It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for ATS on Google

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

So there are consequences for saying things that you don't agree with.

Sounds authoritarian to me.

That's life. There are consequences for everthing, you know that. Whats getting upset because someone else exercised their rights when you exercised yours?

Is that authoritarian or just being salty?

Let me ask you a question DB, when you were young you ever pop your mouth off to an elder?
Did that result in a switch to the hindside?

Was that authoritarian?
edit on 20-6-2020 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: XCrycek

a reply to: XCrycek

It's a terrible thing when people voicing their opinions are blamed for censorship and not those censoring.

People have been jumping the ship - ATS for 5 years now. You should at least know that "Fluffy Bunny"

Doesn't change my point.

You and others are blaming people expressing themselves for the demise of ATS.

It's as if you're angry that we don't agree with you and therefor should be silenced.

Your views stink of authoritarian fascism.

There are consequences for every action you take.
Consider this:

An OP on ATS that states he/she hates trans people.

You think an ad firm thats run by a trans person is obligated to have their business name appear next to that post? You think business are obligated to do business with anyone?

You wanted an answer to your question so I will oblige you. The trans person is not obligated to advertise here just as a conservative company isn't obliged to. Nobody is.

But do you really think that speech should be dictated to the point that nobody gets offended?

If that's the case then nobody will be able to speak on either side. Do you think things you post here don't offend people?

They are just words and opinions. They cannot actually hurt you or anyone else.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That's life. There are consequences for everthing, you know that. Whats getting upset because someone else exercised their rights when you exercised yours?

Let me ask you a question DB, when you were young you ever pop your mouth off to an elder?

Was that authoritarian?

It's not surprizing that you'd use that as an example.

You think anything that is said that you disagree with should be punishable.

You're only proving my point that you embrace authoritarianism.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

originally posted by: XCrycek

It's a terrible thing when people voicing their opinions are blamed for censorship and not those censoring.

People have been jumping the ship - ATS for 5 years now. You should at least know that "Fluffy Bunny"

Doesn't change my point.

You and others are blaming people expressing themselves for the demise of ATS.

It's as if you're angry that we don't agree with you and therefor should be silenced.

Your views stink of authoritarian fascism.

There are consequences for every action you take.
Consider this:

An OP on ATS that states he/she hates trans people.

You think an ad firm thats run by a trans person is obligated to have their business name appear next to that post? You think business are obligated to do business with anyone?

You wanted an answer to your question so I will oblige you. The trans person is not obligated to advertise here just as a conservative company isn't obliged to. Nobody is.

But do you really think that speech should be dictated to the point that nobody gets offended?

If that's the case then nobody will be able to speak on either side. Do you think things you post here don't offend people?

They are just words and opinions. They cannot actually hurt you or anyone else.

No, Ive never said anyone's speech should be dictated, only that there are, and always will be, consequences.

Something about great power and responsibility.

If a company choses not to run ads here, thats not authoritarian.

Someone getting offended at someone getting offended is not authoritarian.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Was that authoritarian?

We arebl going in circles. You think you should be able to say anything without consequences. That's a naive childs view of the world.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Was that authoritarian?

We arebl going in circles. You think you should be able to say anything without consequences. That's a naive childs view of the world.

No.

That's freedom of speech.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Was that authoritarian?

People should be able to have an opinion no matter how much we disagree or find it disgusting. Then we have the right to give them our opinion about how disgusting we find their viewpoint.

I do think you have a point that we shouldn't expect advertisers to support a platform for such since they shouldn't be forced to advertise on something they might be offended by.

That is why if we want a website where we can speak freely we would need one that is user supported or privately supported in the long run.

