It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want To Be An ATS Owner?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamreader

I agree, I'm the same, I don't post much, but am here catching up on fast moving threads every day.

I'm in for $1K. As long as you can allow foreign owners as I live Down Under.

K

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

How much money do you think this place would generate per month if it was perfect? Would you generate revenue through subscriptions or through ads or both?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Dudes, I think the problem is Google and gatekeeping through monetization of traffic flow.
These whores are attacking all sites that allow public differing opinions.
Killing apps that promote privacy.
Sucking up free speech(youtube) is their obvious mission.
You push the network price high enough, you just can't afford the bandwith from a site that could prob run off a small server rack.
So now you need lots of cash to play.
I wouldn't take on the biz without a revenue stream.
Who controls the cash in a website?
You have to sell a value. ATS is a massive txt/chat/archive dependent on advertising.
Advertising is leading away fron these type of sites.
Not a good prospect .
Really, a competitive ad company is needed that's not a glowcompany.com.
It's the tactical choke out of free speech.

Bingo. Thats the issue. Free speech online is being attacked by the establishment.

While the lefty tech copanies demonetizing ad revenue to sites that go against the narrative the republicans put the nail on the coffin by repealing net neutality.

So ats and sites like it are not only going to lose ad revenue by simply having comments enabled or painting the establishment candidate like hillary clinton in a bad light, but due to the removal of net neutrality now ats will have to pay more for piority hosting or people will have to pay extra to access such sites.

edit on 57630America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jun 2020 21:57:59 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Basically we're in a war we probably can't win.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM SKEPTIC OVERLORD

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: interupt42

Basically we're in a war we probably can't win.

Unfortunately so . Trump over ruling net neutrality was the final nail on the coffin.
Either he knew what he was doing or he got played by the neocons. Net neutrality was a huge reason he won

A whole new business model will be needed to save ats and sites that arent following the narrative.

Sites that go against the narrative will be cut off from ad revenue and they will have to pay to get visibility and equal accessibility since net neutrality no longer exist
edit on 08630America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jun 2020 22:08:23 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krusty the Klown

Ill go a hundred, why not open a pay pal account and do five bucks a month for free speech?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
After reading SO's post above...I believe the idea of a JOINT partnership (current ownership and members) is no longer an option.
It appears that a complete buy out by a group of members is still an idea worth considering according to current ownership.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Yes: $100

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
After reading SO's post above...I believe the idea of a JOINT partnership (current ownership and members) is no longer an option.
It appears that a complete buy out by a group of members is still an idea worth considering according to current ownership.

What we need is the operating cost or a new non ad revenue business model to keep ats afloat.

As SO stated ad revenue is getting harder to acquire for comment driven sites and without net neutrality in place ISP will be going after you for extra fees or they will intentionally slow traffic to your site. Its only going to get more difficult to generate revenue based on ads and more costly to run sites that go against the narrative.

Perhaps we should start an ats reddit or other site community group where we communicate plans and account verification for our existing ats userid incase ats goes down.

edit on 53630America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jun 2020 22:53:54 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Unfortunately, apparent from the beginning.

A time table would be nice. This is going to take a Lot more than posting.

It’s coalition / militia time!

IAMTAT, JBurns and FCD — have taken the most proactive Approach.

I implore you 3 to organize.

I and many others, are here to help.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Per Skepticoverload, it costs $30k a month to run this site. The value of the site as estimated in the below link is about $1.2M. The monthly revenue is about $24k (before covid-19). So the delta in a good month is only $6000.

This would not address lawsuits, upgrades, hardware replacement or other incidentals.

Per Skepticoverlord, the real issue is time. He and springer are done. As Phage said "They are old and tired, give them some peace".

If there were 500 people who became owners at $1000 each this thing would fly.

If there are programmers within the member base who could volunteer time that would help.

www.worthofweb.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
No way. There are much better investment opportunities.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArcAngel
Per Skepticoverload, it costs $30k a month to run this site.

That's not correct. $25k a month was ballpark operating costs for 3-4 months to upgrade/transition the code for a new cloud infrastructure.

The hard transition costs (new server, tech support, overlap, etc.) when I upgraded everything back in 2015 was close to $20k. We're new on a monster 16-core bare-metal server with two RAID arrays, one is an SSD array for the database. Specing and deploying that -- with the outside support needed -- was not cheap.

See this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...
And this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get organized. Select a person or team. We'll exchange mutual NDA's. Then they can understand realities.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArcAngel
Per Skepticoverload, it costs $30k a month to run this site. The value of the site as estimated in the below link is about $1.2M. The monthly revenue is about $24k (before covid-19). So the delta in a good month is only $6000.

This would not address lawsuits, upgrades, hardware replacement or other incidentals.

Per Skepticoverlord, the real issue is time. He and springer are done. As Phage said "They are old and tired, give them some peace".

If there were 500 people who became owners at $1000 each this thing would fly.

If there are programmers within the member base who could volunteer time that would help.

www.worthofweb.com...

SO also stated that getting ad revenue for comment driven sites is difficult. He also stated google ad sense (i t.hink) was giving him a hard time about threads that painted hillary clinton in a bad light. Its likely that sites that go against the narrative are going to be cut off from ad revenue all together or more difficult to acquire.

So that 30K a month is likely going to shrink.

Then you have the removal of net neutrality that allow ISP to charge content providers extortion fees where they will slow down users on purpose that come to your site unless you pay them. They did it to netflix so its likely going to happen to sites that go against the narrative,

Does not look like bright future for non narrative driven sites.

Also the code sounds like it needs some major updating which likely means a re write. Might be better to start a new ats from scratch?[

edit on 21630America/ChicagoFri, 19 Jun 2020 23:21:03 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i'm curious how much for the hole shebang ?
what is the price of a share ?
edit on 00000061120611America/Chicago19 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think the issue is, its not a one off right? its ongoing monthly costs.

Also, there's factors coming into play with censoring, cancel culture that are making our topics harder to maintain.

If I was a millionaire, I'd have offered long ago..

Sometimes things must die..

Just keep your ears open for when it rebirths

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sorry if I missed this but
If this is for real,

How much?

It’s not a big deal to set up a subS Corp.

I don’t know abut licensing or regs but I’m sure they would help us on that stuff.

It sounds like if we’re serious we better not delay.
edit on 19-6-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I believe that's 100% correct.

However, I also believe that the people here with the chops, knowledge, experience and financial resources to pull this off as a true for-profit business venture, probably don't have the desire to do so for a variety of reasons.

That's why I think the best fit would be for someone who wants to do this as a labor of love - assuming they can put together at least a break-even operating model. They should probably incorporate as not-for-profit org. And they'll need some help.

My bet is they're in for some sleepless nights and white-knuckle days regardless. But for those with the appetite, that's half the fun.

edit on 6/19/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
$100-500 As Is,
$100-$10,000 with voting rights.
$10,000+ with dividends (initially retained earnings that could be re-invested into the transition of ATS towards a sustainable business model).

Similar to tennisdawg's sentiment but I would want some assurance from the purchasing entity that I wasn't just pissing into the wind.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join