It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMC theatres opening,,,,,,with masks required.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
AMC theatres are opening up on July 15th.

Face mask required...

“ AMC Theatres — the nation's largest multiplex operator — is amending its plans for reopening next month, now requiring customers at all its theaters to wear masks. The change came after an outcry against the company for not making it a mandate in the first place.”

Some of you might not be overly informed about how the movie theatre business operates.
They get the majority of their revenue from snack sales.
That’s why popcorn and a large drink costs you $12...

Not answer me this....
How the hell do I eat popcorn and milk duds with a fricken mask on?

www.npr.org...

Well I for one will not be attending if a mask is required.
Nexflix and a beer in my recliner..

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Snack sales will go down and the movie ticket will go up.

Here we pay up to 18 bucks just for one freak'n movie, then add on the snacks. Not sure if the movie theaters have opened up here, but wearing a mask seems to be a common sense thing to do.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I guess will just wait till AMC is no longer owned by a Chinese company. In the meantime, I sure am saving tons of money not spending at companies playing the propoganda front.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

If I thought I needed a mask for my safety I wouldn’t go sit in a crowded theatre.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe drive ins will make a comeback?
They were always more fun anyways
And, more economical.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

We have a drive in about a half mile from my house that’s been open this summer.
I can tune in the radio station in my living room. Lol

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Literally no one will miss you.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

The peanut gallery speaks...

Back at cha bud..

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I rarely went to the theater to see anything anyway. I would much rather be in the comfort of my own home with a pause button when I need it.

Plus, who wants to spend 50 or 60 bucks for movie tickets, some crappy popcorn and a couple of cokes?
edit on 19-6-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I didn’t mind sometimes.
The big sound.
The crowd reactions.
Date night with the wife.

We are pretty selective on the movie we see.
Avengers.
Star Wars,,,,or we were lol

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have a few questions on this whole thing..

one... who are and more important HOW MANY "outcry against the company for not making it a mandate in the first place.”

lately it seems that it isnt the number but who can bitch the loudest. Who is in XX protected group and who is the main street media darling that will defend them no matter what if their bs is called out.

two.. why not open with mask OPTIONAL and see how much business they get / dont get and LET THE MARKET DECIDE?

that is one concept I always wondered isnt universal... I bet if it was (and after the ranting fools protest) you be surprised how few those fools are.

the problem is gonna be while they satisfy the "pro mask" mob the MAJORITY that would spend their money there (at very least give their home bound kids something to do) will just wait for streaming services to carry whatever movie comes out.

because the movie makers dont care what the "complainers" want but what will earn them the most money...

scrounger

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Masks dont protect the wearer as much as those around them from the virus. It keeps your germs from traveling out of your mouth and into someone else's airways.
Protecting others, like the person selling you the tickets or the lady working the concession stand... who, well I am sorry, but if you want to be in a movie theater being entertained, someone will have to be employed and doing theose jobs. That someone might not have a choice about being there since refusing to return to work when called back will result in loss of unemployment benefits. And, they might have a bit more motivation driving their desire not to be infected than you!!
12,000 people in the state of virginia are refusing to return to work and facing the loss of their unemployment benefits. We are all supposed to be wearing a mask out in public spaces in the state. Maybe some of that 12,000 would be more willing if the stores and resturants weren't filled with unmasked people too inconsiderate to care if their germs get passed to others who are at far more risk or if the state was actually enforcing the policies that they claim are in effect to convince us all its "safe" to go out and spend money and replenish their tax revenues.
Just wear the danged mask or stay home or maybe I'll stop staying home and forget about wearing mine and if you run across me in a stores you will be the one wishing for more protection!!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Same thing goes for restaurants in my area. Wear a mask, stay 6ft away from waitress as she walks you to the table, keep mask on when speaking to waitress, take it off to eat, then put it back on when waitress checks on you, remove mask to finish eating, put mask on to leave table for bathroom/leave.
So it's safe to take mask off to eat but not to walk to table? Is there a force field around my table to keep evil germs away while I eat?
To go through all that, I don't eat out anymore.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
so why have you waited until 2020 to start wearing masks? Why were you not wearing masks every year, when everyone you knew got sick multiple times a year, especially tobacco smokers? Especially since those sicknesses you have successfully fought off for decades of your life, often times from a corona virus, have the same danger as the covfefe19 .