My guess is that there would be very few from the left on there because they seem so easily offended.

edit on 20-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

spell it out, first hit every time on google.

and if you want to find a member spell it out and then there name, and most times it comes up with a thread they posted.

edit on 20-6-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Glad am not the only one thaught I was going nuts

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

i got to wondering about people saying that google wasn't showing ATS, thought that was funny because i use to look up members posts in threads that way.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I've seen a lot of older posts disappearing and people are not clicking on the newer posts.
Could be a natural evolution except for the recent MSM antics that some of us aren't noticing.

edit on 20-6-2020 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Boy, you want to talk about a site being overrun with something, ATS with COVID-19 was it!!

Jeezus, no one could get a word in edgewise about anything else for like two months!!

You seriously can't be suggesting you couldn't discuss Covid-19 here on ATS, can you????? Seriously???? It was every thread, on every board, top to bottom, 24 hours a day, just endlessly! I got so seriously sick of seeing those threads I left for a while! (also got post banned for a while too over it). It was endless! Never saw another website become so absolutely consumed like this one with a subject like that! Just complete saturation.

Good lord.

The Trump circle-jerk has lasted like COVID-19 for two months, er, almost FOUR YEARS now.

And I like Trump!!!

The ATS inmates have overrun the asylum and its user provided content is only to blame.

Good members left because they were tired of the constant political crap. I blame the introduction of the Mud-Pit. SO and ownership need to hold accountability for the sites own demise.

I'll hate to see ATS ride into the sunset but that's what we did to it as a collective team.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Was that authoritarian?

People should be able to have an opinion no matter how much we disagree or find it disgusting. Then we have the right to give them our opinion about how disgusting we find their viewpoint.

I do think you have a point that we shouldn't expect advertisers to support a platform for such since they shouldn't be forced to advertise on something they might be offended by.

That is why if we want a website where we can speak freely we would need one that is user supported or privately supported in the long run.

My guess is that there would be very few from the left on there because they seem so easily offended.

Exactly right. The government isnt violating anyone's 1st. A person has the right to an opinion and others have a right to have an opinion towards opinions.

Whats happening to ATS is the definition of "vote with your wallet".

No government is stopping ATS or others from funding via memberships or anyother avenue thats not at the whim of "others".

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Really?

The third paragraph down in his letter certainly seems like the government is trying to smoosh free speech, but maybe I'm wrong and you can explain it to me how wrong I am?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Really?

The third paragraph down in his letter certainly seems like the government is trying to smoosh free speech, but maybe I'm wrong and you can explain it to me how wrong I am?

The letter ends with "I hope you consider my suggestion".

Let me know when there are legal consequences for not following that letter's suggestion.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

So a mob boss says "I hope you consider my suggestion", what are the consequences for not following through on what they want?

Schiff is no different. Look at how he acted during the impeachment hearing, when he told Chief Justice Roberts that he could defund the Supreme Court if Roberts kept holding the Democrats to the rules. What do you think a person like that would do to a private company?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

So a mob boss says "I hope you consider my suggestion", what are the consequences for not following through on what they want?

Schiff is no different. Look at how he acted during the impeachment hearing, when he told Chief Justice Roberts that he could defund the Supreme Court if Roberts kept holding the Democrats to the rules. What do you think a person like that would do to a private company?

He can do nothing, unless of course you're saying he will break the law, which defeats your argument that government is attempting to stifle free speech.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They've been cracking heavily down on all right wing websites, not surprised ATS got censored out of the algorithm with the front pages dominated by Trump fans. Google doesn't like conspiracy theories and prefer their propaganda to be Blue over Red.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

lol you were probably in the third grade ten years ago . People getting together, like people get together on ats and talk about conspiracies. There were definitely some shills . Didn’t you hear so say that a lot of the Hillary Clinton threads were getting reported . There were some shills here from correct the record for sure . So why are you on here

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, I can't prove it, because it has been over 10 years, but I used to only use google, as I didn't know there were other options.

But I just now did a search, the same way I found ATS, which I believe was #1 or 2 at the time, for the results.

Conspiracy Theory websites

It is not even on the first page now. I didn't go any farther.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join