It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Novel Ways to Generate Revenue for ATS

page: 2
6
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: jrod

I'd rather have a feature where I can pay a monthly fee to block people from posting.


Looking at you DB and Nightstar.


We could hold an auction, highest bidder gets to keep me off the site for a year.

We'd secure ATS and have enough left over to buy Google, that punk-assed bitch!


You are a fun member, but I struggle to take you seriously at a time like this.



Stop right there.

Your first mistake was to take me seriously at all.

Okay.

*deep breath*

Carry on.





posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're one of the reasons I keep coming back!



posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Mods had global ignore buttons.

It was a meltdown when they figured it out eventually. Some didn’t and kept on for awhile until they figured they just wasn’t pushing the buttons to get a rise out of anyone.



posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: DBCowboy

You're one of the reasons I keep coming back!


Thanks Mama!



posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
what is the status of The Above Network, LLC. ?



posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I have a full rack with about 14 chassis currently taking up roughly 20U. I subscribe to 25mbps symmetrical bgp bandwidth from three asn peers on diverse routes with 20gb burst billed 95th%ile with a /28 block of addresses. I have 2x 220v10a redundant power rails backed by a massive liebert generator as any colo datacenter should offer. Less the cost of hardware the entire setup only costs me about 750 dollars per month plus i have 3x juniper srx 300 firewalls clustered in HA mode with 300 in recurring annual maintenance per device. I cannot understand why this site would cost more than maybe 1200 per month to run unless they are paying out the nose to cloudflare for cdn and ddos protection. Id have to see the numbers on traffic and storage to make sense of it all.
edit on 19-6-2020 by drewlander because: details



posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

And that brings up the big question. What is the break-even cost to run this site? None of this bant is useful without an objective.



posted on Jun, 21 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Start a POSTING CONTEST - Only those who contribute to the contest pool will be eligible to win
- It can be run as part of the regular site.

In this contest all contestents who have contributed the entry fee, say ten dollars, will be eligible to win.

It will be run in many popular topics and those who are in the contest will get a special symbol next to their user
ID to show they are in the contest.

At the end of each categories running period, say 30 days, there wil be a vote for that category, say best Alen/UFO post,
best political post, etc., etc..

All members can vote whether they are in the contest or not.

The money will be divided up this way:

ATS takes 25%, its share of the profit. The other 75% will be divided with 50% going to the winner and 25% to second plaee.

Becuause ATS has such a large user base millions of dollars per year can be raised this way as it may become very
popular quickly.


- AlienView


edit on 21-6-2020 by AlienView because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 1   >>

log in

join