It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Defuse An Hostile Situation By Grown Assed Men.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
a reply to: Spider879

BLM is a supremacy group.

How so.??

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If symbols dont mean anything, why do we give trophies to everyone?

Ohhhh, I get it. What we have here is the "everyone gets a trophy " kids, all grown up. We raised them to not appreciate individuality. They do not appreciate struggle. They do not know struggle and they take everything for granted.

edit on 20-6-2020 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is the BEST thread ever what i see is dozens of people defending this mans right to ware a hat and hold a flag while a few JERKS harassing a man with a hat and flag .
Alot of poster will only see the Jerks But every time a jerk took the flag of took the hat another person gave him a new one Geee maybe we all are just people who want changes for the better as this thread shows .

Left right middle just people most good some bad who would have thought .
But dont expect many reply's as the the very very few radical right here will lose the left or democrats are all evil pedestal they have after all shouldn't these people helping the man be burning down the city ???

edit on 20-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Far Left DESTROYS Ulysses S Grant Now?? Fanatics Are Even Targeting Slave Statues, Its NOT About BLM

Seems BLM is being used a shield

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
I agree it is heartening to see people standing up for everyone's rights, even those you think you might disagree with. Notice who the most stubborn actors are in this 'drama'.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Grant owned slaves.
He was also a butcher but he won the war.
Ineffective and scandal ridden Presidency.
Spent his final days finishing his memoirs so as not to leave his family destitute.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Cultural Revolution ftw!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
good job LYSERGIC keep the hate alive .
100 people burn a flag or pull down a statue and they are all evil ok a 100 right come with guns and bats to a protest ergo all right are evil .
Or it just mite be some people no matter what side are just plan Violent .
It is easy to spot people who want to spread hate they pull down statues and some make replys with videos of a 100 ideats pulling down a statue then implys it all of one side not just 100 and how evil the other side is .
edit on 20-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Far Left DESTROYS Ulysses S Grant Now?? Fanatics Are Even Targeting Slave Statues, Its NOT About BLM

Seems BLM is being used a shield

Lots of different actors not all are on the same pg.
The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

We should try stopping for a mint and looking for the good its not hard to see either .
What side are any of these people on ? we will never know because helping each other has no side .

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Or we can post videos of people helping each other its not like on side or the other dont help others .

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

It's saddening to see how triggered people get over the US flag and the Constitution because without symbols nations fall apart. As Americans there must be a core group of symbols and values that we can all embrace or there will be no end to the violence and division.

I disagree. A symbol is just a symbol, a substitution for something. It’s not the thing and it’s for sure not as important. In fact it can be a bad thing, when people latch on to symbols so hard they forget the essence of what it represents. Case in point, the American flag.

I think a lot times people get so wrapped up in the symbols that they forget the very thing it represents.
I've said this before, leftist are TOO LITERAL and your post demonstrates that.
People attach meaning to symbols, it is , in essence, another form of Communication, any degree holder in Communications know the power of symbology and what it holds.
It is how we define something tangible in relation to the event.
The American flag represents our History, with which we became a nation and in under 200 years, rose to prominence to a degree so profound that we became the worlds greatest power and so one part of that symbolism is Nationalism.

However, the irony in your post shows that's exactly what happened to the typical liberal left. When progressive infected our schools in some heavy democrat states, they began stripping America of its name and so a generation of entitled spoiled brats suddenly became "woke" and "enlightened", lol.
Their obsessive hate for the flag and anything American is the result of the meaning lost upon them, trained and indoctrinated by their would be benefactors, who all but vye for a fundamental change to America as a whole.

To y'all, we've had our time and now it's yours and the rise of a progressive utopia 🤢🤮

Truth is, y'all are the numerical minority and I see MANY AMERICAN FLAGS EVERYWHERE and Americans who won't and don't put up with that.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Its heartening to see some stand up for this brave man. They are the true Americans and make me proud to be one. The others destroying the cities, as well as what they say they stand for, are pos.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Cultural Revolution ftw!

Maybe we do need a revolution, I would agree our bureaucracy has become bloated and corrupt. It delivers far too little at too great an expense. I don't think the basic system itself is flawed, it has survived over 2 centuries and provides the most freedom of any government known imo.

Cultural revolution doesn't require rioting, looting or arson. It is the domain of the humanities, art, music and literature. If it changes us at the level then we have been under a cultural revolution since the 1950s at least.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: highvein

a reply to: Bigburgh
I could say the same of the other side of the divide. Not to engage in shrill dismissals.

The hypocrisy is that they didn't want to let that man protest peacefully, but they yell they are just peaceful protesters.

Naaw hold up there pardner.. "Some" did not want that , others recognised his right to do so and protected or tried to just that.

Very few. The one's that tried to protect him had to pay him for his flag, because they knew what the mob was going to do.

Also, did you read the comment section?
edit on 20-6-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
How about this. Vote Trump out and elect someone who doesn't deliberately inflame everyone he can possibly inflame. And no. This is not a partisan post. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with having a Republican president. There is something wrong with Donald Trump's mind and the people who support him are either insane or so desperate they would support anyone with an R. So why not find another R who isn't completely crazy and hell bent on causing absolute chaos?

This man has turned this whole country into an endless episode of The Springer Show. Who needs that?
edit on 20-6-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I could say the same of the other side of the divide. Not to engage in shrill dismissals.

The hypocrisy is that they didn't want to let that man protest peacefully, but they yell they are just peaceful protesters.

Naaw hold up there pardner.. "Some" did not want that , others recognised his right to do so and protected or tried to just that.

Very few. The one's that tried to protect him had to pay him for his flag, because they knew what the mob was going to do.

Also, did you read the comment section?

Honestly I usually keep away from the comment section , they are usually vile and can't even be trusted as real honest comments not made by trolls.

And it's the few that usually made the difference between life and death in some cases.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   

That sounds familiar, we see each and every day here on ats, the right cries about being for freedom and tolerance all while denouncing their leftist counterparts as enemies of the state.

The left is no better, maybe it's simply time to admit that extremists are on both sides and are both prone to being manipulated by media.

Which would present as an obvious flaw to why picking a side is a fools endeavour.
edit on 21-6-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123 Aslo the flag represents all the sweat, blood, and tears of everyone since this nation began. All the blood that was shed to start the nation. All the blood that was shed to protect the nation. All the blood that was shed to transform this nation to make all the citizens free. All the tears, sweat, and fights violent and non violent to get voices heard to elimate segeration. The flag represents sll the shameful moments, but also all the good moments that made this nation what it is. It represents us as a whole, not just one race, creed, or color. It reminds us of our mistakes, and what we need to do differently to avoid making them again. It reminds us how great this nation is. All of us have our freedoms, and freedom of speech. We are not under a dictatorship of iron fist controls of who can do or say what, and everyone lives in fear of their lives and the lives of their families from the government. The flag is a symbol of freedom of everyone's sweat, blood, and tears. This flag is a thank you to everyone who fought for, changed, and cared for this nation to make it as great as it is today.

To attack the flag is to attack what everyone did for this nation from Washington, Lincoln, to Rosa Parks. To me shamful.

edit on 21/6/2020 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/6/2020 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join