It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which side are you on? I choose side human

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thank you ATS member Midnightstar for the gentle reminder of who we are and what truly matters. They posted the follow up video to this one of people selflessly doing what humans do every single day; put themselves in danger to help others. I can only speak for myself but I am beyond sick of partisan bickering and being pushed to one side or the other. ENOUGH GOD DAMN IT! We are all just people, fragile and dependent from birth on others for everything in life. No man is an island nor do we accomplish anything alone. We are but part of a genetic chain reaching back millions of years while also reaching for the stars.

Before grabbing a protest sign, a baseball bat or a gun how about reaching for a human hand first? Now more than ever people need help and emotional support. We need to dream again and restore our faith in our fellow man. Watching people throw themselves in to danger to help others just completely broke me and left me in tears. I feel immensely better for it and maybe it can help you as well.

I'm joining Team Human and everything else is just noise. That is my politics, my philosophy and my religion.

edit on 20-6-2020 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It’s in those tragic yet potentially precious moments — we find out what we are truly made of.

TEAM HUMAN!

ALL lives matter!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
did you mean to post this in the rant forums?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Thank you for this.
Enough with the hate, the dividing labels! Dividing borders!
There are wonderful humans in every shade of whites tans blacks browns yellows reds and some like me that are just all patchy and liver spotted of various hues!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Definitely! It's my personal frustrations all wrapped up with a bow.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Definitely! It's my personal frustrations all wrapped up with a bow.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   

you're on the right side. I echo your words.

let me ask you, can you remain on this side in the good time and the bad times,
side with humans on food, education, healthcare, and living in humane conditions , will you side with the humans in times of war? in times of social conflict?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I don't know if they will let me back on the human side. I've been categorized as a "people like you" for so long, Ive become comfortable in that position.

Do I have to fill out any forms to get back on the human side? Will I need to audition?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Nothing to learn, nothing to prove.
In fact forgetting and forgiving a lot of garbage may be necessary.
You have always been very human from your posts I've read.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

If this isn't the right side I'm too old to figure it out in this lifetime.
Better luck next go round for me perhaps?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: odzeandennz

If this isn't the right side I'm too old to figure it out in this lifetime.
Better luck next go round for me perhaps?

Next go round or does it just go round? I lifetime to know...an end for the show.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
We ALL already know Humanity is a loving caring compassionate force …. we ALL KNOW that a small number of trouble makers are causing Global Strife...and like with any Family we have now taken enough # and are kicking the troublemakers out of the House....before they shatter the whole Family to pieces....once we remove the brainwashing Fake News and media infections and separate Corporate and Private money from the development and evolution of our Global realtime Reality....then things will stabilise ultra-quickly.

This is an extremely small number of Global Anti-Humanitarian Terrorists who believe they are above We the People....that they can exist on a level all their own over and above our recognised reality and treat us like Livestock or with less compassion than that.

This is the equivilant of a thorn in an Elephants big Toe.....once we pull it out....we will build a new healthier Global Norm in no time at all.
edit on 21-6-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Its all cause and effect.

Because people are going out rioting and calling for defunding police and sanctuary cities.

Normal people are going to be effected and people wbo never want to cause trouble are forced to handle the sub par humans.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
A politic for each individual.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   

my ultimate loyalty lies with :

team poo flinging munki

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
History is filled with dictators who ruled with an iron fist, bringing untold suffering to their subjects. Of course, that is not true of all rulers. Some may have the best of intentions for their fellowmen. However, once they are in power, they often find that their efforts are frustrated by infighting and power struggles. Or they may abuse their power for personal gain, to the detriment of the people. “History is a tale of efforts that failed, of aspirations that weren’t realized,” said former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

The Bible also points out: “It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.” (Jeremiah 10:23) Imperfect humans lack the necessary wisdom and foresight to manage all their own affairs successfully. If people cannot direct their own steps, how can they direct the steps of a nation? Can you see why human rulers do not have the ability to eliminate suffering? In fact, more often than not, bad government, or rulership, is the cause of suffering!

“By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves,” said Jesus.​—John 13:35.

Religious leaders of every creed and denomination preach love and unity. The reality is that they have failed to instill in their followers a love strong enough to eliminate biases. Rather than helping to cultivate love, religion often contributes to the division, bigotry, and strife among peoples and national groups. In the conclusion of his book Christianity and the World Religions, theologian Hans Küng wrote: “The most fanatical, the cruelest political struggles are those that have been colored, inspired, and legitimized by religion.”

“Each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin.”​—James 1:14, 15.

All of us, because of inherited imperfection, are prone to errors and mistakes and have to fight against the desire for “doing the things willed by the flesh.” (Ephesians 2:3) When wrong desire coincides with opportunity, however, the battle can be especially challenging. If we give in to hurtful desire, the results can be devastating.

Author P. D. Mehta wrote: “A vast amount of suffering is due to our own lust, to our feverish pleasure-seeking and self-indulgence, to our greed and our ambition.” Cravings and addictions of all kinds​—alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex, and so on—​have ruined many “respectable citizens” and have brought suffering to their family, friends, and others. In view of mankind’s imperfect nature, I have to agree when the Bible says: “It is plain to anyone with eyes to see that at the present time all created life groans in a sort of universal travail.”​—Romans 8:22, The New Testament in Modern English, by J. B. Phillips.

The Bible reveals that Satan is “the god of this system of things” and that he is joined by powerful wicked spirits called demons.​—2 Corinthians 4:4; Revelation 12:9.

Like Satan, the demons are actively engaged in controlling and misleading people. The apostle Paul acknowledged this when he said: “We have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.”​—Ephesians 6:12.

Some two thousand years ago, the Bible foretold: “Know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here.”

Pointing out what makes the times critical, it goes on to say: “For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, . . . having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God.” Surely a key reason for all the suffering we see today is that we are living in “the last days.”​—2 Timothy 3:1-4.

In view of the factors here considered, is it not clear why humans are unable to put an end to suffering, despite their good intentions? Where, then, can we turn for help? We must look to our Creator, who has promised to “break up the works of the Devil” and his followers. (1 John 3:8) The following article discusses what God will do to eliminate all causes of suffering:

The End of Suffering Is at Hand!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
To be clear my comment was towards organized religion which always becomes an institution and is corrupted by men. Personal religion is another matter entirely, each of us has the right to worship in the manner we wish. For a long time I was anti-religion until I began to understand what a world without it would be. We need codes of agreed behavior and the 10 commandments is a good basis for society, other religions have similar rules for society. Today we are seeing the result of those raised with no rules for social interaction.

History is full of superb examples of religious architecture (including the pyramids?) philosophical and scientific advances and charitable work that would not have happened without it. We all know of the excesses like the inquisition, the massacres in the New World, the crusades etc etc but we should also learn what has been done right by religion through history.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Just for clarification. Being human is not a side. It's a
'whole'.

As soon as you pick a side you'll become less than 'whole'.

Sorry for my Dumbass intrusion 😂

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Why's that dude carrying the waterproof boots lady through 2 feet of water?
Photo op?
Sorry, just noticed it on the screencap of video.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Not sure but looks like some of the rescues going on in Texas after a hurricane.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join