It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Indians Rush to Block Illegal Chinese Construction on the Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Apologises for the Twitter link, it's the only video I can find at the moment

No. This is not a new Brad Pitt zombie movie. These are hundreds of Indians running to block China’s illegal constructions in the boarder with India.

Like a scene out of World War Z, hundreds of Indians storm down the mountain side to block Chinese construction on the border.

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties
Why did I immediately imagine hearing, the William Tell Overture
www.youtube.com...
lol

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: Glen Campbell performing

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: skybandit
lol

lol, I know it's crazy!

I have been watching the border stuff closely. Modi screwed over India so the population are taking matters into their own hands. Modi has lost control of his populace haha. The Indians are seriously pi**ed off with China.
edit on 19-6-2020 by Smarties because: typo

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think Modi is trying to quell an uprising. Of course India wants payback, but as Modi said there was no incursion so we should wait for the facts. Its a tense situation.If some kind of street justice would prevail they would be launching tactical nuclear weapons.
lol

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: skybandit

What I am wondering is what is going to be China's response? If China sends in the military against these civilians then the sh*t will definitely hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Simply put,
You`re effen right.
The people are screaming murder.
Most have seen videos from the past where the skirmishes are more of chest thrusting than any kind of real harm.
Just sayin.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
In the corner of world hardest to see.
Sounds about the right spot to kick off ww3.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smarties

originally posted by: skybandit
lol

lol, I know it's crazy!

I have been watching the border stuff closely. Modi screwed over India so the population are taking matters into their own hands. Modi has lost control of his populace haha. The Indians are seriously pi**ed off with China.

As all good politicians Modi has realized the political wind is blowing hard against China. Modi, up to this point, has done everything to try and stop a confrontation with China... Is he smart or weak as a case can be made for both points of view ? www.scmp.com...
Modi says Indian army free to take necessary steps amid China row

Prime Minister Narendra Modi said Friday that the Indian army is free to take necessary steps amid rising tensions with China after a violent confrontation earlier this week between troops from the two countries on the contested border in the Himalayas.

While addressing the heads of opposition political parties in a meeting, the prime minister also said, “India has also conveyed its position clearly to China through diplomatic means.”

While noting that the entire country is “hurt and angry” by the clash with Chinese troops which left 20 Indian soldiers dead, Modi stressed that no Indian territory had been lost.

It was the first deadly clash between the two countries in 45 years, since four Indian soldiers were killed in an ambush along the de facto border in 1975.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I disagree with some of what you say, Modi has inadvertently promoted war with China, the 1 minute video below explains why. I uploaded this today.

He has basically given ground ground in Galwan Valley to Chinese. He has appeased them, he should have stood his ground. Give the Chinese and inch and they will take a mile. Now the Chinese are threatening to invade the north. It's all bad. I can't see this deescalating any time soon to be honest.

The problem is, Modi was worried about Chinese retaliation and this is why he gave ground to them.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

You would think people in power would pay attention to history and see what happened after Chamberlin.

But then I guess studying history is no longer considered a thing... *sighs*

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I agree, people these days want to bury the past not learn from it. If we bury the past we will eventually end up back in caves.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I like how they aren't using guns on each other and brawling in close combat.

Awesome video! Thanks. I wonder if they enacted some mob justice on the Chinese bulldozer drivers.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Interesting and if accurate shows the feeling of anger among the ever more patriotic Indian people.

Compare these two nations' OFFICIAL population figures.

India 1.353 billion people and China 1.393 billion people, remember also that China has better counting of it's people and India has many more backward areas were population can only be estimated so in fact India's population could in reality be higher and rather than less people than China it just may - actually - have more people than China.

I wonder if China has realized it's own error yet?, even if they border dispute like the 1960's war went in favour of China the Indian people whom are currently being whipped up by both religious zealotry and nationalistic pride would cry bloody murder and demand bloody retribution, indeed they won't be happy until what they see as the injustice of China's 1960's border victory has been redressed.

