It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says Americans Are Anti-Science Because We Do Not OBEY His Expert Authority.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
I'll still say, we're seeing this with the benefit of hindsight - shutting us down tight at the beginning seemed prudent. And, in spite of the economic devastation, we still can't know for certain that that wasn't the right move

We will soon. How many 're-opened' businesses are having to shut down again when their staff becomes infected? How many 'early openers' are seeing surges in new infections? Lots. Almost all. The actual data is available for people to see for themselves. Or, you can just listen to Trump and Pence when they tell you OK cases are dropping 'precipitously'. Which is an outright LIE and they KNOW it. The rate of new infections has increased 10-fold since Memorial Day weekend in OK. Because of 'expanded testing'? Nope. Another Trump & Co. outright LIE. The rate of testing has gone from ~950/day to ~928/day.

They say it's safe and responsible to hold their Trump CJ BUT you must sign a waiver in case you DO get sick so you can't sue. As if any court would uphold THAT waiver.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I'll be the first to say we've been lulled into accepting the seasonal flu is inevitable. Your statement about "whiffing" isn't really statistically accurate. I know what herd immunity is. It depends on a viable vaccine and around 70% of the population having immunity from being infected. Neither condition is very likely in the near future.

As the Mayo Clinic pointed out.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Well.. I think the takeaway point there is that getting more sun (just as a ferinstance), is highly probable to improve health. It may not be specific to SARS-CoV-2, but I actually see that as a very positive thing.

My perspective on all this is that there has been a public health crisis brewing in the west (and the US) for years (Ill be very interested to see the stats on something like Guillain-Barre Syndrome this year...). The western medical system is staggeringly effective at triage and emergency care. But actual overall "health?" Not so much..

Thats a big topic, with a lot of angles, but when public health authorities have the attention of the population.. I think it would be good to use it to expand beyond very narrow perspectives that may even do more harm than good.

When it comes to a novel pathogen entering the picture, it will unmask all of these underlying issues from preparedness to health in general.

Its my opinion that before we go any further at all, we should treat baseline general health as the priority that it is. We simply have too much ignorance when it comes to something like virus interference and vaccines. Or, the long term consequences of mass disinfecting. Yet, many treat the former like "settled science," and the latter with a shrug of the shoulders.

Personally, I have really changed my tune on a lot of basics like Vitamin C this year. I think our approach to any of this is backwards, as well as involving a deeply concerning level of authoritarianism (whatever flavor concerns you most).

In other words, I believe this pandemic should serve as a wake up call to:

Truly improve general public health through education
Examine environmental factors of modern life that compromise immune health
Address what we can through everything from more sunlight to Vit C/D/Zinc to even temporarily shifting prescriptions that are well known to cause issues during an active outbreak
Then begin to look at pharmaceutical treatments
Only then begin to look at vaccines

I also think its the perfect opportunity to truly question the necessity and outright vulnerability of mass centralized dependency, from food to power to manufacturing.

All that said, I see us moving in exactly the opposite direction on every front. All the while, people are glued to their screens and focused on whatever their selected sources tell them to be focused on, what to think about it, and why anyone who disagrees is "bad."

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Yes, those poor, poor small businesses ... strange that we've heard of exactly zero big box stores that have been made to shut down for becoming a cluster site.

What are they? Impervious to spreading infections?

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Look at how many people simply don't eat correctly for a start. And I'm not talking about the usual song and dance about zero sugar.

I'm talking about just knowing how to cook, how to eat balanced meals, how to correctly portion what they make - those things. Those were the biggest tools in my weight loss. I didn't cut out foods; I simply cut down on how much at one time. I still eat the occasional cookie, piece of cake, etc. Those things aren't your enemy.

There's a lot more, but right now, no one is listening to that stuff. We are in the times of taking a pill for everything.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The day before President Trump's Tulsa rally, the leader of the World Health Organization warns everyone that covid-19 is roaring back!

www.cnbc.com...

We know that, mister terrorist Tedros. Now, go away!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Dr. Fauci had his shot, the American people found him untrustworthy. The is no use crying over spilt milk.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Dr. Fauci had his shot, the American people found him untrustworthy. The is no use crying over spilt milk.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a leading infectious disease expert, said that "anti-science bias" in the US is problematic.
"So when they see someone up in the White House, which has an air of authority to it, who's talking about science, that there are some people who just don't believe that — and that's unfortunate because, you know, science is truth!"

Why would anyone believe that lying pos Fauci ?
Owned and operated by Big-Pharma™.
What a craptastic call to authority, ha !

No honest scientist would ever say "Science is truth", because they know it's not.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The day before President Trump's Tulsa rally, the leader of the World Health Organization warns everyone that covid-19 is roaring back!

www.cnbc.com...

We know that, mister terrorist Tedros. Now, go away!

I just read that there was a even a lawsuit trying to
stop the rally. It failed.

Show is on, can't wait to see the fireworks!

