It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi Had Portraits of Democrat House Speakers Removed from Congress This Week.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Friday, June 19, 2020

I guess as of this week, Pelosi no longer supports ALL Democrats, regardless of their past?

Late Thursday afternoon, the gold-framed portraits of four former Speakers of the House of Representatives who shared ties to the Confederacy were removed from the walls of the U.S. Capitol, as efforts to strike down symbols of racism around the country continue in the wake of George Floyd's killing last month.

In a letter addressed Thursday to Cheryl Johnson, clerk of the House of Representatives, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for the removal of the paintings in observance of Juneteenth on Friday.

The portraits were taken down hours later.

They had hung in the Capitol for decades, honoring

Robert Hunter of Virginia, who served as speaker from 1839 to 1841,
Howell Cobb of Georgia, 1849 to 1851,
James Orr of South Carolina, 1857 to 1859,
Charles Crisp of Georgia, 1891 to 1895

"There is no room in the hallowed halls of Congress, or in any place of honor, for memorializing men who embody the violent bigotry and grotesque racism of the Confederacy," Pelosi, D-Calif., proclaimed.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

It took 7 years as Speaker (2007-2011 and 2019 to present) for Nancy Pelosi to figure out that not all past Democrat House Speakers have been beacons of integrity and honesty, like she is. But it appears that Nancy has finally come around.

Better late than never!

-CareWeMust

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ooooh, I get it now.

Destroy the big bad Republicans' history that was genuinely progressive to justify destroying all of the Democrats' history that was genuinely racist.

It's all starting to fall into place. These people are f#cking dangerous.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Wait to see the 4 portraits she will put instead.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
If Seattle and Minneapolis is indicative of the majority of Americans, the "dangerous" people will be re-elected, and maybe even increase their leadership role in this country.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I have no love for pelosi.
I also have no love for democrats.
Wanted to get that out in the open.

I also totally disagree with judging people from that past with the sensibilities of today.
That’s another hot topic,,, fricken cancel culture..

Today we analyze and probe historic figures that lived in basically a different world and say how evil they were.
Our history is being hidden.
Our culture is being shunned.
Our art is being censored.

F-you!
F-your cancel culture!

Everything just needs to fricken burn..

I’m going to get drunk now and sex up my wife...
edit on 19-6-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If Seattle and Minneapolis is indicative of the majority of Americans, the "dangerous" people will be re-elected, and maybe even increase their leadership role in this country.

Well let's just hope that enough people are bright enough to see through the manipulation.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Juneteenth

www.google.com...

Juneteenth became a state holiday in Texas in 1980, and a number of other states subsequently followed suit. The day is also celebrated outside the United States, with organizations in a number of countries using the day to recognize the end of slavery and to celebrate the culture and achievements of African Americans.Apr 28, 2020

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   

There is no room in the hallowed halls of Congress for that miserable, drunken bitch.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Perhaps she should follow it through and remove the party of the former Southern slave owners.

The party that funded the KKK.

The party that is STILL all about the color of your skin...

The Democratic Party.

She need to denounce that party tomorrow, get it banned, disbanded and start another party.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just another phony Pelosi/Democrat ploy because if She/They meant it, they would have done this a long time ago right?

Whats so frick'n special about this year ? (oh yeah) 🤣🤣🤣

And we have to wonder WHY the popular and powerful Black organizations haven't "said" anything about this in the past ?

WHY NOW all-of-a-sudden ? 🤣🤣🤣

Look its the Frito Bandito !!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Mao
Stalin
Che Guevara
Mussolini

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Any clues?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

i guess she figured pandering on her knees and not being able to get up, was not a good look.
picked something easier to do, or should i say have someone else do.

i'll resist posting the image of her pandering again this time.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Probably portraits of people she admires, until she learns one day that they were bad people.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I hear ya. There is still Christian sect that doesn't let women speak in church or wear jewelry, because the Bible says they shouldn't. Even though times are different now, we don't condemn the author of that book.

edit on 6/19/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Well let's just hope that enough people are bright enough to see through the manipulation.

President Trump should come up with a Medicare buy-in option to replace ObamaCare. If Pelosi doesn't go along with it, like she fought President Trump on making DACA immigrants citizens, that will really expose her and Democrat leader's FAKE empathy.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
ABC had an hour-long Juneteenth special on this evening. It barely mentioned slavery abolishment.

All the focus was on 1965 up to today, where the special said Republicans have tried to roll-back African American gains, and President Trump had planned on disrespecting this day, until someone told him not to do it. (Change the Tulsa rally from the 19th to the 20th)

Our Mainstream Media are despicable.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

I hear ya. There is still Christian sect that doesn't let women speak in church or wear jewelry, because the Bible says they shouldn't. Even though times are different now, we don't condemn the author of that book.

Mostly by choice.
Muslim countries don’t allow women that choice.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
What's needed is a HUGE reveal of some type. President Trump should hold a prime-time speech, with expert guests/graphics, to educate Americans on the FULL history of Slavery and Oppression in America.

Not leave huge holes, because it's culturally/politically embarrassing to Democrats, like the MSM does.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Politicians are professional panderers, and most Americans know it. That's why President Trump is such a breath of fresh air. He was elected on certain principles and sticks with them, regardless of who doesn't like them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join