It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens EMP Attack On United States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

Emps are not as major a threat as many make it out to be. I saw one study say 90 percent of our electric grid would be fine. ironically electric companies did the right things for the Many substations the backbone of our electric grid would survive because the control stations are in metal housings. Also Power companies have what’s called a black start plan, which targets specific substations and uses exterior equipment to jumpstart them. As long as that equipment stays safe, it can help get the grid back on its feet in a blackout. They are also currently working on emp resistant housing for sub stations to make it even harder to knock out the electrical grid. As far as computers depending on where they are stored will tell you how much damage they receive. Many large corporations would be unaffected because the buildings themselves become faraday cages.

So the threat to possibly disrupt life in the US for a couple of months worth being nuked over?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Hopefully this does not happen a very good book of what can happen afterwards was one second after.

edit on 20-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Where is the link to original source article in the OP? I don't see any clickable links.

I don't believe this for one second. China knows that any preemptive strike on CONNUS would trigger retaliatory strikes from US, a large number from submarines operating in/around the Pacific that would rein down nuclear fire in a matter of minutes. This type of situation is no different than MAD doctrine that counter-balanced US vs USSR for so many years during the Cold War.

Not a very compelling post TBH.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Knock out their best customer? Right.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Ah is in the Sun also. I wanted to find a link lol.

BLACKOUT China plotting Pearl Harbor-style surprise EMP attack on US that would kill hundreds of millions, expert claims

www.the-sun.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is what I have been saying for the longest time that is our number one biggest existential threat. IF TRUE and this did occur it does not matter on our strike capabilities. We, as citizens will be done. After one year 90% of pop will pass. It would take upwards of 10 years to fix the grid and guess WHO WE GET ALL OF OUR GRID COMPONENTS FROM?? China.... Is that the all time dumbest things you have ever heard in your life that we allow this and have ignored it for decades? It’s as IF SOMEONE WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN. Listen to “pull up a pew podcast” interview with Dr Peter Pry. (Yes, it’s my own cast, but I make no money from it. All for public info.) He is the nations foremost expert and creator of legislation to spend the few hundred million dollars (pennies) to harden the grid. Many would be surprised that LOCAL POWER COMPANIES in certain states have already hardened their grid and made it able to work separated from the national grid. Mississippi I believe is one state that has areas that have done this already. They will go from one of the poorest states to THE WEALTHIEST state in the country in 5 minutes if this occurred. As well as the others (sorry can’t remember off hand who has done this, but you can easily look it up)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why ???

Nobody would win anything by starting a big war like this.

Except for the forces working to see humanity end...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

War Plan Red i think.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-6-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is a reason that every military in the world has a division that has some variation on the name "Plans and Operations". Of COURSE China has plans for an EMP attack on the US. They'd be stupid not to. We have plans for nuclear and EMP attacks on China. Russia has them on both China and the US, and on and on. You don't get attacked and suddenly come up with the plans to defend yourself, any more than you don't plan preemptive strikes on potential enemies.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There are even plans for alien invasion and zombie apocalypse type scenarios.

These think tanks like to cover all the bases, after all, its what they are paid to do, is it not?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Well , you see , the CCP just Effed Up Again . You Do Not Telegraph Intentions of War because your Enemy will be Prepared for them .

Don't Any of those Chicoms Read their Own History Books ? Geez.........

"围魏救赵" - Surround Wei to rescue Zhao.
When the enemy is too strong to attack directly, then attack something he holds dear. Know that in all things he cannot be superior. Somewhere there is a gap in the armour, a weakness that can be attacked instead.
In other words, you may try to attack the relatives or dear ones of the enemy to weaken him psychologically.

No, I think this is just like Reagan announcing "star wars", get your opposition to panic, without so much as lifting a finger.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Exactly. These groups work everything from balance of forces, to weapons, to war games. They get paid obscene money to tell us a lot of things we already know.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes , the Paper Dragon is just Spewing Hot Air to Mask their Inadequacies in Combat Experience and Planning . They are getting good at the Art of the Ruse though ........

edit on 21-6-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I've got plenty of ammo and guns. I may not have prepared with food, but i am certain i won't starve. There are literally tens of thousands of deer living in the neighborhood, and plenty of rabbits, etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Link? Or what is ATS dead already?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well , you see , the CCP just Effed Up Again . You Do Not Telegraph Intentions of War because your Enemy will be Prepared for them .

www.thesun.co.uk...

Did a search and the above appears to be the source

Campaign group the EMP Task Force on Homeland and National Security released the paper which details the threat that it warns could come in the form of a nuclear strike from space.

Dr Pry - who was chief of staff on the Congressional EMP Commission - is calling on the White House to do more to protect the power grid and other critical infrastructure.

The expert also worked as an advisor to the House Armed Services Committee, and is a former intelligence officer with the CIA.

The EMP Task Force on Homeland and National Security is a non-governmental organisation dedicated to raising awareness of the threat posed by such weapons.

Maybe Dr Pry is looking for a Pentagon contract to keep writing?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
that is why we have subs locked and loaded 8 days a week.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Isn't this the reason POTUS nationalized the power grid some months ago?
Hardening the electrical grid infrastructure against attacks?
And then there's the Space Force.
Didn't they just announce their "Space Shield" going live?
I think preparedness is well under way.
Do you have your electronics in Faraday Cages yet?

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Post your source for this information. Without a source we cannot properly evaluate its merit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join