It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rejects Trump administration's Attempt to Stop Publication of John Bolton's Book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
US district judge Roy Lamberth has allowed the publication saying "the horse seems to be out of the barn" , a refference to the reported 200,000 copies already in the wild waiting to be sold.

The president responded with his usual style and panache .

Mr Trump immediately tweeted an angry response, saying: "Wow, I finally agree with failed political consultant Steve Schmidt, who called Wacko John Bolton "a despicable man who failed in his duty to protect America." Also stated that he should never be allowed to serve in government again. So true! Plain and simple, John Bolton,....

".....who was all washed up until I brought him back and gave him a chance, broke the law by releasing Classified Information (in massive amounts). He must pay a very big price for this, as others have before him. This should never to happen again!!!"
news.sky.com...

Cool , I do like a good page turner.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Someone's version of the truth available to you for only $29.95...
Quantities limited so don't delay...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I think this was the right decision. I don’t like censorship. Now if we can only get the Left to agree that censorship is bad we would have something.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If someones version of the truth differs from Trumps version of the truth then someones version of the truth is likely truth.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Pretty amazing to imagine the reason was something like it contains secrets that would put America's national security at risk...
One would like to ask if that's the case why not also run an ad in China about it?

edit on 20-6-2020 by Peeple because: oopsy

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You are free to believe truth without proof..

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   
So the judge wasn't happy about it, but didn't have a lot of choice given that the ship had already sailed.

“Defendant Bolton has gambled with the national security of the United States. He has exposed his country to harm and himself to civil (and potentially criminal) liability,” Judge Royce Lamberth said in a ruling. “But these facts do not control the motion before the Court. The government has failed to establish that an injunction will prevent irreparable harm.”

edit on 20-6-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
US district judge Roy Lamberth has allowed the publication saying "the horse seems to be out of the barn" , a refference to the reported 200,000 copies already in the wild waiting to be sold.

Mr Trump immediately tweeted an angry response, saying: "Wow, I finally agree with failed political consultant Steve Schmidt, who called Wacko John Bolton "a despicable man who failed in his duty to protect America." Also stated that he should never be allowed to serve in government again. So true! Plain and simple, John Bolton,....

".....who was all washed up until I brought him back and gave him a chance, broke the law by releasing Classified Information (in massive amounts). He must pay a very big price for this, as others have before him. This should never to happen again!!!"
news.sky.com...

Yes, just seeing that at The Guardian,

No doubt there will the, "It's a pack of lies anyway" meme, flying about here, the trouble is though, why did Trump try to block it!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

news.sky.com...

No doubt there will the, "It's a pack of lies anyway" meme, flying about here, the trouble is though, why did Trump try to block it!

Not sure of the specifics, but the general complaint seems to be that it wasn't properly vetted for classified information first even though there is a he-said she-said about that as well. Nobody was trying to block the publication entirely.

That said, it appears the judge is in agreement that if classified material is in there, Bolton could still be held criminally liable for disseminating such info. He can't claim he wasn't warned either.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

If it's a choice between believing an habitual liar or a former employee spilling the beans I'll lean toward the former employee.
Not saying Bolton's view is the whole truth but it chimes with what other former employees have said so it's likely closer to the truth than anything Trump says.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
So the judge wasn't happy about it, but didn't have a lot of choice given that the ship had already sailed.

“Defendant Bolton has gambled with the national security of the United States. He has exposed his country to harm and himself to civil (and potentially criminal) liability,” Judge Royce Lamberth said in a ruling. “But these facts do not control the motion before the Court. The government has failed to establish that an injunction will prevent irreparable harm.”
That alone dismantles this thread, in other words, they failed to stop him in time.

So now, what's next? Hopefully fines and fees.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede

originally posted by: smurfy

news.sky.com...

Not sure of the specifics, but the general complaint seems to be that it wasn't properly vetted for classified information first even though there is a he-said she-said about that as well. Nobody was trying to block the publication entirely.

The Judge, doesn't give Bolton a pat on the back, he just says that the government didn't make their case.

“While Bolton’s unilateral conduct raises grave national security concerns,” the US district court judge wrote, “the government has not established that an injunction is an appropriate remedy.”

In edit,
Ah, i see you have now added to your post.

edit on 20-6-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If it's a choice between believing an habitual liar or a former employee spilling the beans I'll lean toward the former employee.
Not saying Bolton's view is the whole truth but it chimes with what other former employees have said so it's likely closer to the truth than anything Trump says.

Well there are a lot of former employees out there that have great things to say about trump.
One thing I will say is that I will always question the validity of someone with something to gain.
Especially when that someone wants to sell something without any tangible proof.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yeah but that's your expected answer, as an Anti Trumper, you're going to naturally agree with anything that's agaisnt Trump, that's established.

In doing so, you take a low info approach to things of this nature.

Remember when I said you knew nothing of American society and politics? Lets further that, Bolton is a man castigated by Media of all sides and when Trump is agreeing with a radical leftist pundit, who themselves dismiss Bolton, that really says something and more importantly, how alone you are in your opinion.

The fact that you fall for these political tell all books goes to show how easily swayed you are and considering that, how can anyone take your opinion seriously?
edit on 20-6-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Trump org knows releasing the book is actually an advantage !!

It exposes an old Neocon that has gone mental for one 😎

It also helps expose Democrat/Neocon alliances 😎

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

If someones version of the truth differs from Trumps version of the truth then someones version of the truth is likely truth.

Is that a quote from "John H. Watson"

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah but that's your expected answer, as an Anti Trumper, you're going to naturally agree with anything that's agaisnt Trump, that's established.

There's a long line of former civilian and military people who have worked in the administration making similar noises , to ignore that is to ignore reality anti-Trumper or not.

Remember when I said you knew nothing of American society and politics?

You don't know me so ergo you don't know what I do or do not know , your belief in your own psychic powers is merely a delusion.

The fact that you fall for these tell all books goes to show how easily swayed you are and considering that, how can anyone take your opinion seriously?

My opinion is my opinion how you or others take it is beyond my control or caring.
edit on 20-6-2020 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is that a quote from "John H. Watson"

No , it's a quote from me , if it was by someone else I would have attributed it.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What exactly has been exposed about Bolton? He's a rather blatantly honest guy, we all know he's a war hawk neo - con.
So what more is there to expose about him?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
"Mr Trump immediately tweeted an angry response, saying: "Wow, I finally agree with failed political consultant Steve Schmidt, who called Wacko John Bolton "a despicable man who failed in his duty to protect America." Schmidt was referring to you Mr. President. Bolton "failed in his duty to protect America" from YOU!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join