It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Defuse An Hostile Situation By Grown Assed Men.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think a lot times people get so wrapped up in the symbols that they forget the very thing it represents.

100%

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mystery_Lady
a reply to: Arnie123 Aslo the flag represents all the sweat, blood, and tears of everyone since this nation began. All the blood that was shed to start the nation. All the blood that was shed to protect the nation. All the blood that was shed to transform this nation to make all the citizens free. All the tears, sweat, and fights violent and non violent to get voices heard to elimate segeration. The flag represents sll the shameful moments, but also all the good moments that made this nation what it is. It represents us as a whole, not just one race, creed, or color. It reminds us of our mistakes, and what we need to do differently to avoid making them again. It reminds us how great this nation is. All of us have our freedoms, and freedom of speech. We are not under a dictatorship of iron fist controls of who can do or say what, and everyone lives in fear of their lives and the lives of their families from the government. The flag is a symbol of freedom of everyone's sweat, blood, and tears. This flag is a thank you to everyone who fought for, changed, and cared for this nation to make it as great as it is today.

To attack the flag is to attack what everyone did for this nation from Washington, Lincoln, to Rosa Parks. To me shamful.

I could not agree more, America Strong.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The thing that bummed me out the most about that video in the OP, it wasn’t that people were grabbing at the guy’s flag or hat. That doesn’t surprise me, so I while I don’t condone it and believe that man has every right to be there as anyone else while remaining unmolested, it comes off as more knee-jerk than anything.

What bums me out is that the guy walked straight to the memorial wall the same way someone would walk to a veteran’s memorial to pay respects and take in the situation and instead of asking the guy what he was doing there and what his goal was, several just couldn’t help but acting like idiots and displaying the same fascism they claim to be speaking against.

Occasionally in life, one situation can blow the breeze in a different direction. Hell, it happened in those 8 minutes where Floyd was murdered. But had someone just walked up and said, “Sir, I respect your right to be here the same as us. When you’re done reflecting, would you mind maybe talking with some of us and relating what you’ve gained from this experience?”, it could have been that conversation that we’re desperately needing right now to change the breeze in the direction we need to go in.

I know very few who dispute changes are needed, but treating that man in the fashion several people did is not the direction we need to be moving in.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That was one of the most #ing appalling videos I can recall seeing. A nonconfrontational man expressing his view without saying much of anything, but presenting the horrifying, hostile and aggressive imagine of the National Flag, the beloved Stars and Stripes.

That should win the award for most knee-jerk reactions to a nonaggressive stimulus ever affected in a ten-minute period.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: Spider879

BLM and Antifa domestic terrorist will not be happy until White people are being lynched in the streets and treated as 3rd class citizens.

As we have seen they getting closer and closer to their goal.

No they won't! , as far as I can tell many if not most white ppl by poling, approve of BLM at the moment, and Antifa are mainly made up of White anarchist..and BLACK LIVES MATTERS is not designated a terrorist org, but you had folks from the Klan tried to run over them protesting.... boo 👎

The majority of the white folks I know and work with are pro-BLM. As are most rational thinking Americans not brainwashed by right wing racist cultism.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

True. I found it pathetic, the number of people physically engaging him for simply walking around with his MAGA gear and flag, as is his right, even if his intent was provocation. But something felt staged about the whole thing.

That said, it's pretty pathetic that both sides have gotten to the point of such intolerance that someone simply with a different political point of view in their presence causes a physical altercation, and we've seen this with those on the right assaulting and punching protesters on the left.

Those who we disagree with can't even walk around and exercise rights without being violated by other of a different political persuasion?

Neither are right in their actions, but it speaks to the divisive volatile partisan situation that is infecting everything.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Really wasn't that bad. There was people protecting him. It was mostly white people trying to take off the flaf.

Plus, i seen on liveleak a mob go ape sh!t on a woman because she was believed to have teared apart a quran. Even though they found out later she didn't do it.

