It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington now on the chopping block. where have I heard that before?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: RazorV66

There is no doubt the Russians helped

Are you mad ? Never heard of " Operation Bagration " launched a few weeks after D Day by The Soviets.

It basically wiped out Germany's " Army Group Centre "

Geographically, it dwarfed the campaign for Normandy. In four weeks, it inflicted greater losses on the German army than the Wehrmacht had suffered in five months at Stalingrad. With more than 2.3 million men, six times the artillery and twice the number of tanks that launched the Battle of the Bulge, it was the largest Allied operation of World War II.

www.historynet.com...

Learn some bloody history as you obviously know bugger all.

I’ve heard about it....quite a few times.
You were basically bitching about Washington committing treason against England for founding America.
I pointed out that without the USA existing, the UK would probably be different after WW2.
Without the Russians help, it would probably be different here too.
But without the USA existing, multiple scenarios would have been possible.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Are you mad ? Never heard of " Operation Bagration " launched a few weeks after D Day by The Soviets.

Geographically, it dwarfed the campaign for Normandy. In four weeks, it inflicted greater losses on the German army than the Wehrmacht had suffered in five months at Stalingrad. With more than 2.3 million men, six times the artillery and twice the number of tanks that launched the Battle of the Bulge, it was the largest Allied operation of World War II.

www.historynet.com...

You were basically bitching about Washington committing treason against England for founding America.
I pointed out that without the USA existing, the UK would probably be different after WW2.

You seem to forget. The U.S. only exists because of Britain.

If Britain hadn't put those 13 colonies into North America there would be no U.S. There would have been no George Washington in North America.

If Hitler had been killed in WW I there probably wouldn't have been WW II

We can all have fun and games with different scenarios .

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Damn, they are making it easy for Trump's reelection. At this point, a gerbil could defeat Biden.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

www.historynet.com...

You seem to forget. The U.S. only exists because of Britain.

If Britain hadn't put those 13 colonies into North America there would be no U.S. There would have been no George Washington in North America.

If Hitler had been killed in WW I there probably wouldn't have been WW II

We can all have fun and games with different scenarios .

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ok things are getting real bad I was just watching this and then came here and saw this thread.

Leftists DESTROY Washington Statue, Democrats Want Jefferson Removed In NYC, History Is Being Erased

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Damn, they are making it easy for Trump's reelection. At this point, a gerbil could defeat Biden.

Honestly At the rate things are moving I hope there will be an election to be had.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Guess what's next

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I have a friend that is all in on the getting rid of aunt jemima and confederate anything, he asked my opinion and I told him for the companies I dont care but where does it end.

we pivoted to Jefferson and he went on a rant about how he was a slave owner and a racist, so I asked him should we throw out the declaration and the constitution since his pen covered a lot of that, he didnt have an answer. (hes 15 years into military service)

you cannot just give in to these people you have to confront them and talk to them or they will never advance past their comfort zone.

I have no issue if they want to make sure the bad stuff is covered as well as the good, but "whitewashing" history for the sake of feelings will not end well.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have yet to get any argument about MLK. Obviously I'm not for removing his statue or anyone else. I was taught early on that inanimate objects are generally harmless. But as seems to be the case, we are casting out everything about these men, save for their slave tendencies. If a man is only as good as his worst moment, let his who is without sin cast the first stone.

This alone is proof this entire movement is idiotic, not thought out at all, and capturing the likes of the incredibly, irreparably stupid.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
All we need to do is remove the offensive things.

Time for REALLY Giant Asteroid 2020 then. Because everything is now offensive and humans as a species are too stupid to continue.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yup, I used to joke about wanting a zombie apocalypse... now I am starting to wonder if that has already occurred and the infection is spreading faster than the cure.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Jeez...what’s next $1 dollar bills? I’ll collect all the old ones.😉

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
Jeez...what’s next $1 dollar bills? I’ll collect all the old ones.😉

Ben Franklin was 100 times worse. You would have to feel slimey just holding one of his bills. I'd be happy to rehome them for a small fee.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
George Washington, our first president, was a white slave owner, but a reluctant one. He freed all his slaves and their families in his will when he died. He was against the institution of slavery, but that was the way you got work on the farm done back then.

He was also a defender of Native American rights and got personally involved in cases against them.

George had empathy for all the people, esp. those who were treated poorly, he really did have a heart. He legally owned slaves but felt forced into the slave labor system that he wanted to see changed.

Events like these only goes to show the ignorance of the people involved and how full of crap they really are.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
America needs people with brown shirts patrolling the streets with all the craziness going on , sometimes you have to become Nazis to stop Nazis

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Is this the part where we all complain and act like we're super outraged on the internet while sitting and doing absolutely nothing about it?

Oh...yeah.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

what do you suggest we do, confront the rioters get mobbed protect ourselves and get arrested for daring to have a different idea than the mob?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Is this the part where we all complain and act like we're super outraged on the internet while sitting and doing absolutely nothing about it?

Oh...yeah.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Nothing so...uncivilized. No no, I myself am sitting down and writing a stern letter to several elected officials and by gosh they're gonna read it and change things, just you wait! You'll see, just you wait and see!

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I can't wait for them to get to the Lincoln Memorial. If they've done the rest they've got to do that else they are hypocrites. That's sarcasm. True, but sarcasm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join