It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media has controlled us for way to long

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How can any device that has an On/Off switch control you? If some people want to watch Fox, it't THEIR choice.
If others want to watch PBS, It's THEIR choice. Don[t be stupid!! Do you want the Government to control the media and what you watch.

AM radio is completely right wing, bonespurs private media. Listen to that. Don't tell me what I can listen to or watch...It's none of your goddamn business.

edit on 20-6-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99

Yes, propagandized is a word, and it is a good description of the state of the US electorate for quite a few years now.

Operation Mockingbird served its purpose, and our fascist state of affairs has government utterly controlled by corporate and foreign interests.

Good post on the subject, thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
The media was used way, way before that. In 1874 the media was used to push a massive gold rush into the Black Hills. Not so much about gold but more to do with trying to supplant the Sioux Indians by causing conflict with the influx of white people.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Only going to get worse. Forget traditional msm and worry about the internet.

Take the recent events with ATS . SO stated its difficult to get ad revenue for sites that allow comments let alone all comment driven like ats.

SO also stated google adsense removing revenue due to threads that painted hillary in a bad light.

Then take the republicans who killed net neutrality principles , which means that sites like ats who go against the narrative can be extorted to pay more than other sites or the isp will legally slow their traffic on purpose.

This is being done because they need to gain control of the internet so the can get back full control of the peoples thoughts . The internet will be like the msm and will follow the narrative within 10 years or so from now.

With this election we might get a little taste while they experiment.

Lets also not forget the push to remove social-gathering due to health concerns (Covid etc). Program us via Television, throttle outlets on the internet that allow discussion and free speech, and now limit our access to places of mass gatherings so we don't get together and share information, uncontrolled.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

I had a similar experience when I was young and would see how multiple outlets would make their version of the story. I started taking interest in cspan because my father watched and I got to actually see the things being proposed and seeing and hearing what the law makers thought, acted, voted for etc. When I didn't understand something I would simply ask my father and get the answer or research it when I was a little older.
It was certainly a much better education than what I received in school about government, lawmaking, constitutional interpretation, politics etc. Covering those topics were almost non existent in my school education.

(post by MrSensible removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join