It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens EMP Attack On United States

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

China plotting Pearl Harbor-style surprise EMP attack on US that would kill hundreds of millions, expert claims

EMPs use low-yield nuclear weapons detonated in the atmosphere to create a wave of energy that fries electronic equipment and may knock out the power grid.

With no power, the nation would be plunged into chaos which could lead to rioting and famine - potentially killing millions.

What is everyones thoughts on this? It's very new information it seems and is still being looked into from what I can tell.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If true, time to rock and roll!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
They know we would retaliate with nukes and destroy Bejing if they did that. That's a non-starter.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

not the first time china has threatened the U.S. with a nuke or something else won't be the last. and they won't attack with nukes or emps, they know better.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Why ???

Nobody would win anything by starting a big war like this.

I call BS

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Source?

Assuming the claim is real, it's not really all doom and gloom. If memory serves me right, Russia said something similar in the 90's when we were shafting them after the fall of the USSR. I believe there was a comment from one of them along the lines that just because they were in economic ruin, it didnt mean they were defenseless or incapable of being an offensive force. They then eluded to the use of a nuke detonated far higher than usual to crest an EMP.

As another member posted though, it would be insane. We still have strike capabilities if we were hit with an EMP. We could still strike if our mainland was destroyed.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well , you see , the CCP just Effed Up Again . You Do Not Telegraph Intentions of War because your Enemy will be Prepared for them .

Don't Any of those Chicoms Read their Own History Books ? Geez.........

"围魏救赵" - Surround Wei to rescue Zhao.
When the enemy is too strong to attack directly, then attack something he holds dear. Know that in all things he cannot be superior. Somewhere there is a gap in the armour, a weakness that can be attacked instead.
In other words, you may try to attack the relatives or dear ones of the enemy to weaken him psychologically.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Why would they do this?
What is their goal or desired outcome?

You do know that the USA would retaliate with everything left at their disposal as too would most of their allies.

Best case scenario would be WWIII fought on a scale never previously seen.
China's economy would be in ruins - as would the world's in general.
Millions dead.

Worst case scenario?
M.A.D.

I don't see how China could imagine coming out of this ok.

I suspect this is not true.....I certainly hope its bollocks.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
trying to get a bit of leverage in the trade issues is all this is..

They are not dumb they know they can make any claim and the press in the states will run it as Trump rushes towards WW3.

link   

meh...ill believe it when I see it.

I also doubt its a true threat,
or else Trump would have been posted it to twitter by now lol.

link   

You provided a quote without a source. Is this from some fringe blog or something? It wouldn't be in China's interest at all to do an EMP attack on the US. We're making their economy stronger by the day.
edit on 20-6-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Source?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I looked it up for everyone. It's from the sun tabloid. Non news.

Source
edit on 20-6-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
But, but, but??? Please fill in the empty spaces OP.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

My guess is the “expert” Dr Peter Pry wants to sell his new book on EMP’s.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Seems unlikely to me.

China’s plan is to destroy America from within by fostering unrest using their influence they have built up in corporate and academic circles.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Thanks for the source.

It seems its some 'expert' pointing out the USA is vulnerable to such an attack and that China might consider an EMP attack in the future instead of a nuclear strike or conventional warfare.

A vested interest seeking government funding?

I'm certain the USA is aware of such a possibility and has been working on counter measures and/or prevention for quite some time now.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The US has war plans for Canada. Doesn't mean we'll do it, just that we have a plan for if it happened. Probably not a good plan either, I've seen the grand plans my nation's employees enact.... They're dumb as sh**.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Now we know why China has built all those "ghost" cities.They have been preparing for this moment in time for decades,and there is no chance to stop what is coming.Since the end of the cold war the west has been sitting on it's laurels,becoming more decadent and corrupted by luxury and "progressive philosophy",as each year passes.

China's "century of humiliation" at the hands of the west has drawn to a close,and they are ready to deal us a world of pain and humiliation in return.Corporations,chasing the the cheap labour markets of China abandoned Industry in their own countries to satiate the hunger of stockholders,and the all consuming monster that is the stock market.

The West became addicted to cheap plastic crap much like the Chinese became addicted,and overwhelmed by British opium from India back in the 19th century,except in this case the addiction is world-wide,and will bring about a collapse not seen since the late bronze age.

China,has had all this planned out,and the wu-flu just hastened their plans.It was no mistake they didn't report covid-19 earlier,as it let the Communists steal the march on the rest of the world.

Make no mistake,we ARE at war but are being REACTIVE,and not PRO-ACTIVE to the many battle fronts China has opened around the world.The west is weak and ineffectual and China is capitalizing on this to position itself,not as a dominant world power,but as the ONLY world power.They seek to dominate ALL resources,From the glaciers in Tibet that feed water to many rivers in Pakistan and India,to farmland in Australia and many other rare resources in Africa and Asia.

2020 will be a year that future historians will dissect over and over again to see where we went wrong.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Cygnus_Hunter because: speeeelling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join