It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You ATS. . .

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
To say that this beautiful and humble little gem that we like to call AboveTopSecret — or “home” for short — has helped shape and define the man I am today, would be a massive understatement. How it manages to stay relatively hidden after all these years is a wonder in itself. So to hear the sad news of its inevitable demise is truly heartbreaking — I guess all good things do come to an end.

*Wipes tear*

Some of you may remember me. I used to wander around these woods once upon a time not too long ago (in fact, it’s the only place I wander in this vast universe we call The Interwebz). I fought in many battles — The scars that paint my entire body I will wear as a badge of honor. I was fortunate enough to meet some amazing people — most of whom I will cherish for the rest of my life and beyond. Even made some enemies — all of which I still consider my family and am forever grateful for their presence. Because if I’m being completely honest, it’s you folks that made me who I am today, so thank you. Okay, maybe “enemies” isn’t the correct word. I also managed to drop a few pearls along the way too — for those who were in search and maybe even more importantly, for the ones who didn’t even realize they were looking. There’s no shame, we are all on this journey together. I even accidentally and unintentionally stumbled into some sort of a gatekeeper role for a short period of time — hello trolls and “new” members!

Oh I love you ATS, thank you for everything.

*Wipes tear*

I know farewells are forbidden, so this isn’t goodbye, this is a see y’all later on the other side — where ever that may be (and psst... if you know where the other side is, please let a brother know). Truth be told, I never actually left. I just crawled back into my cave for what I believed at the time was “forever”. Hm.. I guess nothing does last forever. Sorry, but I’m riding this thing out til wheels fall off or I run into the dreaded 404 sign — whichever comes first.

But until then it’s ... LONG LIVE ATS!!!

*Crawls back into cave*

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Nope! It ain’t time for goodbyes.

There is hope! And YOU can be a part of it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where is the fight? NEVER give up!

edit on 20-6-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The future is not set in stone yet.
I agree with your sentiments entirely however.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
The future is not set in stone yet.
I agree with your sentiments entirely however.

The first thing when I wake up every morning is go to ATS. Combined with a fresh coffee, it gets me ready to battle everyday.

I know my brothers and sisters will alert me of any new situation that happened while I was sleeping. ATS is not a website, ATS is the people of ATS. A new ATS will come, I'll call it The ATS Nation.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The cynic that I have evolved into over the years feels like saying that we all know the truth. Money is everything, the only thing in our world that matters and that, because of this, things don't seem very promising.

But deeper down, the optimist I once was still exists and he keeps whispering that if love has any power at all then not only does ATS have a chance, but it may well come out of the other side of this situation a better place than it has been for quite awhile.

If nothing else this situation has given us all, here, a much needed commonality. Something we all want to stand together to protect.

Regardless of what happens, that's the takeaway I am choosing to keep close to my heart. The fact that in the face of this we stood together, as a single group with a single goal.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Heff.. you are the best. Your posts always touch me deeply.
I wish you well wherever you may be.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Well stated knowledge hunter! I have enjoyed your posts on the site. Farewell everyone! Maybe we will meet again out there somewhere. You all are awesome!

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

We ARE trying to save this place.

Due to obvious factors, the effort was taken to a private site.

MANY stated / pledged to help. However, we’ve only had 8 people show up (but it’s only been about 24 hours).

PLEASE, if you are one of the people that wants to see this place survive — PM Flyingclaydisk. He has been gracious enough to spearhead this endeavor. As if this man didn’t have any time to begin with...

posted on Dec, 19 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Where the Fu$k is ATS going?

what did I miss?

how long do we have left?

top topics

join