It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop doing pot/weed please!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Any hippy from the 70's that still smokes can tell you the problem...

it isn't smoke that is a problem... it is the new genetic superpot that is the problem...

it is actually physically/mentally addictive, unlike the previous natural forms...

it is much like the cigerettes that use the new super tobacco... it will hook you after one cigerette...
same thing with pot... when they altered it genetically and started making it way better than nature... they got side effects...

i never saw a problem with any of my smoking friends until they started buying the "flourescent KB" vs the cheap mexican...
now several "safe smoker" friends have turned into doddering bobble heads...

one went back to the cheap mexican, and once again, he is working 55hrs a week and doing well...

James... ask your old family hippies... "is it the same now as it was"... and they will tell you the cheap mexican today is what the superior grade used to be then... and todays superior grade is on another TOTAL level of drug type, than the pot of yesteryear...l

pretty sad when they take something that used to be FINE, and make it something dangerous out of greed for a higher high...

and BTW james... since you seem to have no personal knowledge...
"normal" pot has so minor an effect for a regular user, that you would probably only feel like you had eaten a good meal, and had a good nap... (without having to do either)
really very minor compared to what even one drink will do to your mental state... "KB" is like drinking a 12 pack...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
yawn nothing new here the comon trying to lump pot in with hard drugs and not even mention how alcohol is worse

here is why alcohol is worse

1 causes people to get violent
2 you hear about alcohol causeing driveing accidents but not pot
3 drinking can take away more self control
4 more minors abuse alcohol then tobacco or marijuana
"The prevalence and toll of underage drinking in America is widely underestimated: it costs the nation a conservatively estimated $53 billion annually. More young people drink alcohol than smoke tobacco or use marijuana link

5 your at higher risk for HIV if you drink in 2 ways
1 your less likely to use protection and be less selective of who you have sex with.
2 alcohol weakens the cells in the mouth against hiv infection link

the key to both alcohol and marijuana is moderation
I personally dont do eather because I have alergic rections to alcohol and I dont care much for the effect marijuana has on me not that they are anything major its just not my thing.

so from all the things I have read about marijuana to personal experience I conclude its no worse then anything out there thats leagle

here is a link to the documents from the national accadamy of sciences where you can form your own conclusions

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Any hippy from the 70's that still smokes can tell you the problem...

it isn't smoke that is a problem... it is the new genetic superpot that is the problem...

No...the higher potency is fine and just as natural as any other pot. It is actually much better, as you have to smoke a lot smaller amount to get high, thus lowering the amount of tar you inhale. It doesn't really get you any higher than regular weed, it just has a higher THC content, so you get high with less weed that's all. There is a certain point of THC saturation you can reach before you can't get any higher, and you can achieve this with mexican dirt weed or "superweed".

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I know what you mean Lazarus....While I didn't grow up in the 70s, it can essentially be compared to the different categories we have now - regs, mids and cryp.....

Although the potency of modern day "regs" has increased slightly since then, so have quite a few other things....like the cost of a gallon of gas

But side by side, the two offer a completely different sensation.....

Without getting into too much detail, I've found that the low grade stuff gives you a lethargic feeling, tight chest, and generally something I would avoid at all costs...

The high grade stuff is pampered as it grows with love and care and produces a crisp, clean and clear state of mind that is enhanced by the high, rather than muddied by it....

I'll agree that there are some strands out there today though that render you completely useless, and offer little value except for demobilizing you....Perhaps good for someone who wants to soak their soar and aching feet in epson salt for about 6-7 hours

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
In my area they call good weed kryp(spelled that way b/c it looks cool) because it makes you crippled. An individual who does nothing but take hits from the bong all day who's only motivation is get more kryp will waste away as long as he/she has the stuff, I've seen many do it and i think the problem lies within the individual not the plant.

[edit on 21-3-2005 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I agree that the "good" is less physically bad for you due to having to use less...
but the problem is the same as with chocolate...

one bite just leads to another...
so unless someone is extremely good about not going overboard...
then they become prey to the couch monster...

the other issue, is the the "lethargic down" feeling is actually caused by the other componant of pot...CBN's are the "fog" of the high...
they are a part of all bud, but seem to overwhelm "bad" bud...

I am saying that regular non CBN loaded normal import is probably safer to use and just as rewarding depending on how much you use, than risking the use of good stuff... also seems to have less/shorter aftereffects...

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I believe we've exhausted this topic.

To be closed soon.

Odd

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
no more than we've exhausted politics, theology, and the NWO, I don't believe.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I thought an exausted topic was left to just die out on its own I never seen one closed down before unless it was full of flames and such, I guess things are changeing here at ATS

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We've gone beyond the topic of pot making you a loser. Now we're discussing potency, etc. I let this go this long, even though it was against, at least the spirit of the T&C because I believed the topic had merit. It did. It has come to an end though. that is my opinion but I'll ask another mod.

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Quote: "The high grade stuff is pampered as it grows with love & care and produces a crisp, clean and clear... high"

Bingo! Listen here is what I have found from Personal Experience:

Cannabis Indicia = Narcotic Downer STONE

Cannabis Sativa = Clear - Up & Speedy HIGH

There are TWO DIFFERENT Types of the Plant! Different Strains have Different Genetics! The Plants LOOK Different & Produce Different Effects! Some Breeders Cross Them Into Each other To Produce 50/50 Sativa/Indicia Strains! Me Personally I stay away from Indicia - I am a Sativa Man!

Plus the Plant is ALIVE - you must treat it with Respect! If you give it Love & Pamper it while Growing/Grow it ORGANICALLY instead of with CHEMICALS - you will DEFINITLY notice the Difference! Looks & Smells can be deceiving - you will never really know if it is a Strain that you Enjoy or not until you try it!

If the Government had its way - this VERY INFORMATION would be *Outlawed*! The Government is not Interested in "Educated Consumers"!

[edit on 21-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 21 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The verdict is in and considering the way this thread has gone, it is time.

Closed.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join