It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey @twitter Your Days Are Numbered!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

Twitter is a threat to twitter.

330 million active users per month says otherwise.

Remember when Gab was supposed to dethrone social media because "teh censorship" ?

Remember how that didn't happen?

Most people never heard of gab , but if the POTUS switches to a new platform it could be a game changer with the publicity.

Twitter was fine before the current POTUS and will be fine after.

Its going to take actual innovation, not pandering to an identity group, to hurt any of the current major platforms.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It Doesnt have to hurt them to succeed , but if it does succeed then it might hurt them.

Freespeech online and letting an individual to be treated as an adult to decide for themselves what they read or view online is sadly innovative during these times.

edit on 47630America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jun 2020 23:47:22 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Possibly related to a previous tweet.

@parscale
For nearly three years we have been building a juggernaut campaign (Death Star). It is firing on all cylinders. Data, Digital, TV, Political, Surrogates, Coalitions, etc.

In a few days we start pressing FIRE for the first time.

twitter.com...

Rudy G. Interview with Brad Parscale

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I don't believe people will let go of twitter immediately. I also question how many of those users are real.

Facebook had a story suggesting that as much as 50% of their ads were being viewed by robots rather than people which created an over inflated ad view count. This translated into more money for facebook. Inflated numbers just attracted higher ad costs which translated into higher stock prices.

Twitter's community is toxic and dangerous to regular people. It is a radicalization factory and it should be viewed with caution and extreme skepticism.

I remember when FB got caught fudging the number of users.

If any significant number of users (accounts) were fake, the advertisement companies simply wouldn't be seeing a ROI like they currently are.

Twitter is a platform for millions of people to post their opinions. Nothing extremists about that, unless of course we're going with the narrative that twitter will block you simply for being a conservative.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Twitter is full of trolls. Paid shill accounts that are
bought and paid for by George Soros and his 20
or 40 NGO's that he funds. Yes, Soros schills,
and he also funds the astro turf protestors.

When POTUS leaves, twitter will be nothing
but a handful of one winged birds.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Twitter is full of trolls. Paid shill accounts that are
bought and paid for by George Soros and his 20
or 40 NGO's that he funds. Yes, Soros schills,
and he also funds the astro turf protestors.

When POTUS leaves, twitter will be nothing
but a handful of one winged birds.

Ok.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

In a few days we start pressing FIRE for the first time.

twitter.com...

Rudy G. Interview with Brad Parscale

Thank you!

Bad boy Rudy ( still a free man)
I will watch this in a bit.

I want to see the death star!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I’ve been thinking of signing up.....does any know the record time for someone being banned?
I think I can beat it!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The truth is stranger than any fiction I've read. Here we are—children snort carbon dioxide and sharing is death. They miscalculated millennials fighting the Ministry of Truth. Many souls must be trampled for illumination of truth. One swoop is all it took to discredit the CDC, pharmaceutical companies, politicians—comfort of shadow will not be tolerated with my generation. The New World will not be what the depraved wished to achieve.

Weaving Spiders Come Not Here.

Fúck those in shadow. The monarch program failed. Those old swine had no idea whom would grow up with the internet, and just how dangerous they proved to be. We're out here. The intelligence apparatus will not stop until they're all disgraced. We specialize in counter symbolism, and we don't eat babies. To any piece of sh¡t working against truth reading this, I see you. Every time you attempt to probe my network.

#MAGA 2020 B¡TCH

edit on fSaturdayAmerica/Chicago0703699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

lol yeah nobody used twitter before trump became potus.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My prediction trump will never leave twitter. If he wins reelection , if he doesn't. He still wont leave it.
trump loves twitter and always has.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Obviously, Duh, what he meant was Twitter GREW as a result of Trump, basic fact and with him moving, so will a sizeable portion of its population, he is the President after all.

Before Trump, nobody really cared other then using another Social Media platform, then Trump came into power and went to war with Liberal media by appealing directly to the American people via Twitter and as a result, saw a massive population growth.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with their censorship.

