It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Statue of Albert Pike Torn Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Protesters and BLM activists tore down the statue of the Confederate general Albert Pike this evening. The statue is/was located near Judiciary Square and the police HQ near the Natioonal Mall. Still breaking so there isn't much info.

Here's a livestream

Protesters say that they tore the statue down because it represents evil, slavery, and the oppression of blacks.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-6-2020 by lostbook because: paragraph edit

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

this i am 100% happy about.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

They are doing the only thing they know how to do....

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Apparently, Pike was a Freemason. Don't know how that ties into this. Don't know what's coming next...........

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

A rather high ranking mason, yes, who not so coincidentally was the only Confederate general to have a statue in DC. He was also a prominent klansman.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna

this i am 100% happy about.

Of course you would be happy about erasing the history of the Democratic party...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Historians aren't going to forget Pike, or lose all the books and letters he's written... he'll be remembered, just not honored.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Maybe we are moving to a war fought by tearing down statues. In the end, since every person in history has done something to offend someone, all statues of real people must be destroyed.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It's a crime to destroy public property. Does law enforcement not care? Or have they all been defunded/fired?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Maybe we are moving to a war fought by tearing down statues. In the end, since every person in history has done something to offend someone, all statues of real people must be destroyed.

When the statues are gone and the protestors are still not satisfied, (which they won't be), what's their next target?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484

A rather high ranking mason, yes, who not so coincidentally was the only Confederate general to have a statue in DC. He was also a prominent klansman.

Apparently, there are Masonic symbols and imagery all around DC. If he was a Mason then I see why he had a statue. I can't get with the Klan thing, however.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's a crime to destroy public property. Does law enforcement not care? Or have they all been defunded/fired?

The police watched from the police headquarters across the street. Later they came over and put fire(s) out after some of the protesters set the statue on fire.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Maybe just NUKE 'Rushmore' and be done with it. Crikey, haven't protesters got nothing better to do. 'Like work for a living?'

Real 'feel good' stuff.

Maybe it assists with getting 'peckers' up. Look what I did honey!!!

You poor critters.

My regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Next up the statue of Liberty. The island will be surrounded with tugboats, and tugged into the water.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bent8484
a reply to: Lumenari

Historians aren't going to forget Pike, or lose all the books and letters he's written... he'll be remembered, just not honored.

The books will be burnt within this decade.

He's going to be lost because of the cause.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I wonder when the "Robert C. Byrd" space telescope in WV will be torn down... it is painted white, after all...

...or, maybe they will rename it after his disciple... H.R. Clinton.

edit on 19-6-2020 by madmac5150 because: I forgot a "re". It happens.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Started the KKK..a reply to: lostbook

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Apparently, Pike was a Freemason. Don't know how that ties into this. Don't know what's coming next...........

Right. You don't know, random pagan symbols next...the Statue of Columbia on the Capitol Building being eyeballed as a potential target (it would take King Kong to take that one down).

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Check into Pikes letter to Giuseppe Mazzini a high ranking Italian freemason outlining three world wars...interesting stuff..a reply to: lostbook

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join