It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going public?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I was curious if it would be possible and or a good idea to try and go public for more advertising and users. I know how far Google and others have gone to make conspiracy sites disappear. But what I'm suggesting would be something along the lines of the owner(s) of ATS actually trying to get on hannity or Carlson's show.

I have seen episode where they defend (us) conspiracy theorist. And they do seem to want more people to know the truth about what's going on then say CNN, obviously.

Maybe, send them an email explaining everything that has been done to destroy sites like this and maybe the will do a little "bit" or maybe a sit-down and the owners or speaker could explain to the public how we are being systematically destroyed.

It would be two-fold, we would get more attention and users maybe better advertisement. Especially if you were to put the numbers out and amount of people on the site and the massive amounts of information we have to offer.

I don't know guys/ladies, just an idea I had after seeing all these recent threads about losing ATS. Someone might come along and explain why it's a horrible idea and that's ok. I just don't want to sit here and do nothing, I know I tried.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

There is a very big problem with that given the current social and political climate right now.
Some new and old members and lots of them are no longer here I assume to being banned, were spreading racist crap around and alot of current members have abused the mud pit.
I highly doubt any news network would want some comments to come out to the masses by people that would try to discredit us.
Decent idea bit just not feasible. Sorry ma

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
I get what your saying, thanks for the reply. Guess house needs to be cleaned and in order before that step could ever be taken.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
UfO's and conspiracy's are not top topics here any more. It's been taken in the direction of political platforms.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Nice agenda pushing. Well done.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney
Are you referring to me? If so I don't follow. No agenda here beside trying to save ATS. Not even sure how you could get an agenda from my post lol. If not, disregard.

But I will say if we can't even have a simple yes/no type conversation amongst each other when it comes to SAVING ATS without accusations, the site is doomed and we are no better than the "Chaz"

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi
The owners aren't looking to save ATS, they are looking to sell it, or let it "fade away".

All good things...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Yea it just sucks. I think I'm in the denial phase. Everyday for well over a decade I check ATS first thing before work for the world news basically and I love when real gems pop up, UFOs, secret projects ect.. then I check on my lunch, when I'm bored ect. It just been my main source for so long. I was thinking about it last night, the wealth of knowledge Ive learned from others on this site is invaluable. Was in my late teens when I started coming, now I have a bug out bag an emergency plan, vast info about the cosmos and so on. Would be such a shame to lose all this information for others to see, but I am grateful for what others have shared.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think people need to accept a very harsh truth.

This site is user generated, we the members basically make it what it is within the infrastructure and T&C's the owners have set up, we have made this site what it is. So it is us, the members who have made this site toxic, nobody in their right mind would want to be associated with a site that tolerates some of the stuff that is said on ATS.

Now yes for some thats a good thing in so far as free speech ideal's go, but big business doesn't want to be funding a site that tolerates what a lot of others would call racist/homophobic/bigoted/trans-phobic...far right views. I am not trying to make it political just being realistic, this site is not going to get any kind of big business funding in the current political climate.

I am not saying that is right or wrong (although I am sure those of you who are familiar with my posts will know my views) I am just highlighting the reality. All this talk of how we could go about getting advertisement is unrealistic in the current political climate.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

We have to accept the fact that the writing is on the wall.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
UfO's and conspiracy's are not top topics here any more. It's been taken in the direction of political platforms.

One way to lower the cost (bandwidth, media storage, etc.) would be to eliminate all political and religious discussion, as well as the mud pit. Traffic would slow to manageable level, I'm sure. I joined here initially for the conspiracy and UFO stuff but the political topics are too tempting to not participate in those. If those changes were made, I'd still be a member because that's why I joined in the first place - UFOs and who really killed JFK?

Honestly, the figure of $25k/mo is ridiculous for a forum like this. Text takes up hardly any storage space, it's the attachments and bandwidth that are sucking up resources so do something to drastically limit that and for heaven's sake, find a more reasonable host with better software. There are a lot of forums out there with security, ease of use and are economical.

ATS owners - I have seen this in the past, you have lost interest in this site in my opinion. Sell it to someone who will make appropriate changes to return it to its former glory or shut it down. The last few days have been eye-opening for me in several ways, one of which is the amount of money you have put into this (advertiser dollars or not) when you didn't have to. That tells me it's not a priority to you anymore. That's a valid thing, been there done that, so do what's necessary. The number of "goodbye ATS" and "how can we save ATS" threads are mind-boggling.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Thanks for replying, that was pointed out to me earlier and I completely agree, I just didn't think of that angle when I made this thread. I could see in today's world where 1 wrong comment could bring BLM Antifa Chaz ect to the front door and obviously no new company would want to be affiliated with that. I makes sense thanks again

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

The point is though that the current owners just don't have the time nor I believe the inclination to undertake the work that would be required to turn this site around and make it profitable.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: HalWesten

The point is though that the current owners just don't have the time nor I believe the inclination to undertake the work that would be required to turn this site around and make it profitable.

That was my point. It's time to move it to someone that does.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
O well like I said it was just an idea, no harm no foul no hard feelings. It is what it is. I appreciate the responses, I'm sure we will run into each other elsewhere, life will go on.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
ATS used to be and still is to an extent.. part of he problem. You must be new here.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild
Been coming here since you registered. I just do alot of reading. Of course I realize how much this site has changed and what has become of it. I just think it would be a shame to lose the good info here basically because of all the political bs. But like I said it was just an idea and I was informed why it was a bad one and I appreciate that. Let this thread die out, thanks for sharing

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Going "Public" won't cut the mustard.

People investing won't cut it either.

The whole problem is the use of ad blockers that prevent the revenues.

If somebody finds a way to cut the monthly costs from $25000 down to (perhaps) $10000, then maybe some hope for a while at least.

Everything else including tangents and red herrings is useless. 😎🚬

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's bigger than just the ad blocking issue though.
Govoogle etc is concentrating and controlling ad revenue.
They are acting like mommy and daddy and choosing who gets the allowances to stay alive.
High bandwidth costs and demonization by removing revenue is killing off free speech on the net.
They sucked in youtube and neutered it too.
Using T&C's as well as advertising.
Advertising has been literally weaponized now.
Hell, the whole group of these shill companies like Google operate around/on advertising.
Let's demand no more advertising on the internet and watch them squirm to allow it.
It's pay to play, not some innocent advertisements imo.

new topics

top topics

join