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think its almost.. esoteric to a lot of people?

Its long term, and not constantly in the news or on social media.

I think the vast majority of issues come down to diet, both mental and physical.

Ive talked to some that genuinely believe that health in the west is just top notch.. But its not. The core of that is simply food.

We have people that are literally addicted to the dopamine hits from social media, slowly getting stronger and stronger "fixes" by more and more extreme content.

All these over-the-top people in our society are ultra vocal online, but they make up less than 10% of our population. We are essentially letting malnourished drug addicts drive our society.

When a novel virus comes along, and starts to break things down further.. the results are predictable. Particularly when there doesnt seem to be any effort to address simple, core issues that so much of this sprouts from.

It can be hard to get people to listen, even from a position of authority. In a time of crisis though, regardless of how one feels about it, those authorities have the stage. Yet, we see all these "experts" pursuing their own agendas.

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
From the President's tweet today, it sounds like Dr. Fauci was trying to take control of NFL Football this Fall, LOL.

Stay out of the NFL, Anthony!: twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Sorry that you're missing the BIG picture.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

For something where statistics exist, it's best to "follow" those, instead of scientists and experts.

Statistics are prepared by scientists and experts.

So has anyone heard of this book, "How to Lie with Statistics"?

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: drussell41

For me, personally, they lost their credibility in the 2014 ebola incident. This SARS-COV-2

Like maybe when that nurse was allowed to fly back to the us ignoring her symptoms knowing she had been working around infected patients and then was allowed to stay self-quarantined and got takeout food... I remember it.
Now we are being told different things at different times. They must think Americans all have advanced dementia and don’t remember the things the cdc and various health officials say. One day the virus is spread by people touching food, plastic, and metal oh yes and we better wipe down everything because the virus stays on everything a long time, and the next day oh well it doesn’t really spread that way.
They messed up their own credibility by giving us bogus information numerous times and then changing it on a dime.
To me Fauci is like a mobster... he’s got that vibe to me... but even worse, he’s connected at the hip to Bill Gates and they both have connections to making millions off vaccines.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

originally posted by: peck420

For something where statistics exist, it's best to "follow" those, instead of scientists and experts.

Statistics are prepared by scientists and experts.

So has anyone heard of this book, "How to Lie with Statistics"?

Statistics are often used by idiots, who think the public are idiots, simply to generate FEAR.

Example: "Corona cases are up 50% in Tulsa, Ok! OMG."

Reality: They rose from 1,000 on April 1st to 2,000 on June 15th, in a city of 400,000. And of course, no-one has recovered in that time.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Dr. Anthony Fauci says Americans Are Anti-Science Because We Do Not OBEY His Expert Authority.

Do you know how there's all kinds of diseases and Maladies and Cancers not being cured?

I'd bet at least one of those isn't being cured because the Medical Community is wrong. Maybe more than one. Possibly all of them.

It is the height of arrogance for Dr. Fauci to think that the Medical Community can do no wrong.

If they got everything right, we'd never get sick to begin with and we'd be immortal.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Fauci is a dipstick. And greasy AF. That’s why no one listens to this twerp.

But, in true flaccid twerp fashion, he’s butt hurt and whining.

Dude’s a loser.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
How true. Another contributing factor to the problem, is that many "experts" will not admit that they have big EGOs.

posted on Jun, 20 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Friday, June 19, 2020

And, he implies that his boss's boss, President Donald Trump, is contributing to the rebellious nature of American citizens. Here's an excerpt of what Fauci said this week...

Dr. Anthony Fauci, a leading infectious disease expert, said that "anti-science bias" in the US is problematic.

"One of the problems we face in the United States is that unfortunately, there is a combination of an anti-science bias that people are -- for reasons that sometimes are, you know, inconceivable and not understandable -- they just don't believe science and they don't believe authority," Fauci said.

On the podcast, he said that reasoning for choosing to willfully ignore science despite obvious risks to health is "inconceivable."

"So when they see someone up in the White House, which has an air of authority to it, who's talking about science, that there are some people who just don't believe that — and that's unfortunate because, you know, science is truth!"

Fauci said that science was the "attempt, in good faith, to get to the facts," and said it was a "self-correcting" process.

He drew parallels between people who refuse to abide by evidence-based health advice during this pandemic, to anti-vaxxers, who deny the benefits of vaccines.
More at: www.businessinsider.com...

One thing Fauci doesn't understand is that Americans have access to the same data he does.

We can see that 99.97% of the deaths in this country are not associated with Covid-19.

We can also see that Dr. Fauci has "self-corrected" so frequently with his advice, and his predictions, during this Covid-19 epidemic, that it is easy to ignore him at this point.

When you read the entire article, it's evident that Dr. Anthony Fauci is clearly frustrated that his powers and influence have waned so precipitously over the past 5 months. (The author of the article sounds frustrated too, lol.)

-CareWeMust

Wow, too many undeserved stars for BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join