It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novel Ways to Generate Revenue for ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It is apparent that ATS needs to generate revenue or else we will lose the site.

One idea I've had for years is to sell stars and flags(say $1 per flag and $0.25 per star) so users who buy them can give threads and posts as many stars as they can afford. We all have seen threads that we want to give multiple flags to as well as countless posts that deserve more than 1 star.

Another idea is limiting threads and posts per day unless the member pays. Allowing each member to have 1 free thread and say 5 posts per day will still keep the site free, then we can have the option of paying a small fee per new thread or post(say $1 per thread and $0.25 per post) and have levels of membership to gain more posting power, up to unlimited. Say $5 a month gives a person 5 threads and 25 posts a day, $10 gives one 10 threads and 50 posts, $20 a month for unlimited posts. Perhaps adding some stars and flags to the monthly membership options to sweeten the deal.

I just threw some numbers out there, the three amigos and company can figure out what would be a fair price for everything.

I have faith that ATS will get through this. With the help of the active members we will find a way. I have been a member for almost 17 years and will fight to keep the site alive.

Anyone else have ideas to generate the needed revenue to keep ATS alive?

edit on 19-6-2020 by jrod because: Add-on

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
When the owner basically blamed the users for the failing of ATS. That was when I decided I won’t be donating any money. I’m just wondering if the grass is greener on the other side. Been reading conspiracy theories on this site for 10 years.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I'd rather have a feature where I can pay a monthly fee to block people from posting.

Looking at you DB and Nightstar.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I believe the issue is that anything like that would take time and resources that are nonexistent.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I thought DBCowboy was starting an OnlyFans to boost revenues?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure SO said that Time is also a factor.

We could raise the money, but may be in vain if there is no will to keep going.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Add a fee for RATS I’d definitely pay.... in my mind RATS is the gateway to the ultimate truths, probably isn’t but the mystery of it has made it valuable

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

See this post.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
That would be a truly wonderful feature. Agreed...

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
It is apparent that ATS needs to generate revenue or else we will lose the site.

It's not just about revenue, it's about finding someone with the time to run the site now it is so complicated and expensive.

Time is money.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I read through that thread before making this thread. While more traffic = more ad revenue, I feel like finding another revenue stream besides ads is necessary.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There used to be an ignore feature years ago. I think you could have five members on ignore at any one time. Which meant to add a new PITA, you would have to release one. Wonderful feature in that you saw none of their threads or posts within a thread. If you allowed three for free and then $5/mo for an additional name, I bet some would be dropping $10-$12 grand a month in no time.

DB alone could probably generate $500k a year in people putting him on iggy.... Heck, I might be good for generating $20-$30 bucks myself...excepts mods couldn’t be ignored. You could list them, but it didn’t work.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

I know of someone who has done well turning a hobby into a profitable website, if you familiar with MtG, the website is tappedout.net

I might hit him up and a few others who are familiar with the site for some ideas to bring to the table.

Keeping the site running is a full time job and then some....with how active this site is, I would imagine there are a few out there with the time and know-how to keep ATS going.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'd rather have a feature where I can pay a monthly fee to block people from posting.

We could hold an auction, highest bidder gets to keep me off the site for a year.

We'd secure ATS and have enough left over to buy Google, that punk-assed bitch!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

The whole premise here should be about REDUCING the site functions to MINIMISE the infrastructure needed and it seems most people keep thinking inside the box to ADD functions instead.

Time is money, so a reduction to anything would be the key to keeping the lights ON.

Remove site picture uploads and get members to link to outside pic hosting.

Simplify the Avatars to 256 colours and small size with simple colour backgrounds.

Commence monthly competitions for HIGH QUALITY COST EFFECTIVE merchandise and rethink the merchandise outlets to incorporate existing businesses from members who would handle the e-commerce and fund with commission.

Allow private advertising for members businesses, FAR more profitable and a great positive attitude for the ATS family feeling.

Monthly writing competitions with a yearly e-book launched to coincide with Xmas.

Get membership running the inflow of reliable revenue in any way possible to reflect the passion many are now feeling.

BILL...you bought a little bouncy ball many years ago and wrapped so many elastic bands around it, it seems to have got away from you. Please don't walk away because it has bounced so far. The rest of us still want to play.

Give us SOMETHING to chase even if you have grown tired.

We must be creative and imaginative, and if you end the fun for so many it would be such a shame to think the obstacles were never seen as a challenge instead of a shovel to bury us.

Whatever happens, I will still wear my ATS "hoodie" with pride.
edit on 19/6/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
There used to be an ignore feature years ago. I think you could have five members on ignore at any one time.

I remember that, I put myself on there five times.

I also remember the 'respected foe' list.

edit on 19-6-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'd buy Myspace, I bet I could get it for a bargain.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We could hold an auction, highest bidder gets to keep me off the site for a year.

You are a fun member, but I struggle to take you seriously at a time like this.

Shame you will lose your ego source here.

How about something positive to keep things alive instead.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

If I pay double. Can I use the shadowban feature? Let people post but no-one can read it?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Send me the check and we'll work it out:

9800 Savage Rd. Suite 6272 Fort Meade, MD 20755-6000, Sub-basement #4, Server 33.

<<   2 >>

join