced with nothing more than condemnation and judgements of other people. People I don't even know personally. Condemning and judging. This is all I hear anymore.

My friend, who is white, was almost attacked by a mob the other day while trying to give his black friend a ride. The mob automatically condemned and judged wrongly, a friendly gesture. Why are people so reactive?  Why are people automatically condemning and judging situations they have no business in?

I decided in my youth that to conquer prejudice was not to acknowledge it, to treat everyone as a human that just wants happiness in their own way and to be respectful of that.

Have I ever been prejudiced against? Yes, and in that moment I knew their prejudice was only fear. Fear of what, I don't know. That was for them to figure out, not me. I could only handle the situation as delicately as I could and leave. That was years ago of course and not a reflection of how things are today.

I think it was Einstein who said, you can't solve a problem at the level of consciousness it was created...or something like that. We must all rise above this level of madness to create harmony in our own community. Be the change you want to see.

A small spark can turn into a big fire. That's the only solution I can think of to help our poor world.
No responses needed, I just felt the need to say my peace. Stay safe, stay well and thank you again for years of learning from such wonderful people.

edit on 20-6-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Sad, shy girl here of 53 years old.  Sorry to hear of ATS's impending doom...such brilliant and intelligent minds here that I have enjoyed being in the presence of for years. Long forgotten are the days of aliens, paranormal and ancient civilizations...intelligent conversations, thought provoking conversations. It has been replaced with nothing more than condemnation and judgements of other people. People I don't even know personally. Condemning and judging. This is all I hear anymore. My friend, who is white, was almost attacked by a mob the other day while trying to give his black friend a ride. The mob automatically condemned and judged wrongly, a friendly gesture. Why are people so reactive?  Why are people automatically condemning and judging situations they have no business in?
I decided in my youth that to conquer prejudice was not to acknowledge it, to treat everyone as a human that just wants happiness in their own way and to be respectful of that. Have I ever been prejudiced against? Yes, and in that moment I knew their prejudice was only fear. Fear of what, I don't know. That was for them to figure out, not me. I could only handle the situation as delicately as I could and leave. That was years ago of course and not a reflection of how things are today.
I think it was Einstein who said, you can't solve a problem at the level of consciousness it was created...or something like that. We must all rise above this level of madness to create harmony in our own community. Be the change you want to see. A small spark can turn into a big fire. That's the only solution I can think of to help our poor world.

You have a great thought process and yes many more people need to adopt this attitude

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
where were these sentiments these last 3 years?

we just watched as the country spiralled into what is today in 2020... we ALL chose sides and 'forgot' about humanism.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
where were these sentiments these last 3 years? we just watched as the country spiralled into what is today in 2020... we ALL chose sides and 'forgot' about humanism.

Clinicallyinsnae joined 9-2-2020 (which is a future date) a time travel lurker.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Clinicallyinsnae

The mob automatically condemned and judged wrongly, a friendly gesture. Why are people so reactive?  Why are people automatically condemning and judging situations they have no business in? 

My guess is because the Twatter in chief has successfully wound the population into a frenzy, there was always smoke, now there is a fire burning out of control.
edit on 20-6-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well miss shy lady, I hope I get the chance to know you better!
I agree with your post.
We need more love right now.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The mob automatically condemned and judged wrongly, a friendly gesture. Why are people so reactive?  Why are people automatically condemning and judging situations they have no business in? 

My guess is because the Twatter in chief has successfully wound the population into a frenzy, there was always smoke, now there is a fire burning out of control.

Boom, there it is again, exactly what OP was talking about.

Please, put a sock in it just for one day.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

Boom, there it is again, exactly what OP was talking about.

Please, put a sock in it just for one day.

Trying to censor me now, well Mr bigly, ain't gonna happen.

I'm sorry you don't like me pointing put that America is burning to the ground under the orange idiots inept leadership, truth hurts and all that, anyhow here have a cookie

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I decided in my youth that to conquer prejudice was not to acknowledge it, to treat everyone as a human that just wants happiness in their own way and to be respectful of that.

My sentiments exactly.......

*respect* I have noticed a lack of it over these past few years and

it seems to be getting worse.

There is so much talk of loving everyone even an enemy? and yet they cant

even respect them!!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Hmmmnn.......

Same thing happening in the UK, so how do you account for that?

He's NOT OUR PRES.

edit on 21-6-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I've only ever heard of one good leader in our modern world and that's this guy.
The U.K the U.S, Australia were all in the same boat with holes and sinking.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I'm not trying to censor anyone, I'm just fed up with people injecting politics into everything at every opportunity.

Commemts like yours are the cancer of ATS.

It's nothing personal mate,

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I'm not trying to censor anyone, I'm just fed up with people injecting politics into everything at every opportunity.

Sure and whiny little prats like yourself make it so much better.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I keep seeing/reading ^^^^this^^^^

But doesn't politics in one way or another infringe on all parts of all our lives?

And that's why they are of importance......

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sure and whiny little prats like yourself make it so much better.

Lol

top topics

join