It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media has controlled us for way to long

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
How long have they been lying about everything?

They have controlled the narrative forever . It was so easy for them to get every liberal to believe Trump colluded with Russia with 0 evidence

Even now they still believe because the media wants them too. Conservatives are no better, Jesus it was so easy to get them to believe that marijuana Was the devils plant and a "gateway drug" . Since the 20s they pushed that BS with their "Reefer madness".

And still to this day even with all the evidence to the contrary these guys still believe weed is bad.

Why ? Because they were just as easily propangandized (is that a word ?) by the media.

All they do is lie to us why do we believe any of it?

How long has it been going on ? You know how easily they could have made people believe we landed on the moon in the 60s

Look how easily the population is manipulated, we would have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

How about 9/11 everything we think we know came from some media outlet. and people still believe that in the 20th century there were no cameras at the pentagon. Why? because the media told you what happened so shut up and believe it.

If you go against their version of anything you are labeled a "CT" or a whacko or their new favorite a "racist"

We are all victims of their propaganda.

Was watching a story yesterday on my local news about the SCOTUS DACA decision and they showed that little 4 second clip of Trump saying these are not people these are animals
like he was saying that about those kids . anyone that has watched the whole clip knows he was talking about MS-13 gang members but so many people will just believe he was talking about the DACA kids.

Its such BS manipulation and should be illegal..

Was watching Tucker Carlson the other day and he had a reporter on the border of chaz saying they couldn't even go in there because of all the violence . They didn't show any violence, we're just supposed to believe the reporter and Im sure most of Tuckers viewers believed him.

We are so easily manipulated . and we need to wake the ### up

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I keep trying to think of a way to redirect all of this class warfare and racial hatred back to the ones who deserve it, the elites.

HOW CAN WE DO THIS?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 99problems99
I find it ass-backwards that Congress wants to "regulate" social media, but let CNN and MSNBC operate as Domestic Terrorist organizations with impunity.

Most Americans get their news from TV: www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Only going to get worse. Forget traditional msm and worry about the internet.

Take the recent events with ATS . SO stated its difficult to get ad revenue for sites that allow comments let alone all comment driven like ats.

SO also stated google adsense removing revenue due to threads that painted hillary in a bad light.

Then take the republicans who killed net neutrality principles , which means that sites like ats who go against the narrative can be extorted to pay more than other sites or the isp will legally slow their traffic on purpose.

This is being done because they need to gain control of the internet so the can get back full control of the peoples thoughts . The internet will be like the msm and will follow the narrative within 10 years or so from now.

With this election we might get a little taste while they experiment.

edit on 06630America/ChicagoSat, 20 Jun 2020 00:06:33 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Anyone see Anderson Cooper on Who wants to be a millionaire? He won 500 k .

All i could think of was he was given all the answers so he would look smart so more people would believe his BS.

Its all so fake I almost guarantee it.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I agree with you whole heartedly that the media has become a weapon of mass destruction. It pollutes the truth and separates everyone, by design. It is a controlled bias for the masses.

However I disagree with your title. The media has never controlled us. Nobody makes is buy a tv subscription or internet access. Nobody forces us to watch CSPAN 😂! What we do with our attention and time is our own. We should never give away our power and be victims to something or someone else.

The truth is out there as they say but it’s not on the news. Knowledge and understanding is what we lack. That’s not because of the media. That’s because of our lack to pursue it. What we spend our time on is our choice. Although each day it seems to become less and less.

Don’t ever give away your power. Even subconsciously. You are the master of your universe. How and where the ship sails can only be blamed on the captain. Hope this makes some sense and I appreciate your concerns. I have them too I just think about it differently.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Has and is still controlling us. Well not all, but the ignorant sheeple yes. Its called mental mindf**ked. See it how they show it. Act accordingly.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Was watching Tucker Carlson the other day and he had a reporter on the border of chaz saying they couldn't even go in there because of all the violence . They didn't show any violence, we're just supposed to believe the reporter and Im sure most of Tuckers viewers believed him.