America has some issues, but it's still , by far, a first world country.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

True. I found it pathetic, the number of people physically engaging him for simply walking around with his MAGA gear and flag, as is his right, even if his intent was provocation. But something felt staged about the whole thing.

That said, it's pretty pathetic that both sides have gotten to the point of such intolerance that someone simply with a different political point of view in their presence causes a physical altercation, and we've seen this with those on the right assaulting and punching protesters on the left.

Those who we disagree with can't even walk around and exercise rights without being violated by other of a different political persuasion?

Neither are right in their actions, but it speaks to the divisive volatile partisan situation that is infecting everything.

Its not both sides. Its ONE side. It's the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
D b l
edit on 22-6-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   

youtu.be...
So back story pls klik the link above short vid,
A Trump supporter and counter demonstrator boldly walked into the lion's den of a bunch of Black Lives Matter supporters & liberally spiced with some anarchist types, the confrontation and back and forth was interesting to say the least, as the most confrontational or aggressive were the females of whatever race, the males played the part of highbrowness protesters of his person and property...klik and watch..

You must APPEASE BLM, like the POPE is doing here: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

youtu.be...
So back story pls klik the link above short vid,
A Trump supporter and counter demonstrator boldly walked into the lion's den of a bunch of Black Lives Matter supporters & liberally spiced with some anarchist types, the confrontation and back and forth was interesting to say the least, as the most confrontational or aggressive were the females of whatever race, the males played the part of highbrowness protesters of his person and property...klik and watch..

You must APPEASE BLM, like the POPE is doing here: twitter.com...

Appease them??... not against them that's for sure , even agree with their main stated focus , can they and are they annoying... yes! That's what protest is meant to do.
Wait the Pope I'sent appeasing BLM folks, those are a group of warring factions, from South Sudan, he is trying to stop the blood shed, by showing humility in the extreme, however Popes have had others kiss their rings and asses for 2000 yrs so what's a lil returned favor once in awhile, , and yes washing the stinky feet of the poor is also a Christian tradition..
edit on 22-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Add content

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Perfectly said. We are being influenced to endorse one side or the other, regardless of where our own views lie. I am not a fence sitter, but I also have opinions that don't properly agree with either side. It pisses me off. We used to be able to talk, discuss, debate, but no. Not any more, for the most part, because YOU MUST CHOOOOOOSE!

None of the above, because neither really honor the will of the people. Everybody has a voice. If my opinions are not in accord with the local population where I live, I am "other".

Human beings are a virus, and their thoughts are contagious.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
How about this. Vote Trump out and elect someone who doesn't deliberately inflame everyone he can possibly inflame.

The Left has done nothing but divide the country the past 4 years, much to Vladimir Putin's delight I might add.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

How about this. Vote Trump out and elect someone who doesn't deliberately inflame everyone he can possibly inflame.

The Left has done nothing but divide the country the past 4 years, much to Vladimir Putin's delight I might add.

Really Brian???.. if I remembered correctly it was wackos on the right beginning in Noverber 12yrs ago, even before Obama swore on the Kor...ahem! the bible, folks on the right decided he was a Muslim Commie , born in Kenya your boy Rush Limbaugh leading the charge, and it has only gotten worst since then, with both appropriate and inappropriate clap backs.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Sorry Brian , the above was meant for face.23785.
edit on 27-6-2020 by Spider879 because: Fix stuff.

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Really Brian???.. if I remembered correctly it was wackos on the right beginning in Noverber 12yrs ago, even before Obama swore on the Kor...ahem! the bible, folks on the right decided he was a Muslim Commie , born in Kenya your boy Rush Limbaugh leading the charge, and it has only gotten worst since then, with both appropriate and inappropriate clap backs.

Right, because the left was totally supportive of Bush.

The fact that you think division started when Obama got elected is embarrassing.

No matter where it started though, it has gone into overdrive since Trump got elected. And it has been nonstop coming from the left. Pushing fake stories that your president is a Russian asset is gonna divide the country.

Keep spinning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join