What actually makes you believe this particular corona virus out the dozens you have contracted in your lifetime suddenly requires this level of commitment for something that is exactly as contagious and less than lethal as all of the other illnesses you have come down with in life??

My stupid mayor just mandated masks, and of course the corporations within the city limits are demanding it. Good thing I live in the county jurisdiction by technicality and now I am just shopping at the businesses not within the City of Tampa. Clearly I am not welcome in my own city, so I will just shop in all the businesses not within the limits.

Funny thing, this is actually a trend that is increasing as less people are opting for businesses forcing this nonsense and choosing to shop at the businesses that are not subject to this terrorist propaganda by enemies of Liberty. The small corner stores and meat markets have certainly appreciated the uptick in business.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There is two ways to look at this, but both ways leads to the same conclusion..

Either group a is right and this is just a bunch of overblown hype, overblown for political and probably economic goals. Or group b is right and this isnt just your average flu. And, the risks are being portrayed as a hoax... for political and economic goals...

Either way though, it is politics and greedy sobs that are making life much more difficult. Weather it is warrented or not, there are those who are convinced that this virus poses a much higher risk to them and are trying to avoid contracting it and spreading it.
I haven't worn a mask, because I haven't been much further from my house than my mailbox in months! I have spent over a hundred dollars on masks to ensure my sons are able to abide by the state mandates though. Why, I have no idea!!! Seems as though no one feels like enforcing the danged mandate while half the population ignores it...
Every day this week I have read about at least one business in my community closing because employees have been found to have the virus. And, there is at least one who has had their plumber walk away and leave them to contend with their own dang plumbing problems because they refused to have their employees or customers wear a mask while he worked. While I would agree that it might be a bit much to ask a homeowner to do this, there is a state mandate covering the danged business!
And we all whine how we want things to return to normal and demand the workers get back to work as the sick arsed political game is played on ensuring normal stays far, far away!!

Oh, I hope yous weren't planning on visiting europe this summer, by what I hear, we virus ridden americans arent welcomed there.

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I can destroy the argument about masks needed for protection by just one known fact

if in average to good health your odds of SURVIVAL/RECOVERY from covid is 99.8 OR BETTER
Or to put it another way your chance of DYING is .02 percent.

add to it over 80 percent have NO SYMPTOMS or such small amount that medical care and/or testing is NOT DONE.

If you are made vulnerable to crovid that death is a serious possibility (like immune compromised, elderly with multiple health problems, or little baby with no immunity) then YOU SHOULD NOT BE OUT..
or at very least YOU TAKE PRECAUTIONS (like wearing a mask) .

its not up to THE HEALTHY to take extra precautions that you should be taking .

Look I am not against taking special precautions in KNOWN PLACES where people are extremely vulnerable.. Like hospitals or nursing homes...

IMO if you want to wear a mask, stay 6 feet from your fellow man, and/or (ex) wipe down a cart before you use it... all the power to you and I do not judge you..

but to make EVERYONE wear masks for the survival rates given is just wrong.

if you are that vulnerable then its UP TO YOU to take the necessary precautions
if the "threat" is so bad then someone can CHOOSE not to go out..

look this virus is in a family of viruses that has existed for a LONG TIME.. it effects (different strains) both animal and humans.. those strains mutate often.

it isnt gonna go away, a "vaccine " isnt gonna be a cure all (remember influenza "flu" viruses) and some are vulnerable to a level that ALMOST ANY pathogen could kill them (or as my father once said "one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel ).

just another "flu" that we need to learn to live with and go on with our lives.. just like the "common flu".

BTW I still dont see that the MAJORITY wants this mandatory.

again why not let PEOPLE DECIDE and THEN DETERMINE what should or should not be mandatory.

