It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching for ATS on Google

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have noticed that, even though I generally look in here at least once every day, and ATS Forum appears on my drop down list of regularly visited sites, that Google presents me lately with a ridiculous list of possibilities such as the American Thoracic Society, some sort of Truck Simulator forums, plus other sites I have never visited.

Could it be deliberate or is there some new algorithm at play? It is annoying to have to type out Above Top Secret.

Is anyone else having the same issue, minor though it be in the scheme of things. . .Not sure which section to post this in.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its just google algorithms at play.

Amazes me how some of you think that a giant like Google really cares that much to deliberately target ATS.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Google and other orgs have been targeting specific media for a long time now.

Seems one sided bias-ism too ! 🤬

+31 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Amazes me how some of you think that a giant like Google really cares that much to deliberately target ATS.

They target all kinds of sites and a lot of it is automated. It surprises me that you are so naive.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You're a government shill.

(I'm kidding, mods. Please don't cite me for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Same thing with the forum unexplained mysteries. Shows on duckduckgo but not on google

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

+30 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's an actual problem. Google "delisted" more than 1 million of our pages.

^^^ The green lines indicate known Google algorithm updates. The graph represents our actual performance in how often we show in search results, and how often people click. Since May, and the most recent change, they killed us.
edit on 20-6-2020 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
It's an actual problem. Google "delisted" more than 1 million of our pages.

^^^ The green lines indicate known Google algorithm updates. The graph represents our actual performance in how often we show in search results, and how often people click. Since May, and the most recent change, they killed us.

Or maybe just maybe people started getting fed up with this place being overrun with shills so that you couldn't even discuss Covid-19 without being labeled as a traitor and a commie.. But yeah.. Google..
edit on 20-6-2020 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

ATS will allow you to post either of these images (provided appropriate to the topic at hand). Not every site allows posts to remain without excepting editorial control for content that disagrees with the narrative at play. Go with the overall theme of one being right oriented and the other left oriented and not Covid vs Racism to get my point.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Hmm yeah I notice this, furthermore searching for above top secret on google gives you one adlike result at the top for the site with a selection of 'typical topics' posted about all hand selected from probably the worst threads on here.

edit on 20/6/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It's a terrible thing when people voicing their opinions are blamed for censorship and not those censoring.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

ATS will allow you to post either of these images (provided appropriate to the topic at hand). Not every site allows posts to remain without excepting editorial control for content that disagrees with the narrative at play. Go with the overall theme of one being right oriented and the other left oriented and not Covid vs Racism to get my point.

It's all fine and dandy but don't expect everyone to drink the sitting administration's kool-aid and then whine how Google is killing your site because no one wants to klick on it. People have been leaving ATS since 2015-2016. But yeah, it's googles fault. No wonder ATS is where it is if you fall for that #

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

Try - in google;

abovetopsecret.com

Otherwise their so called robotic tech just ain't got a clue...........

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Just subscribed to your channel, it looks interesting!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Exactly the same search string in Google and DuckDuckGo - compare for yourself:

Screenshot of Google search result:

Screenshot of DuckDuckGo search result:

ETA
a reply to: steaming

As you can see even that doesn't work any longer. It is intentional censorship.
edit on 20-6-2020 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak
a reply to: Spacespider

Just subscribed to your channel, it looks interesting!

Thx man..

But I have been inactive for a year now.
Been thinking of getting into it again, got lots of interesting material.
I will be back soon, just got some personal things to manage.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Boy, you want to talk about a site being overrun with something, ATS with COVID-19 was it!!

Jeezus, no one could get a word in edgewise about anything else for like two months!!

You seriously can't be suggesting you couldn't discuss Covid-19 here on ATS, can you????? Seriously???? It was every thread, on every board, top to bottom, 24 hours a day, just endlessly! I got so seriously sick of seeing those threads I left for a while! (also got post banned for a while too over it). It was endless! Never saw another website become so absolutely consumed like this one with a subject like that! Just complete saturation.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Not only that. I suspect they are throttling ATS on a dns level.
Try installing 1.1.1.1 dns app.
It's cloudflares dns server.
All the google bs and most web browsers use googles dns.
The dns puts the name with the web address.
AtS=192.268.6.5, or whatever it is.

I have noticed ATS crawl to an unusable load time, if loading at all.
I switch on the 1.1.1.1 app, and low and behold, it works instantly.

I highly suspect Google is controlling site functionality by slowing sites not on the approved communist list.
I'd sue google, if I owned ATS.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No it’s not , that’s a lie . It’s a giant corporation that wants to stifle free thinking and free speech . Are you joking me ? It used to pop up right away . Have a little foresight and read the writing on the wall . Unless you were being completely sarcastic then I apologized

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join