It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington now on the chopping block. where have I heard that before?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

(CNN)A crowd of protesters gathered around a statue of George Washington in Portland, Oregon, on Thursday night and lit a fire on its head before pulling it to the ground.

Photos and video from the scene showed that the statue was spray painted with "Genocidal Colonist," "You're on native lands," "BLM" and "Big Floyd" -- presumably referring to George Floyd, who died last month at the hands of Minneapolis police.

Start coming up with new names for all the things named after old George. Founding father? NOPE, just another racist.

So there isn't much to say about this that hasn't already been said, but if we forget all the qualities of a man and reduce them down to one we deem bad, will there be any anger at all if we go after MLK because he was a womanizer? I mean, I can't even recall what else he did, just that he wasn't monogamous with his wife. Tear down his statues, and rename all those streets. All of them.

Is this the future you wish for your children?

SMFH.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

will there be any anger at all if we go after MLK because he was a womanizer?

The man or the manufactured legend?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

will there be any anger at all if we go after MLK because he was a womanizer?

The man or the manufactured legend?

Just the statues and street names. It's not like anyone would be erasing him from history, just removing the reminders of his promiscuous ways. All we need to do is remove the offensive things.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

(CNN)A crowd of protesters gathered around a statue of George Washington in Portland, Oregon, on Thursday night and lit a fire on its head before pulling it to the ground.

Photos and video from the scene showed that the statue was spray painted with "Genocidal Colonist," "You're on native lands," "BLM" and "Big Floyd" -- presumably referring to George Floyd, who died last month at the hands of Minneapolis police.

Start coming up with new names for all the things named after old George. Founding father? NOPE, just another racist.

So there isn't much to say about this that hasn't already been said, but if we forget all the qualities of a man and reduce them down to one we deem bad, will there be any anger at all if we go after MLK because he was a womanizer? I mean, I can't even recall what else he did, just that he wasn't monogamous with his wife. Tear down his statues, and rename all those streets. All of them.

SMFH.

They missed out " Treasonist "

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"you're on native lands"

Pretty sure 100% of the protesters weren't American Indian...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

www.cnn.com...

SMFH.

history is written by the winners. At least back then, George was a winner and your group were the losers. But dwelling on the past is so 8 minutes ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

SMFH.

history is written by the winners. At least back then, George was a winner and your group were the losers. But dwelling on the past is so 8 minutes ago.

Someone who wins a conflict through " Treason " is still a " Treasonist "

History doesn't change that fact.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

SMFH.

Someone who wins a conflict through " Treason " is still a " Treasonist "

History doesn't change that fact.

Just before the lynch mob got to him, I was able to ask him about that. he said without hesitation, "I don't give a rats ass about the British". So while it may still put some sand in your vagina, he doesn't seem to care.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

George Washington... a guy who paid for schools to teach black people to read in a time where doing so was a crime punishable by death...

What a racist bastard!

Let's just not have a history before the Kardashians.

/facepalm

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I don't give a rats ass about the British"

Washington was British. He wanted a commission in The British Army, but when he was refused he threw his toys out of the pram and changed sides.

When the 56 men signed the Declaration of Independence, they knew full well that they were committing treason against England and they knew the penalty—death.

forestlawn.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I would call it conquered, not native lol. They lost it not there's anymore.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

he had slaves, so anything else is just noise. Can you imagine the CHAZ when they take over DC? I think they should get started on that now. It's going to be hot next week. All the burning needs to be over with by then.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

edit on 19-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Washington was British. He wanted a commission in The British Army, but when he was refused he threw his toys out of the pram and changed sides.

When the 56 men signed the Declaration of Independence, they knew full well that they were committing treason against England and they knew the penalty—death.

forestlawn.com...

You should thank heavens that ole George had the balls to commit treason against England back then.
If they didn’t form the great US of A, you guys would be eating Wiener schnitzel and speaking German over there after WW2.
You would have held your own for a little while but you would have been overrun by the Nazis eventually without a country called USA.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

If they didn’t form the great US of A, you guys would be eating Wiener schnitzel and speaking German over there after WW2

I am sure the Soviet Union would have totally agreed with that load of bollocks.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I swear these people are straight retarded.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

forestlawn.com...

You should thank heavens that ole George had the balls to commit treason against England back then.
If they didn’t form the great US of A, you guys would be eating Wiener schnitzel and speaking German over there after WW2.
You would have held your own for a little while but you would have been overrun by the Nazis eventually without a country called USA.

Even if that was true the Germans would probably show less arrogance about it...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

If they didn’t form the great US of A, you guys would be eating Wiener schnitzel and speaking German over there after WW2

I am sure the Soviet Union would have totally agreed with that load of bollocks.

There is no doubt the Russians helped out big time but without the US, the UK would have fell almost as fast as France did and it would have just been the Nazis and Japan against the Russians.
WW2 would have ended a lot different.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: RazorV66

forestlawn.com...

Even if that was true the Germans would probably show less arrogance about it...

No arrogance at all, just straight facts.
I am happy the way it turned out for our two countries.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

There is no doubt the Russians helped

Are you mad ? Never heard of " Operation Bagration " launched a few weeks after D Day by The Soviets.

It basically wiped out Germany's " Army Group Centre "

Geographically, it dwarfed the campaign for Normandy. In four weeks, it inflicted greater losses on the German army than the Wehrmacht had suffered in five months at Stalingrad. With more than 2.3 million men, six times the artillery and twice the number of tanks that launched the Battle of the Bulge, it was the largest Allied operation of World War II.

www.historynet.com...

The 800,000-strong Army Group Centre was crushed. It is estimated that 510,000 Germans were killed, wounded, or captured, including 57,000 prisoners who were paraded through Moscow on 17 July

en.wikipedia.org...

Learn some bloody history as you obviously know bugger all.

edit on 19-6-2020 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join