It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two very interesting UFO videos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chunder

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: Blue Shift

I never said I think it is a "ufo". I said simply that it looks nothing whatsoever like some kind of silk strand being misidentified by people.

Before I watched the 3rd video with the "analysis" I came to the conclusion it was spider silk. I was going to post that view but thought I had better watch the 3rd video first. There was nothing in it that made me want to change my mind and then found Blue Shift had already posted.

I don't think it could have been misidentified by the person who took the footage - it would have been easy to move to another position that removed the effect that was filmed.

This one really threw me a curve ball. I remember this case now after looking at that lighting effect and remember now seeing this before. What got me mixed up over this is from also watching several other videos of cigar shaped craft with black bands on them and others. Then this spider silk effect ones being tossed into the bunch was too much of a contradiction to handle. Some of those look similar.

I never necessarily thought these were legit unknowns, only that it was difficult to comprehend a videographer taking a video of spider silk hanging off their house or whatever, and thinking they were capturing some ufo up in the sky and even fooling video analysts?

That's just too crazy, but I guess it can happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: filthyphilanthropist
a reply to: Macenroe82

There toward the end of the Salida clip it makes some very unconvincing movements. If it was truly a UFO, then it sure wasn't very stable. If it was a UFO piloted by an alien, then they need a new pilot! Tell hom to lay off the Kanar!

That was a long video of blue with s white line moving around. They're were a few birds and the edge of a roof, but mostly no context.

As Blue Shift pointed out it seems far more likely to be something like spider silk than a UFO.

The Mexican video is likely a reflection from inside the airplane. It looked awful similar to an effect I can pull off with my glasses. That would explain the double dash lines.

LOL. Where do you folks come from?

These videos were pretty well shot, considering what they had to work with at that time.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I see now what a big mistake I made. Saw these videos awhile back, but forgot about them, plus getting confused seeing other videos that were better candidates for being "unknowns" doesn't help.

Sorry about that.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There's another object passing through from top left coming down at an angle
to the right at the 3:08 - 3:09 mark in the 3rd video...
Sorry it's been a while since I've been active & I'm having trouble trying
to snip the still & post

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: myss427
a reply to: Necrobile

Was it not sighted in other states and countries, pretty fast moving spider silk?

Someone just saying that, even on a tv programme, doesn't make it true.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The second video is not from Tijuana Mexico, judging by the way they speak they sound more like from a part of South America like Bolivia or Argentina.
edit on 20-6-2020 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAlloweda videographer taking a video of spider silk hanging off their house or whatever, and thinking they were capturing some ufo up in the sky and even fooling video analysts?

That's just too crazy

indeed so.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I see now what a big mistake I made. Saw these videos awhile back, but forgot about them, plus getting confused seeing other videos that were better candidates for being "unknowns" doesn't help.

Sorry about that.

No worries, mate. I remember seeing Billy Meier's book about Plieadiean saucers in a Waldenbooks when it first came out. I thought, man this is it. Bright clear photos of flying saucers. But then the holes and irregularities started showing up and I finally had to face it that it was just bogus.

I want this stuff to be true, too, whatever that entails. But you gotta recognize the weakness of the evidence or you're not getting the truth. There are still crazy things out there. But you gotta start from a position of skepticism or you're setting yourself up to be a sucker.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
Still could be legit, though. My friend saw a cigar-shaped UFO on his way to work once in broad daylight.

Oh, there are certainly legitimate sightings of these kinds of things. I'm not saying there aren't. And people should be ready to film them if possible. But this one, which so many people still hold so dear just isn't the real deal.
edit on 20-6-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

If you do make such a video, let me know and provide me a copy.
I will hand it out to my investigators for reference when they get similar cases.

I've mentioned a desire to do that. I was thinking of a kind of, "Think you filmed a UFO? Let's analyze it!". Then show clear examples of the most common misidentifications:
* That bouncing blue lens flare, likely from an iPhone
* Blurry orbs that are out of focus
* Jet contrails in the sunset
* Drones
* Rocket launch trails glowing in the upper atmosphere
* "I didn't see anything when I took the picture, but..." transient bugs and birds
* Airplane lights front-on as they're landing

Basic red flags. Also how to compare multiple images and get better context shots in daylight for comparison. It might help reduce the noise a little, or at the very least serve as a guide for creating a more convincing hoax. Maybe I'll make that a project one of these days. I'm pretty lazy.

But if/when this site shuts down UFO folks might try MUFON. You might want to consider adding a public forum for discussion and analysis. Photo posting. Make it a No Politics Zone.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

The thing about the "Salida" footage - whatever it is, it's not a spider web -

- you have to listen to the tape as well as watching it...people with the guy are definitely seeing something in the sky, which he is filming...

...in the beginning, his young child is asking him about the "spaceship", then later his teenage son is talking about how you can see 'lights going all around it', then towards the end an older guy says something about the size of the thing..

And it all sounds totally natural, especially the way he is so preoccupied he can barely answer the first kid - and then tells him to "go get the binoculars"..

I recommend watching the whole thing blown up on a television screen with the sound on...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Billy Meier! Classic sci-FI UFOlogy.
Last night I was going through audible, checking for something new to listen too and guess what they have?
Project Serpo in audio book. Lol
And yes I bought it for the sheer entertainment of the tale.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   

To tell you the truth, I’m actually working on the very thing.
I have a majority of the images already, but want to have it all in video format as well, because we usually get videos submitted to us.
Long story short I was asked to assist in rewriting And updating the MUFON training manual.
The current one is gods.. for the year 2000 lol.
It desperately needs updating.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

Oh I know.
Most notably is when he says “get the spotting scope.“
I feel as though If he tried viewing something close with something as powerful as a spotting scope, I really don’t think he would had been able to see the object in question.
The scope would look beyond the close object.

Thats one of the reasons why I asked Mr Knapp for the full 1 hour video so I can dig a bit more deeper into it.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here's an enhanced version of the video, where the movement is visible:

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ErwinOrb

Thank you for posting that - so, definitely not a spider web

I really think the video deserves more attention, although I suppose there's not much further anyone could go with investigation so many years later..

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Thank you. It really doesn't take much to see it's not a spider's web of any sort.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Other than the terrible "smart" phone auto-correct mistakes in my post what did you find so audacious?

I'm not making a case that these videos weren't well shot. I'm making a case that they were decently filmed intentional hoaxes.

Spider silk in the first video which likely stretched between the roof and a tree or something was carefully shot from an angle that caught a glint. That glint moved as the silk moved and swayed in the breeze.

The second video was shot just right to catch the reflection of light off of a pair of glasses being cast on the window pane.

UFOs definitely exist. Exactly what they are or where they're from is the real mystery. However, hoaxes definitely exist too, and these videos scream hoax.

As for where we folks come from... Reality. How about you?

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Not really. The video posted by ErwinOrb makes it look more interesting with all the enhancements, but it looks more like spider silk than ever. The only thing it truly accomplishes is realizing that the sider silk stretches somewhere lower than the roof.

The pulsing light very easily could have been created in some computer program. That would explain why the light behaves that way for such a short duration of the video. It is very tedious work.

posted on Jul, 3 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Thank you for posting that - so, definitely not a spider web

The video in no way disproves the spider web. Why does it get more in focus when it's nearer to the shingle line? Because it's not far away, but nearer to the roof. And why doesn't it ever go beyond the shingle line? Force field? No, because to that's as far as it can go because that's the end of the strand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join