I honestly think those demanding this are a minority and are afraid the majority doesnt want to follow them.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 25 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Ok, then you should have no problem if the general population is given access to those good masks, ya know, the ones that we are still trying to reserve for the healthcare providers, the ones that do actually gives some protection from the germs and viruses around you instead of just confining your germs and preventing them from infecting others? Because, by what I am being told, around my neck of the woods, the type of masks they want us to use will have very little effect because too many just arent wearing them!
You want businesses open? Ok, but every day I am reading about one or more companies having to shut down because of this virus. Ya, they just shut down for a few days so they can sterilize everything, but how long are they gonna be willing to do this if they end up having to shut down every week or two?
And, just what kind of disaster will we be facing if some kind of natural disaster hits one of these areas where the hospitals ICU occupancy is already sitting at 80%-90% because of virus outbreaks? Houston if filling up their children's hospital with carona patients. A city in florida has something like 97% ICU occupancy in all their hospitals.
I am not gonna argue with you weather or not this virus is just another flu or common cold or not, I believe the current death toll has already surpassed that of an entire season for your typical flu!

And, as far as people being able to choose not to go out?? Okay, should we expand disability benefits to include everyone who has a history of asthma, every diabetic, every person with a cardio-vascular disease, and whatever else thay are claiming puts people in a higher risk group? Might as well give them a raise also since having to get someone to get their groceries and run thier errands will probably end up being a significant expense. If your answer is no, then no staying home is probably not an option.

posted on Jun, 26 2020 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Ok, then you should have no problem if the general population is given access to those good masks, ya know, the ones that we are still trying to reserve for the healthcare providers, the ones that do actually gives some protection from the germs and viruses around you instead of just confining your germs and preventing them from infecting others?

first of all you have no clue what "the good masks " are. Because outside of bandanas and "home made" masks most if not all masks available to "heathcare providers" are availabe to anyone.. yes supplies are limited and costs expensive but they are there. but as you willfully ignore that unless ANY MASK is put on right, not touched by hands, used in correct situations and used within limited time span they will be ineffective. so you start out with an emotional rant instead of facts.. off to an expected but poor start if expect to be taken seriously

Because, by what I am being told, around my neck of the woods, the type of masks they want us to use will have very little effect because too many just arent wearing them!

sigh... again it isnt "how many are wearing them" that determine how "effective" the are. it is the above factors i alreadly listed. along with if YOUR NOT SICK they are ZERO effective..

You want businesses open? Ok, but every day I am reading about one or more companies having to shut down because of this virus. Ya, they just shut down for a few days so they can sterilize everything, but how long are they gonna be willing to do this if they end up having to shut down every week or two?

O boy the emotional rants keep comming.. they are not "shutting down sp tjeu cam stero;oze everything", but because they are ORDERED TO BY state politicians.. you are correct they are not gonna want to stay open if the state politicians will just close them again.. but that isnt the issue here now is it.. its about MANDATED MASKS for movie theaters because some people COMPLAINED (btw we still dont know how many or if it will make a difference) ... try to stay on topic ok

And, just what kind of disaster will we be facing if some kind of natural disaster hits one of these areas where the hospitals ICU occupancy is already sitting at 80%-90% because of virus outbreaks? Houston if filling up their children's hospital with carona patients. A city in florida has something like 97% ICU occupancy in all their hospitals.

oh PLEASE GET OFF the "hospitals will be overflowed" BS... even in the biggest "hot spots" the hospitals "capacity" was never exceeded. no one died from "lack of ventalators" (remember that claim) or lack of bed space. In FACT the temporary sites set up (like the mcormick place in chicago il) for overflow and the hospitals BUILT SPECIFICALLY FOR THIS CLAIM (at millions of taxpayer expense) WERE NEVER USED. even the hospital ship sent to NYC was ONLY USED BY 50 PEOPLE.. thats 50 total stay, not even at one time. along with most hospitals had lots of room due to elective tests/surgeries were stopped due to this claim.. to add to how wrong your overused claim is alot of hospitals are LAYING OFF TRAINED MEDICAL PEOPLE due to lack of buisiness... so again NOT ONE PERSON DIED due to lack of space or ventilators.. so stop repeating the tired old emotional rant.. your "overwhelming medical facilites" card has been declined

I am not gonna argue with you weather or not this virus is just another flu or common cold or not, I believe the current death toll has already surpassed that of an entire season for your typical flu!

sigh .. to you ever get tired of looking foolish? do you really need to be reminded how the "death numbers" are at best inaccurate? that the CDC (on its own website if you want proof) is allowing "anyone suspected or with symptoms of covid to be counted as cause of death" and (the sad kicker) "NO TESTING REQUIRED" (their own words). along with other diseases dwarf the supposed death count. along with hwo magically the "common flu" deaths seem to have stopped since covid has been arround..

