It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Heads to Tulsa Amid Racial Unrest and Virus Fears - June 20 2020 8pm

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Today is an election day in my country, Serbia, even though we have over 90 new cases every day.

So as you see, politicians play with covid as it suits them

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Today is just a normal day in my state, Florida, a little over 4,000 new cases and 40 deaths.

There used to be this little skit that always asked if something is a good idea or bad idea. The way things are with the virus I think most people would say having a gathering of thousands of people indoors would be a bad idea and that has nothing to do with politics.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

a reply to: xuenchen

As you both seem to be the goto guys for Trump and have insider knowledge, can you confirm if the attendance was full or low, I live in the UK and was sleeping during the rally. I am seeing reports this morning it was half empty but that must be fake news right, as you stated they had requests for 1million tickets with an overflow area also required, was the overflow area abandoned like is being reported?

Thanks in advance for your truthful response
edit on 21-6-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Trump may be the only one to hold rallies during the pandemic.

In a week or two we will have a better understanding of how bad an idea that was.

Apparently Oaklahoma had a bit of a spike in Corona figures over the past week. Some of his staff have tested positive on the day, some of the event staff also tested positive. I'm pretty sure we can take an educated guess at what we are going to see...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:50 AM
link   

KPop Kids are claiming they pranked Trump by reserving tickets with fake numbers.

Funny if true.

They did, all organised by a 51 year old Grandma who was offended that Trunp chose the anniversary of "the single worst incident of racial violence in American history" which happened in Tulsa, to hold the rally...

Here is a link...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   

a reply to: BoscoMoney

If you are relying on MSM for info on Covid cases I feel sorry for you here let me introduce you to the wonders of the internet.
link

Oklahoma has less than 9000 cases after all this time. If it spikes in the next couple weeks it should show up as long as testing isn't slowed down.

That's the thing. We now know Trump has actively had slowing testing down. Let's say he slows testing down a little more in Tuscan from today, just to counter the coming storm...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: putnam6

C'mon now Kevin, no need to go there.

You called them stupid, surely you don't need me go to the way back machine and show you why I came to that conclusion ?

Well I'll admit ya got all the buzzwords down like you are good and brainwashed, do you have an original thought to offer?

So I called Democratic women in general stupid? In this thread? Elsewhere? Yea I'd have to see that, ya got a link? Not to mention I never thought I said anything memorable at all got to admit I'm kind of flattered...
edit on 21-6-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

a reply to: xuenchen

As you both seem to be the goto guys for Trump and have insider knowledge, can you confirm if the attendance was full or low, I live in the UK and was sleeping during the rally. I am seeing reports this morning it was half empty but that must be fake news right, as you stated they had requests for 1million tickets with an overflow area also required, was the overflow area abandoned like is being reported?

Thanks in advance for your truthful response

Attendance was lower than usual for 3 reasons. Here they are, in suppression-rank order. (IMO)

1. Threat of violence. Media did a decent job ginning up fear of violent protests. President Trump really cranked it up when he put out the Tweet saying Oklahoma would not be bullied by BLM/Antifa trouble makers. Then yesterday there were videos of rifle toting military and police arriving to town. I think most of those who were within driving distance decided Friday evening to stay home and watch.

2. The Media and Oklahoma health officials warned extensively about Covid-19 spread danger. I think that caused a lot of over age 60 Trump Supporters to stay home.

3. Since 90% of Trump supporters believe he will handily beat Joe Biden, they will commit to voting in November, but not to risking their life (even marginally) by attending a rally where Domestic Terrorists and Covid-19 might be present.

-cwm

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Not sure you can summarise the first 2 points and call it a 3rd, that's a play right out of the Trump playbook...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
The third point explains why there wasn't much determination to overcome obstacles described in reasons #1 and #2.

i.e. MAGA Wife: Honey maybe we should stay home if there are going to be riots.

MAGA Hubby: Yeah, might as well, since Trump's gonna kick Biden's azz in November anyway. We'll just watch it on FoxNewsChannel.
edit on 6/21/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: putnam6

C'mon now Kevin, no need to go there.

You called them stupid, surely you don't need me go to the way back machine and show you why I came to that conclusion ?

So I called Democratic women in general stupid? In this thread? Elsewhere? Yea I'd have to see that, ya got a link?

Yes you did, since you need the way back machine to explain to you your own posting history here you go...

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

1. Threat of violence. Media did a decent job ginning up fear of violent protests. President Trump really cranked it up when he put out the Tweet saying Oklahoma would not be bullied by BLM/Antifa trouble makers. Then yesterday there were videos of rifle toting military and police arriving to town. I think most of those who were within driving distance decided Friday evening to stay home and watch.

2. The Media and Oklahoma health officials warned extensively about Covid-19 spread danger. I think that caused a lot of over age 60 Trump Supporters to stay home.

3. Since 90% of Trump supporters believe he will handily beat Joe Biden, they will commit to voting in November, but not to risking their life (even marginally) by attending a rally where Domestic Terrorists and Covid-19 might be present.

-cwm

At no point in the build up to this rally did you suggest anything other than overflowing attendance, but now you are saying there was a media campaign to reduce attendance, can you show me your musings prior to the rally where you suggested the attendance would be low because of the reasons you are now stating?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Playing devil's advocate here Hope but my take from it is that Put was implying left women have hair on their chest. Which really says a lot about his level of intellect, after all what does political affiliation have to do with physical deformities? I've slept with Leftie women and Righty women and have only ever met 1 woman who had A hair growing out of her chest and I'm fairly sure she was non political...
edit on 21/6/20 by djz3ro because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It was HUGE, HUGE mistake by Trump for having rally in Tulsa. Tulsa have big spike covid-19 cases in last a couple weeks, much worse than March/April/May.

Tulsa spike cases

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The third point explains why there wasn't much determination to overcome obstacles described in reasons #1 and #2.

MAGA Hubby: Yeah, might as well, since Trump's gonna kick Biden's azz in November anyway. We'll just watch it on FoxNewsChannel.

I can see that having happened in some cases but the Right are the main ones leading the Covid-19-is-overhyped charge, this is seen by how very few masks there were in the crowd and lack of social distancing (despite plenty space to do so). I mean that's the very reason Trump has had his first rally and Biden has planned none yet?

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   

it's a bizarre conversation alright, but pretty much what I expect these days, a whole lot of backtracking, denial and outright lunacy.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: whiteblack
It was HUGE, HUGE mistake by Trump for having rally in Tulsa. Tulsa have big spike covid-19 cases in last a couple weeks, much worse than March/April/May.

Tulsa spike cases

I don't understand the mentality of one single person involved with that event, from those who set up, ran the thing and spoke to those who attended, they are pretty damn stupid.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Sources: The New York Times, Wikipedia.

LOL, okay buddy. Gold standard stuff there.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

I can see that having happened in some cases but the Right are the main ones leading the Covid-19-is-overhyped charge, this is seen by how very few masks there were in the crowd and lack of social distancing (despite plenty space to do so). I mean that's the very reason Trump has had his first rally and Biden has planned none yet?

Oklahoma has a little over 2255 active COVID cases in a population of 3.9 million people out of 10037 cases 7414 have already recovered. The threat here at least is being overblown by guess who? the media

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Not sure it was a media campaign, but apparently some trolls trolled the RSVP for the event. AOC has a tweet up about it, thanking "kpop fans" for faking a bunch of excitement to take up seats at the event.

The majority of the 1million+ that signed up aren't real people, or were children just messing with Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join