It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You... All

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Two hours a day on average.
Three hundred and sixty five days a year.
For ten years.

So three hundred and four days..?

I don't know I've never been good at maths...

I'm not English but after hearing Paul Bettany explaining on the DVD directors commentary of the movie "a knights tale"
That Americans do mathmatic but the English do mathematics..I cannot type or say it any other way.

But I digress, I'm trying to make a point here..

So three hundred and some odd days I've spent perusing this library of madness.

That's a good rough guess as to how much of my lifetime I've spent reading and posting to this site..

But this is not a thread to lament, or to think of ways to keep our beloved digital home open..

I made this thread to thank the 3 Amigos for building this wonderful site, and to thank the Mods for trying to keep it clean.
And to thank all of you members for providing literally a decade of entertainment,information, and mental stimulation to my easily distracted self.

There is no other place like this on the net, and that's a direct result of all of the above.

So I post this in hopes others will feel the gratitude and the love...

And say,

THANK YOU OWNERS!

THANK YOU MODS!

And THANK YOU TO OUR MEMBERS!

Sincerely,
~joe

Ps. I'm also bad at mathmatic...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

And say,

THANK YOU OWNERS!

THANK YOU MODS!

I second that!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Yeah.

Thanks everyone.

Really.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Nice post.. Yes thank you Three Amigos and Mods.

To Skeptic Overlord, sorry for all the grief you have received and for all of your time taken up since you made the thread about the potential closing of ATS. I appreciate all the time and effort you and the rest of the Amigos have put into creating ATS and keeping it alive. I sincerely hope you all made some money in the process. Not that it matters, but I fully support whatever decision you chose or have to make about the fate of ATS. If it stays open then great, and if it needs to be shut down then that is life. I just really wanted to take an opportunity to thank you and apologize for some of the members on here and their negative comments. Just know that most of the members on here support you and appreciate what you have created.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Same here except for hospital time

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well said, Mike.

OWNERS...MODS...MEMBERS...I've come to think of you all as the family I would never want to live with...but love.
ATS was enriching in so many ways....and I thank you all for the experience of getting to know you and share some time together everyday.

I'll really miss you.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes, thank you to everyone who has made this site what it is.
The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Mostly the good.
I have made some good friends here, and lost a few.
I have learned so much.
I have came here, and found out so much more than the news would ever tell me.
Members have proven so much more reliable than the news, for information.

I wish you all nothing but happiness, and hope to continue to the journey, with you all, in some form.

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
Two hours a day on average.
Three hundred and sixty five days a year.
For ten years.

So three hundred and four days..?

I don't know I've never been good at maths...

I'm not English but after hearing Paul Bettany explaining on the DVD directors commentary of the movie "a knights tale"
That Americans do mathmatic but the English do mathematics..I cannot type or say it any other way.

But I digress, I'm trying to make a point here..

So three hundred and some odd days I've spent perusing this library of madness.

That's a good rough guess as to how much of my lifetime I've spent reading and posting to this site..

But this is not a thread to lament, or to think of ways to keep our beloved digital home open..

I made this thread to thank the 3 Amigos for building this wonderful site, and to thank the Mods for trying to keep it clean.
And to thank all of you members for providing literally a decade of entertainment,information, and mental stimulation to my easily distracted self.

There is no other place like this on the net, and that's a direct result of all of the above.

So I post this in hopes others will feel the gratitude and the love...

And say,

THANK YOU OWNERS!

THANK YOU MODS!

Sincerely,
~joe

Ps. I'm also bad at mathmatic...

I am gratefull that ATS took Moma2 and the NewAge Hockey System in from the cold.....I have enjoyed the ride....I have never experienced such a profound fountain of creative thought as I have experienced here....as far as you can reach to either side of the spectrum on ATS you could always find like minded thinkers.

I await the final word....and the first sign of herd migration.

Thank you to the Founders and Operators of this cerebral playground for your Passion Intentions Hard Work Commitment and Steadfastness during these times of Global duress and best wishes to all.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to: DBCowboy

Your like the tin man..

You'll be missed,but not most of all...

reply to: MRinder

Take a breath bro..

If any thing turning every sentence into its own paragraph is still easier to read than that wall of text...

But we are still on the same page so it's all gravy!

reply to: Plotus

After my surgery this website helped me keep my mind occupied and not dwell on what was done to me.

You all are really like family to me.. that's why I try hard to not be snarky or insulting, or sometimes I don't reply at all.. so I don't get sucked in to the insanity.

reply to: chiefsmom

Your posts are always a pleasure to read, I don't care if I agree or not.

reply to: one4all

Sir I hope you have that epic thread stored on a thumb drive some where.

It would be a shame if that pattern of thought and it's overwhelmingly wordy explanation were to be lost in the abyss..

That's a compliment,believe it or not.

reply to: IAMTAT

I have enjoyed Your well balanced stance on most issues, you really seem like an intelligent guy who earnestly calls them as you see them and it's not easy when the dynamic here can be so polarizing.

I appreciate the down to earth opinions you bring to the table seasoned with a wicked sense of humor.

I'm not saying your the scarecrow, but you too will be sorely missed my friend.

---at all-

I'm sorry I apologize for the delay in replying, I'm visiting my friend in New Hampshire for the weekend and I posted yesterday when he was helping his wife make dinner.

It must have taken me longer to compose than I thought because when I looked up after hitting enter I had a plate of barbecued goodies in front of me...

Anyway I'm going home tomorrow so if I don't reply again today you all know why.

/Atomic-Platonic-highfiber-cyber-Hugs

Respectfully,
And sincerely,
Joe

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I always liked your style...

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Joe, you will be among the few most missed by myself once ATS is no longer.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Wow, thank you, I just try to re-read every post I make before I hit enter, and think to myself if I didn't know me in real life, How would this post be taken.

I more often than not go back and change my wording to avoid unnecessary arguements or accidentally offending someone..(doesn't always work)

I ask myself if I wasn't anonymous on the internet would I still say that?

And if the answer is no.. I don't post it as is.

It's really that easy..

Thank You again for your kind words my friend.

Respectfully,
~joe

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I'm honored you feel that way bro, you are a good soul Blue,and my heart hurts when I think about what you've been through since losing the love of your life.

I also am an adult who lives with his parents, it's not always easy and as much as your pops aggravates you, you should also know he loves you in his way..

And that's more than a lot of people can say.

/Hugs Bro

And thank you for being you!

Sincerely,
~joe

new topics

top topics

join