And, as far as people being able to choose not to go out?? Okay, should we expand disability benefits to include everyone who has a history of asthma, every diabetic, every person with a cardio-vascular disease, and whatever else thay are claiming puts people in a higher risk group?

ok if your in a higher risk group YES SOME ACTIVITIES, PLACES ECT you are limited and/or have to take percautions.. that is ON THE PERSON , NOT THE REST OF SOCIETY.. along with not only covid, but influenza, rsv, pnenumonia, and a whole host of pathogens pose a threat.. but you dont see this kind of actions being demanded when last year over 60 THOUSAND people died from the flu, over 80 thousand year before that . with not a covid in sight..

now as for your "expand disablility" emotional rant (yet again) .. that is a DIFFERENT TOPIC .. your deflection attempt is sad and quite transparent. i see when you cant defend your point you go off topic ..

Might as well give them a raise also since having to get someone to get their groceries and run thier errands will probably end up being a significant expense.

again what the hell are you babbling about? if they are that sick someone already has to do that for them. if they are that vulnerable who is stopping THEM FROM TAKING PERCAUTIONS? along with need i point out alot of "heathy people" cant "buy grocieries" because the LOST THEIR JOBS due to the emotional outbursts instead of facts you espouse.S

If your answer is no, then no staying home is probably not an option.

Sigh again if ANYONE wants to stay six feet away from someone, wants to wear a mask, wipe down their carts, whatever FEEL FREE TO DO SO..

but its not up to THE REST OF US to be forced to take actions (like masks) because YOU ARE AFRAID.

along with as a whole (yes even including heath compromised) the odds of dying from covid 19 as SHOWN BY HARD FACTS is 99.8 percent
or in other terms your chances of dying if you catch it are .02 percent.

yes the odds go up on AN INDIVIDUAL if they hare immune compromised, specific type and number of health problems, or both.. but then thats the INDIVIDUAL and known factors..

yes some bad luck can happen with ANYONE.. but that is rare.

so your making people wear masks to make you feel safe from a virus that will exist for all humanity with a death chance of .02 percent..

sorry but if your that worried.. STAY HOME..

scrounger

posted on Jun, 27 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I am not making anyone do anything...
Just words, on your computer screen for you to consider, accept or reject...
Heck, as far as I hear, ain't no one around making anyone wear a mask even though it is mandated.
And, it's not like the conservatives arent trying to force their own will onto people here.
They want to force their herd mentality theory onto society., refusing to cooperate with any measure that might help slow the spread.. ya, open up the economy. Get the people out there working and shopping, into the bars and the resturants the faster they all get infected the faster we can forget about this small problem.
Name me one infectious disease that was wiped out through herd immunity. Polio is a much more stable virus than this new one. It has basically remained the same for hundreds of years. The odd thing about polio is that we were closer to herd immunity before clean water and a more sanitized environment became more plentiful. But once we lost that, polio would go tearing through towns and cities every couple of years. It always had enough possible hosts to keep itself going. Herd immunity was not reached till a vaccine came into play. Polio really didnt cause that many deaths, but it did leave alot of crippled, mostly children. This virus has killed more people than polio crippled in a season already. And yet, if news that polio had come to town, parents would pull their kids out of school, public pools would shut down, and the kids would be basically stuck at home isolated.

Why should you wear a mask? Because you want things opened up. Because you want people working. Because you want a sense of normalcy.
Guess what... we all do!!! The idea that anyone is gleefully watching as all this crap goes down, as the economy tanks and people die is insane!!
The idea that we should just not test as much since that means more cases is just insane!! And, by the way, more testing wouldn't lead to more hospitalizations, which is a better measure of weather an area is in trouble.
The idea that masks will cause brain damage like that other thread seems to be suggesting is the most insane thing I have read in a long time!!!

If people dont feel safe, they wont want to return to work or go shopping. They wont be in the bars or resturants.
And those businesses wont stay open if they have to shut down every couple of weeks because of an outbreak. And ya, it's the dept of health that has ordered them to shut down, just like they do if it were ecoli, or hepatitis, or any other disease the dept of health feels is worthy of needing special attention to control the spread of.

top topics

join