I feel very sorry as I can see this escalating if the leaders do not come to an amicable solution soon, Modi and his head of state president whom has the final say are going to be pushed by there people and will have to appease public sentiment while China is just trying to bully India to make itself into the sole regional super power and it's own people are also calling for more action not really thinking it out, this is like two freight train's heading toward one another let's hope someone switches the tracks before they collide.

To my mind China would NOT lose face if it backed down since the territory it currently occupies is not really it's own anyway and if they want to be seen as a world leader they China first has to show that it knows how to make and police peace.

I mean can you actually imagine what these two nations could achieve if they truly worked together with joint space program's, joint health initiatives and working to end poverty in India would create a huge new market for Chinese good's as well as giving Chinese company's there own Cheap labour source (not a concept I like but?) while there own domestic wages are rising.

Can you imagine if they had joint naval patrol's, how much power that would give them in there region of the world and in the best scenario how that could make there combined power a stabilizing factor instead of China's current status as a destabilizing influence snatching territory, how stability in Asia and it's markets would also benefit the west as well as themselves and promote new investment boosting both of there economy's while also giving China superior access to sough Asia than it's white elephant road (friendship highway) to Pakistan ever could or has, it's a crazy world though but I am saddened as there are so many children on both sides of this divide that will the one's that will have to inherit the mess there fathers and mothers make of it all today.

The world need's peace, children and hope and prosperity not more war, disease or population culling lunatics in hidden places of power rubbing there grubby hand's together since they want to keep us all divided in order to keep power in there corrupt and despicably wretched claw's.

edit on 20-6-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Is it possible that the Chinese communist party is directing public attention toward foreign conflict as a mean's of holding onto there power, perhaps people are finding way's around there censorship of the internet and there is a growing freedom movement within there nation?, could the outbreak of Covid 19 also have been a deliberate action to enable them to quietly move in more control and kill of certain people?.

posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The video clip reminded of some festival in UK (I think?) where folks hurl themselves with abandon down a hillside. I've watched the clip 10 times and can't figure out how the people are reaching the bottom without maiming themselves. Are they sliding down a loose slope with dirt/gravel??

posted on Jun, 22 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

That was probably Glastonbury on old footage when it first started.

An annual music gathering were world class musician's often play, the crowd often get doped out of there brains and almost every year there is at least one tragedy at the site due to drug's, sexual predation etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Sorry not when it started that footage was from 2011 but they have been mud sliding since at least when it first started, the site is notorious for becoming water logged and boggy especially when thousands of drugged up party goers start trampling it, probably worse before someone decided to get porta loo's on site.

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I think he is more likely referring to the cheese one

link to local rag

Plenty of vids on you tube etc - it's a bloody steep hill

oh there's a vid in link (that's the local rugby team playing catch at the bottom)

edit on 23-6-2020 by johnb because: see post

posted on Jun, 24 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

You know you are probably right, we have all manner of festivals in the UK ranging from pagan fertility ceremony morris dancers to new age fake druid's at Stonehenge (there cult has nothing to do with actual druid's and was only invented in the 1800's by a romanticist) to revived and some that just survived the persecution catholic festivals such as Our Lady of Walsingham and music festivals old and now as well as various sport's festivals sometimes with sports that most of us would frown at such as cow pat tossing (though you know while the novelty of the first Frisbee probably goes to the Greek's this was pretty good runner up).

posted on Jun, 28 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ahh in an update on the original story satellite footage shows' that the Chinese ARE the ones constructing on this disputed territory AND I think the Indian soldiers MUST have gotten the better of them because the Chinese have sent a load of martial art's instructors to train there troop's which I assume mean's that in hand to hand the Indian's must have killed more of them though the Chinese are refusing to release an official figure as to how many.

Every life lost is a tragedy on both sides these are human being's but the regime the Chinese are working for has a lot to answer for and India to coin the bible has not strengthened the hand of the poor with it's awful cast system and religious and culturally entrenched internal racism.

edit on 28-6-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join