So the video of the street preacher was fake?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 02:38 AM
link   
TBH, most people probably NEED to be controlled. There are way too many stupid people for things to be any other way and for there not to be complete mayhem. As sad as that is, you know it's true. And it's a problem you can't fix with education. You can't fix stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

A True authoritarian communist statement, someone who wishes to control others..... a liberal chinese shill

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Certainly aren't saying there aren't stupid people out there, but control people man? Really?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Control is a fundamental foundation of the left

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I've got an idea for all of you who believe it's the media that is ruining your lives. TUNE IT OUT. No one, not one single person, is forcing you to be on any social network site or watch any cable channel. Take a little responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others if things in your lives are #ty. My life is great. I do not feel ANY burden from the media. If you're being manipulated, take a look in the mirror and see who the real culprit is.
edit on 20-6-2020 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   

1. No media outlet lies about everything. Most don't lie about much. They use the facts to create a narrative that is favorable to a certain agenda. When they overtly lie, it's painfully obvious.

2. Media doesn't just affect one group negatively. We are all embedded in the narratives they create 24/7/365. It is literally almost impossible to avoid the carefully designed programming, because, even if we avoid the media, those around us that we interact with do not.

3. Yes, "reality creation" is the intention, and when that doesn't work, Plan B is "reality denial." Between the two the only truly free information space is between our own ears. We have to each take responsibility for ourselves and control only ourselves. We are not (and do not have the right) to control others. We have to become self-reliant again to the greatest degree possible.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
For those who still haven't read it, I highly recommend "Propaganda" by Edward Bernays. It is surely more relevant now than ever...

The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of our country.

There is a free version out there, but at the moment I can't seem to find it.

edit on 6/20/2020 by Klassified because: Augustus and DBCowboy made me sleep in the basement

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The government got ahold of the media during ww2 then in the 50's they started project blue bird.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's amazing what you can spin and take out of context.

Profitable even.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

1. No media outlet lies about everything. Most don't lie about much. They use the facts to create a narrative that is favorable to a certain agenda. When they overtly lie, it's painfully obvious.

2. Media doesn't just affect one group negatively. We are all embedded in the narratives they create 24/7/365. It is literally almost impossible to avoid the carefully designed programming, because, even if we avoid the media, those around us that we interact with do not.

3. Yes, "reality creation" is the intention, and when that doesn't work, Plan B is "reality denial." Between the two the only truly free information space is between our own ears. We have to each take responsibility for ourselves and control only ourselves. We are not (and do not have the right) to control others. We have to become self-reliant again to the greatest degree possible.

Well said. Some people are easily influenced by others, hence the YouTube "social influencers" tag (and other sites I'm sure). Others are not but can easily get caught up in the fray, like many of us here do on occasion because our emotions get the best of us.

I have been a skeptic my whole life, even as a kid, questioning everything because the old saying "believe half of what you see and none of what you read" was ingrained into my head by my grandfather early on. What really got my attention was when C-Span started. Instead of just reading what was in the paper or on the TV news, I got to see congress in action. I got to hear their words, see their body language and I'll tell you honestly, that was a real eye-opener.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 99problems99
Anyone see Anderson Cooper on Who wants to be a millionaire? He won 500 k .

All i could think of was he was given all the answers so he would look smart so more people would believe his BS.

Its all so fake I almost guarantee it.

Those answers were all easy. I got them correct myself and also knew 'Lime Jell-O' was the final one.

I just think they lower the difficulty for the reerees they bring on.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
I've got an idea for all of you who believe it's the media that is ruining your lives. TUNE IT OUT. No one, not one single person, is forcing you to be on any social network site or watch any cable channel. Take a little responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others if things in your lives are #ty. My life is great. I do not feel ANY burden from the media. If you're being manipulated, take a look in the mirror and see who the real culprit is.

This^

top topics

<<   2 >>

join