Their algorithm feeds you outrage. They manipulate opinion and then don't do anything about the radical elements that recruit and act in the real world.

This true both on the left and the right.
edit on 6 20 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Obviously, Duh, what he meant was Twitter GREW as a result of Trump, basic fact and with him moving, so will a sizeable portion of its population, he is the President after all.

Before Trump, nobody really cared other then using another Social Media platform, then Trump came into power and went to war with Liberal media by appealing directly to the American people via Twitter and as a result, saw a massive population growth.

Doesn't really look that way from this info.
Looks like a steady climb with the biggest gains happening in 2012.
www.statista.com...
That's only counting active users.
Is your info counting the inactive and/or bots ? Can I see where you got your information?

i don't think twitter cares if trump leaves. Not as far as membership goes. Obama's got 120million followers. The most followers on twitter. Something I didn't know until I did some research on my reply to you. This list has the top 10 of twitter by follower. en.wikipedia.org...
Trump is a respectable 8. But you can clearly tell by those numbers that twitter would be just fine if trump left.
Trump does bring fame to those boards though. Or is it infamy?

If I was tied with lady gaga i'd have a big head about my twitter identity too. lol

What I will agree with is that the msm across the board has been reporting on twitter because of trump. And twitter for sure likes the free advertising. But maybe all potus from now on will tweet? So even if trump leaves or loses reelection they will have the next potus.

lol I wonder if biden wins he will tweet all the time?
What if trump started a trend? Now every potus is going to have to use twitter or whatever social media site is biggest at the time.
The news will devolve into noting but a rehash of the days social media replies. With nothing but rehashed video that was posted by users on those sites.
Then twitter becomes the news.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with their censorship.

Their algorithm feeds you outrage. They manipulate opinion and then don't do anything about the radical elements that recruit and act in the real world.

This true both on the left and the right.

Those algorithms are attempting to give you what they think you want, based on your behavior.

So...

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No that's not what they do.

They force people into small ideological bubbles and then set them against each other.

It is also heavily biased in one direction. This does not have the effect of distorting the view of the one being censored. The real victim of censorship is the opposing side of those arguments. Twitter and facebook are weaponized like this often.

Without the censorship this is still a problem. With the censorship you force an ideological barrier between people and eventually, when they cross paths, they are fighting and organizing against each other.

Doxxing is a common thing to see on twitter. So is real life harassment of others, assault, and murder in some cases. I do not view social media favorably at all as I believe all it does is amplify division.

edit on 6 20 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Oh my gosh, yes, I feel the same about ATS. At one point I got so obsessed, I quit it for a while. But for the most part it is a daily thing. I will miss it if it goes. I was sooooo sad when I read the thread about it by SO, I saved all my threads. Not a big deal, they are all short, not many replies. But, I like having them to look at still.

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
So this tweet from Brad Parscale has me very intrigued.

Brad Parscale @parscale Hey @twitter , your days are numbered. Brad Parscale posted to Parler on June 19, 2020 Brad Parscale posted If anyone argues why @parler, here it is: on Parler on June 19, 2020

twitter.com...

Does anyone know what might be up with this?

Is there a new platform coming?

I have clicked on his tweet and it is now leading to a
place called Parler.

parler.com...

Anyone have any info on this?

January 11, 2021

With Parler being "nuked" last night by Amazon web hosting server, how safe is the GAB platform?

fyi: GAB picked up a staggering 600,000 new users/subscribers today alone!

Source: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have spent a little time on GAB as a visitor in the last
few days, trying to find any information President Trump
might have posted. I don't know much else about it,
but imagine I will be finding out.

IMO, Twit for brains Twitter did this mostly out of fear
that Parler might become a serious competitor, as they
had rose to #1 in the App store the 24 hours before
Amazon took them down.

posted on Jan, 12 2021 @ 02:35 AM
link   
As of August last year Twitter had around 150 million users, 68 million of which were in the USA.

Assuming say 50 percent of the US ones left because of this issue that would still leave around 115 million subscribers.

I think they could survive on those figures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join