It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left or right handed ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Are you left or right handed ? Did you have trouble in standard school grasping the learning being taught ?Have you made adaptions to live in a right handed world. Writing, throwing, catching, shooting a gun or rifle ? Do you think yourself gifted in the arts rather than the common interests of the public ? Logic, sciences, art, physics.... do they interest you, while things like sports hold little interest for you ? It is said, left handed, right brained.. do you think it true ?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Mainly left, but when I switched career paths it proved that what you can do with your left, you can do with your right, and the other way around. I can now write with both hands.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I first sat in one of the little school desks where you would slid into them and find a right handed arm rest upon which you could rest your arm for writing. I was left handed and had to hold my arm in the air in order to write. I was also tall which made that arm rest moot in either event.

Like wise, going even further into the past, the English language is printed from the left side of the paper to the right side. Finish a sentence and come back the the left and write another.

This always caused the graphite from the lead pencils to smear as a left handed person would attempt to balance their hands on the table top because there was no arm rest. This of course always made the paper look like a moron had printed it.

Same goes for the pens we used back in those days. Smeared ink across the paper as well as all over my left hand.

In high school I excelled in typing because it was neither right handed or left handed and as well it was the left hand that would push the lever to roll back the carriage to star another line.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Several sources I've perused over the years have suggested using the non-dominant hand, particularly in a common daily activity, as a technique to activate one's creative faculty. So, I made a habit of brushing my teeth left-handed. Everytime.

It works, too!

(I am creating the need for dentures.)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Im right handed but for some reason i trow , catch and do a lot of stuff better with my left hand.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Green Handled scissor kid here. Right handed people are overblown reptoidial primordial ooze.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I favor the right, but can use either hand for the vast majority of things. My writing is faster with my right hand and a little clearer, but it does not take much practice to get my left hand writing pretty good, but I have to think more with the left hand when I write stuff, it is automatic with the right.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Green Handled scissor kid here. Right handed people are overblown reptoidial primordial ooze.

Does that answer your question?

I don't like being called overblown, everything else is appropriate.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Leftie here, it was an advantage in Boxing.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'm actually 100% ambidextrous. Been that way from birth.

It just depends on what's comfortable for the most part.

I can draw, write, paint, throw, catch, shoot, eat, drink, and whatever else with both hands.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Lefty here, with loads of quirks.

So I'm predominantly left handed, but when it comes to playing guitar, using a computer mouse, even shooting, these all come naturally to the right, and I'm damned if i know why.

Also, what's the deal with using scissors? Seriously. They're two bypassing blades. Why is it then that when I try to use ones intended for righties i cut like a spaz?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
I'm actually 100% ambidextrous. Been that way from birth.

It just depends on what's comfortable for the most part.

I can draw, write, paint, throw, catch, shoot, eat, drink, and whatever else with both hands.

Same here, but there are things that each hand does better than the other. I use a compound bow better lefthanded by far. I shoot better right handed, but can do both if I dont mind expelled shells pelting me. In school I mainly used my right hand for ANYTHING having to do with pencil or things that can smear. It was just a practical choice. I draw better with my left though. My dad always took credit for me being so natural with both hands due to him promoting using both... but in reality I think I was just wired that way.

One weird thing that I noticed is I can write... print and cursive.. upside down. I also have different signatures with each hand.

When I was a kid.. teachers were different and culture was just different in some places. If you were a "leftie" the teacher would make you put your left hand in your pocket or hold a ruler with your left and do your work with your right. As if you can force how a brain is wired in that way.

Drawbacks?? Sometimes I dont know what foot to put forward first with some things or what hand to start something with. Like yesterday I was using a pickaxe to open up a blocked swale... didnt know at first if I should use the left or right forward. In the end I did some digging right forward and some left forward... so my muscle soreness is on BOTH sides of my back today. LOL!

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Lol, I can totally relate to all of that.

With most things that are designed to be used for right handed people I'll use my right hand. It is what it is.

With writing it really just depends on whatever hand is closest to a pen.

The most common issue I have with the whole ambidextrous thing is when I'm using both hands to do something, and find myself wishing I had more hands, because I'm using both of them, and don't have a free hand to grab anything else. Lol.

new topics

top topics

join