It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew now in place in area around Tulsa's BOK Center

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Mods please remove the link as I posted it in the wrong forum www.abovetopsecret.com... so there will not be a duplicate thread.

This is a smart move for the Trump rally and the city of Tulsa, Oklahoma IMO. I would plan for the worse kind of mayhem and be ready just in case.

One of the guys I went to the academy with sent me the link for the article. I asked him if he thought the police and local government would hold the line ? His reply was :

This isn’t Minneapolis or Seattle. People around here are prone to demand law and order. We have a timid mayor who likes to talk tough but it’s usually a bluff. We have a new black police chief who seems competent but hasn’t really been tested yet. I’m sure I won’t be going downtown this weekend.

A curfew was implemented for areas around the BOK Center on Thursday night ahead of President Donald Trump’s scheduled campaign rally.

“I have received information from the Tulsa Police Department and other law enforcement agencies that shows that individuals from organized groups who have been involved in destructive or violent behavior in other states are planning to travel to the City of Tulsa for purposes of causing unrest in and around the rally,” the order states.

I wonder who is funding the trips to Tulsa for the outsiders who want to cause problems ?

www.tulsaworld.com... 71f04647e.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'd be more surprised if violent leftists hadn't organised to try and shut down free speech.
My only hope is that if and when they turn up they are dealt with swiftly.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I'd be more surprised if violent leftists hadn't organised to try and shut down free speech.
My only hope is that if and when they turn up they are dealt with swiftly.

Judging by the times I have spent in Oklahoma I would think Antifa had better think twice before breaking in or burning down places in Tulsa if they want to live.. At least I hope so..

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Is OK a open carry state? IF show up cling to your gun and carry a bible.

edit on 19-6-2020 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
one of my friends was in nyc during the 'peaceful protests' and she was at a hotel.
and it was packed with 'peaceful protestors' from out of state, who were running, as she said, out of the building at times to 'catch up' with the masses.

it seems, 'peaceful protesting' is a touristy hip thing to travel to.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I don't know why they can't grab one of the vandals and ask him "nicely" who paid the trip.
edit on 19-6-2020 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
According to Trump, people are already lining up for his rally tomorrow. I wonder if they'll be tear gassed and pepper balled once night falls.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
one of my friends was in nyc during the 'peaceful protests' and she was at a hotel.
and it was packed with 'peaceful protestors' from out of state, who were running, as she said, out of the building at times to 'catch up' with the masses.

it seems, 'peaceful protesting' is a touristy hip thing to travel to.

I wonder why they are'nt enforcing a law that was enacted in the 60's that made it a crime t bus in outside agitators?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Dems OK BLM protest but act like a Trump rally is the end of the world .

We need do you use their devious plans against them . They tested infection right after the protest and obviously juked the statistics .

Everyone that attends the Trump rally should refuse to participate in after rally testing. Unless they are 100% sure they don’t have COVID-19 .

The Democrats are unscrupulous and will, lie cheat or steal to get their way .

To defeat these evil people we need to play on their level .

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why would they tear gas them, I take you would be in favor of tear gasing and pepper spraying foot ball attendees?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Because they're out after curfew. Where had police shooting people in the face with rubber bullets simply for trying to go the grocery store, completely unaware the was a curfew.

Hell, there were plenty of people on this site that defended the National Guard using tear gas and the like on peaceful protesters, including members of the clergy, in DC because curfew was starting in 30 minutes.

I don't want to see anyone tear gassed, but if Trump is going to pretend to be the "Law & Order President" then I hope he doesn't hold law enforcement to different standards when it comes to his supporters being the ones out after curfew.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Maybe if they loot and burn crap down the we could put them in the same category as the BLM.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I see no logic in making Trump supporters who are camping out for the rally move elsewhere. They are there peaceably. The police department's duty is to protect law-abiding citizens.

All they have to do is ask those waiting to stay in the area of their tents and talk quietly.

I think this has more to do with wrecking the rally experience for supporters than a curfew in anticipation of incoming trouble.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I see no logic in making Trump supporters who are camping out for the rally move elsewhere.

They're breaking curfew. These same people were likely cheering when people were getting pelted with rubber bullets for sitting on their front porch after curfew a couple of weeks ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
I see no logic in making Trump supporters who are camping out for the rally move elsewhere.

They're breaking curfew. These same people were likely cheering when people were getting pelted with rubber bullets for sitting on their front porch after curfew a couple of weeks ago.

A curfew put in place AFTER they'd already arrived.

It's completely contrived to harass and inconvenience Trump supporters.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
According to Trump, people are already lining up for his rally tomorrow. I wonder if they'll be tear gassed and pepper balled once night falls.

Actually, they started lining up MONDAY, June 15th!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This rally, combined with Joe Biden's paranoia over public appearances, will combine to feel like President Trump just sealed a landslide re-election victory!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Welp now there's not a curfew primarily so Trump's supporters don't get arrested and assaulted for peacefully expressing their First Amendment rights.

If only that courtesy was extended towards people that don't support the President.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Welp now there's not a curfew primarily so Trump's supporters don't get arrested and assaulted for peacefully expressing their First Amendment rights.

If only that courtesy was extended towards people that don't support the President.

Oh, you mean the people rioting and looting and setting fire to everything and assaulting innocent people?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
No curfew for the Republicans going to the convention?

It will be a # show either way. A million people fighting for 20,000 spots on a first come basis?

Forget the popcorn, bring your # towel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join